Fit Mom Maria Kang Defends Photo & Admits ‘I Have Stretch Marks’

Wed, October 16, 2013 4:48pm EST by 17 Comments
Fit Mom Maria Kang
Courtesy of Facebook

Paris B

Posted at 2:03 PM on October 17, 2013

Anyone who took her comment as a negative–needs to stand in front of a mirror. People give up to easily on staying in shape, too may EXCUSES. Regardless of how much help she may have–the point is, she stays in shape. How many fat women and MEN have older kids that do not need supervision–are they are still FAT!

Overweight “victims” NEED to stop hating people who stay healthy and in great shape, the enemy. I have seen too may times in gyms where workout time is used as a social event, time to catch up. I believe train hard or go home. Every fat person has a skinny story–so what is your excuse?

Thank god for stretch pants, what would the world be like than.

Maria–you ROCK!

Jennifer

Posted at 2:03 PM on October 17, 2013

She looks fabulous, and I am not jealous of Maria. I used to strive to look as good as her until I had to come to terms with the fact that all of the exercise I was doing was hampering my fertility.
It took a long time to conceive my children solely because I was exercising way too much! I am not built like Ms. Kang. I have a medium frame and larger hips etc. I finally had to accept what is healthy for me and my physical size. After I slowed down on the workouts and gained five pounds I conceived two wonderful kids, who are very much worth the extra weight. She may be healthy at her weight, but you can also be healthy and not look like her. For some women trying to look like Maria Kang may be unhealthy. There is a such thing as being too thin as well.
Just my two cents for some moms out there who may be struggling to have kids and are striving to look like this. I have had a few friends and acquaintances who are gong through this. Telling them they are too thin to get pregnant doesn’t seem to hit home with them.

Paris B

Posted at 2:08 PM on October 17, 2013

Great insight and comments. Yes one can reach a point where being too thin is unhealthy, and at some levels dangerous. I do agree, talking about someone’s weight gain or loss can be pretty unpleasant.

mommyRyan

Posted at 5:30 AM on April 24, 2014

She’s simply an inspiration/motivation. Looking at the ad doesn’t mean we need to have the EXACT body like her (come on..). After giving birth to my son I started my workout routine daily and just to be fit and healthy.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you weight when you’re unable to conceive?

Fran

Posted at 1:32 PM on October 17, 2013

Soooo many jealous women in this would its horrible. I bet all the ones complaining are fat and lazy!!!

mark

Posted at 9:45 AM on October 17, 2013

Really all you need is 15-30 minutes a day and you can do a bodyweight workout with zero equipment at any level. Unless you have some disability preventing you from doing it, people don’t exercise because they don’t want to.

Scott in MA

Posted at 8:56 AM on October 17, 2013

Must be nice to be able to just drop her kids off somewhere or have her husband home all the time to take care of the kids. My wife and I both work full time. We leave the house at between 7 and 8 am and don’t get home until 6 pm at night. We help our kids with their homework, take them to their activities and spend time with them. So I’m sorry that we are tired at the end of the day and want to just relax. So maybe she should have one of our lives and see if she can find 2 hours for the gym a day.

Jason Weishaupt

Posted at 12:12 PM on October 17, 2013

Your just a lazy puss with no time management skills. My wife and I work full time as well with 2 hour commute times, have kids, etc. We don’t watch much television which frees up about 30 hours a week. We take the rug rats to the gym with us 2 or 3 times a week. It only takes about 8 minutes to run a slow mile. Add warm-up and cool down and you are talking a 15 minute workout. So get off your lazy arse and quit being a sissy.

Paris B

Posted at 2:11 PM on October 17, 2013

You go boy! Well said!

lindsey

Posted at 1:40 AM on October 19, 2013

High five! You nailed it! Kids LOVE the gym!

Paris B

Posted at 2:10 PM on October 17, 2013

Gyms open at 5:00 AM. It all depends on how bad you want something.

lindsey

Posted at 2:12 AM on October 19, 2013

I’m a single parent. I work full time, commute 2 hours a day too. I make 90% of our meals from scratch, and I have homework to deal with — plus laundry and all that good stuff. She is reading at almost a 6th grade level at age 8, and the youngest 3rd grader in her entire school and makes the top percent in the state for her grade (just saying– homework? Yup. I do that stuff too).

And you know what my daughter LOVES? When we go to the gym! The care areas are great and it’s like her own physical fitness club with some of the kids there. 45 minutes later? We go swimming together. But you know what I really love? Is that she’s growing up having physical fitness be a part of her life and instead of watching reality t.v. she’s living reality.

Also? On nights when there might be too much stuff going on? I will do a 25 minute kick butt workout with a kettle bell while catching up on any recorded t.v. shows or the news when I put her to bed. The “tired” thing is all mental at the end of the day. The motivation is hard and I totally get that — but you’re denying yourself a great service that you think in the long run sitting on the couch is in some way doing something better for you mentally, rather than spending 45 minutes working out.

maria

Posted at 1:34 AM on October 17, 2013

Oh to be so obsessed with one’s body. It exhausts me just looking at her. She (and her hubby) look like one huge douche bag.

ann

Posted at 2:24 AM on October 18, 2013

Clearly you know nothing about her and her husband..before you start spewing your hate to this couple, that man (according to you) who look like a huge douche bag was a former Marine and a car bomb survivor in Iraq.

lindsey

Posted at 1:52 AM on October 19, 2013

Is she obsessed with her body? Last I checked making health and fitness a priority wasn’t really an obsession. She takes selfies, but I’m pretty sure there is not a single person I know on any type of social media who doesn’t. And yes, they’re in bikinis or form fitting clothing but you know what — WHO CARES. She’s had 3 kids and has probably had to lose a total of 60-100 lbs total in the last 4 years (combined) with her pregnancies and has body like that. THAT is inspiring.

Anna

Posted at 8:41 PM on October 16, 2013

The image with the caption is unacceptable to women. Her standards shouldn’t have to be every woman’s standard. But thank you for subliminally encouraging “what a women should be”.

Paris B

Posted at 2:19 PM on October 17, 2013

Maybe the fact that I am in great shape, her comment only encouraged me to continue with my efforts to take care of the one, and only body I will have for a lifetime. Having a great body is not something that a little makeup can cover up. A women’s body should not jiggle more than jello does. Women should stop depending on spandex as a means of getting dress.