Peter Facinelli On ‘Glee': I’ve Formed A Bond With Lea Michele

Tue, November 5, 2013 6:03pm EDT by 6 Comments
Peter Facinelli Lea Michele Glee
Courtesy of Fox

We’ve only seen Peter Facinelli in two episodes of ‘Glee’ so far, but there’s much more where that came from. HollywoodLife.com caught up with the ‘Twilight’ alum where he revealed what the ‘Glee’ family is like on and off set.

On GleePeter Facinelli portrays Rupert Campion, the director of the Broadway show, Funny Girl. So, it’s no surprise that he’s already bonded with Lea Michele — whose character just landed the lead.

Peter Facinelli On ‘Glee': You’ll See More Of Me

“I don’t get to work with the entire cast, mostly [just] Lea Michele,” Peter told HollywooodLIfe.com exclusively on Nov. 4 at the Twilight Fan Forever Experience event celebrating the release of the TWILIGHT FOREVER Blu-ray/ DVD box set.

Peter, who portrayed Dr. Cullen in the Twilight saga, recently signed on to Glee as a director on Broadway — and he loves working on the show with the whole cast.

Glee has the hardest working cast I’ve ever seen,” he said. “You’re jumping from one set to the next doing dance rehearsals. I’m fortunate enough where I don’t have to dance or sing. I was there when they [would] bust out into these dance numbers they’d been rehearsing on their time off!”

As for Peter, we haven’t seen him sing or dance — yet!

“My character doesn’t require it!” he laughed. “I keep humming in the trailer hoping to be discovered. They haven’t yet.”

So, should we expect to see more of Peter on Glee?

“I’ve only done three episodes,” he said. “If time permits, you’ll see more of me. I’d love to do more.” We were introduced to Peter in “Love, Love, Love” and “Tina in the Sky with Diamonds” — so that means we’ll see him again, at least in one more episode!

Peter Facinelli Compares ‘Glee’ Life To ‘Twilight’ Life

While Peter is extremely busy with both Glee and Nurse Jackie, he still makes time for his friends and family — including his Twilight family!

“I’m a part of that family,” he said. “We started from the beginning, so the bonds there are for a family. And I may not see a Twilight member for a while, but when you see them you pick up where you left off — there’s no awkwardness.  It’s like seeing a relative you haven’t seen for a while — you just get this happy family. With Glee . . . they already have their family. But now I feel an extended part of it. It’s hard moving into a moving train.”

However, he likes being a “third cousin” and tols us that everyone on set is “so nice and welcoming.”

“Now I have a connection with Glee fans – it’s like a crossover for Glee and Twilight fans,” he added. That’s a perfect combination in our opinion!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you hope that Peter continues guest starring on Glee? Let us know!

WATCH: ‘Glee’ Ending After Cory Monteith’s Death

– Emily Longeretta

More ‘Glee’ Season 5 News:

1. ‘Glee’ Returns: Rachel, Kurt & More Take On Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ — Listen
  2. Jenna Ushkowitz: I Hope ‘Glee’ Ends ‘The Way It’s Supposed To’
  3. ‘Glee’: Adam Lambert Makes Sexy Debut In New Pics

Gunny

Posted at 12:05 AM on November 15, 2013

I hope he is on more – it would be such a waste to have such a build up to Rachel playing Fanny Brice, only to drop the storyline. I think doing some Broadway episodes would be great – it’s all Rachel and Kurt talked about for four seasons. I’d like to see more of it.

maai

Posted at 12:56 AM on November 6, 2013

Want to join a group where all members believe Interracial relationship?Love sees no color..Why not GO TO~~~ ( MixédPartner.c0m ) ~ —-A Serious interracial dating site for singles seeking relationships, friendships beyond race and borders. All members in the site believe interracial relationship.So,how about you?Join us to have a special mixed relationship.fg5r

abe

Posted at 11:59 PM on November 5, 2013

so their sex was Outstanding!!

lisa

Posted at 9:13 PM on November 5, 2013

NO! I HOPE HE GETS FIRED! HE left his kids and ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE INSIDE AND OUT! WHAT A FOOL AND A WASTE! IF HE IS ON……………….I WILL NOT WATCH ANYMORE! LOSER!

Mezzalenko

Posted at 9:36 PM on November 5, 2013

I’m sorry, but do you have the inside scoop the rest of us don’t on their lives and what happened and who was at fault (if any one of them was solely responsible which is highly unlikely)? As I’ve learnt from a divorce in my family, there are TWO sides to every story. Not everyone is as innocent as they come across or as innocent as they may claim – everyone plays a part – and everyone has their own crosses to bear. What he did and didn’t do in his personal life (or what he may or may not have done) should, in no way, affect one’s opinion of his ability to act or giving him a part in a show. Just saying.

Mezzalenko

Posted at 9:40 PM on November 5, 2013

I’m sorry, do you have some kind of insider knowledge of what happened that the rest of us don’t? Unless you’re, like, 10, you should know that there are TWO sides to every story and it’s rarely, if ever, one person’s sole fault that a marriage or relationship breaks down. Besides that, a person’s PERSONAL life should, in no way, affect their career. Same goes for celebrities. Just because a very small handful of narrow-minded people refuse to watch a show or a movie with a certain celebrity who has been painted as an awful person, doesn’t mean that handful will be listened to. Some people (i.e. grown ups) know not judge a person and what they do and don’t deserve in their career based on their PERSONAL lives. Did I emphasise the word ‘personal’ enough?