Josh Hutcherson Bisexual? — Truth Revealed In New Interview

Wed, October 9, 2013 4:18pm EDT by 14 Comments
Josh Hutcherson bisexual
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Josh shared about his sexuality in a revealing new interview, saying he considers himself ‘mostly straight,’ but there’s always room for doubt.

Josh Hutcherson has thought of the perfect solution for his onscreen love triangle with Hunger Games co-stars Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth — a threesome! “I know Peeta would be into it, for sure. He’s very sensitive, in touch with his emotions,” Josh says in a new interview. OK, so he might have been kidding, but it just goes to show you how open Josh, 20, is about his sexuality. “Maybe I could say right now I’m 100 percent straight,” he says. “But who knows? In a f**king year, I could meet a guy and be like, ‘Whoa, I’m attracted to this person.’” Read on for more details!

Josh Hutcherson Bisexual? — Truth Revealed In New Interview

Josh, who founded Straight But Not Narrow, a youth group aimed at fighting homophobia, may be dating actress Claudia Traisac now, but that doesn’t mean he won’t have a change of heart down the line.

“I’ve met guys all the time that I’m like, ‘Damn, that’s a good-looking guy,’ you know?” “I’ve never been, like, ‘Oh, I want to kiss that guy.’ I really love women,” he tells Out magazine. “But I think defining yourself as 100 percent anything is kind of near-sighted and close-minded.”

Josh, who lost two gay uncles to AIDS, finds it upsetting when people are narrow-minded about homosexuality.

“Sometimes it’s frustrating to comprehend how people are not OK with it,” he says. “If you can try to tell me how it’s hurting you, you’re crazy. You’re absolutely crazy. Like, what do you mean it’s not natural?”

Josh Hutcherson: Homosexuality Should Be A ‘Non-Issue’

Josh sees a brighter future for the LGBT community.

“I have this dream that one day, my kid’s gonna come home from school and be like, ‘Dad, there’s this girl that I like, and there’s this guy that I like, and I don’t know which one I like more, and I don’t know what to do,'” he says. “It’d just be a non-issue, like, ‘Which one is a good person? Which one makes you laugh more?’”

Until that day arrives, Josh says he is “ready for a fight.”

“I’d love to have somebody who disagrees with me come talk to me, because I’d like to change their mind. And I think I could.”

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you admire Josh for being so open about his sexuality and standing up for gay rights? Let us know!

– Tierney McAfee

More Recent Hollywood Outings:

1. Darren Young: WWE Superstar Reveals ‘I’m Gay’
  2. Charice Comes Out: ‘Yes, I’m A Lesbian’
  3. Raven-Symone Comes Out — She’s Grateful She Can ‘Finally Get Married’

Misterious Girl

Posted at 9:17 AM on July 13, 2014

I think he is trying to tell to the people that being Gay, Bisexual, or anther thing is a normal thing, they don’t choose it, he is fighting for the no discrimination to gay people sacrificing his identity

Jared Richards

Posted at 7:22 AM on July 4, 2014

can the people who voted no please explain to me why you disagree with Josh and Josh is so hot

Noe molina

Posted at 2:34 AM on June 17, 2014

If he’s bi him be who he is no one can ever stop you from who you are !

Sunny sharma

Posted at 12:26 PM on March 20, 2014

Damn! The man is right

Saracasmforthewin

Posted at 4:31 PM on December 18, 2013

The comments presented here are the exact kind of closed mindedness that this guy is trying to work against. But by all means, don’t let that stop you, continue to lambast his message of love and acceptance, and go ahead and call him gay or bisexual, just cause he’s open to the possibility of finding a unique and unexpected connection to someone who might just happen to be of the same sex. Yay internet trolls! Pat yourselves on the back.

me

Posted at 11:34 AM on October 11, 2013

If he was so honest,open minded and near sighted he would come out and say he was gay instead of attacking people that don’t agree with his agenda I find it upsetting how he goes out calling people narrow minded,crazy and close minded for not conforming to what he believes everyone has a right to believe what they want but I don’t respect that he comes out calling people names for not agreeing with him and I doubt with that attittude he could change anyones mind.

Max

Posted at 7:43 PM on October 9, 2013

The fact he didn’t rule it out means he’s bisexual already. I mean i’m not homophobic or a prick about who people love, wish them the best. But, any straight guy and knows they don’t have any chance of swinging that way will just be straight up. A guy would just say i love women and i don’t like men like that , but i support same sex couples. I mean the douchebag way to say this would just be he sounds gay and he seems like he’s seeing how people would react to him being that way. It’s just funny a lot of men in hollywood you would never think in a million years would be gay are gay.

Blossom

Posted at 8:15 AM on December 14, 2013

Lol true… Like Ricky Martin too ><

Hies1950 (@Hies1950)

Posted at 5:05 PM on October 9, 2013

my best friend’s step-aunt makes $87 hourly on the computer. She has been out of work for nine months but last month her paycheck was $12968 just working on the computer for a few hours. Continued>>>>>>>>>> x.co/2WI6O

Peeta

Posted at 4:46 PM on October 9, 2013

I already heard he is gay….I think he’s testing the waters to see how the audience will react if he comes out in the future.

Nameless UnDEFiNed

Posted at 12:44 PM on October 10, 2013

Me too… I mean, if I were a rich actor, I’d want to see reactions before (Potentially) throwing away my career… I don’t believe everything I read about people being gay, but in certain cases I understand what he’s saying.

Boes

Posted at 2:20 PM on January 12, 2014

I dont think you guys know how sexualitty works. Hearing from people he’s is gay, doesn’t make him gay. Everyone says someone is gay all the time. And you didnt hear it from someone who knows him at all did you?
And he speaks the truth when he says most straight guys are narrow minded. If you are 90 and you are in the hospital nearly dying and you meet someone of the same gender who you love, you have fallen in love with someone of the same gender.
It can change in an instant. you cant know if you’re 100% straight when you haven’t met everyone in the world. Same with gay people. Just love, don’t label yourself with a sexuality. Cause it can change for the most peope. You are never 100% sure of anything. Thats what I think.
And of course there are many 100% gays and straights, but I think most straight people just ignore the same gender in the love way, because they are afraid to admid it.
And that’s what he means met narrow minded, people who are afraid to expirement with their own sexuality.

stephy

Posted at 8:47 PM on April 4, 2014

Even if he was gay, he wouldn’t be throwing his career away. There are gay successful actors, look at neil patrick harris.

Nameless UnDEFiNed

Posted at 9:48 PM on April 4, 2014

I understand, but imagine the Fangirls who all have Marry Me shirts and stuff xD