Jennette McCurdy’s Emotional First Tweet Since Mother’s Tragic Death

Sun, September 22, 2013 9:19am EDT by 8 Comments
Jennette McCurdy Mother's Death
Splashnews

It’s been such a sad time for Jennette. Her mother Debra passed away on Sept. 20, after losing a 17-year battle with breast cancer. Now, the actress is speaking out and thanking those who have helped her through it all.

Jennette McCurdy has taken to Twitter to explain how thankful she is for the outpouring of support from her friends, fans and family after losing her mother Debra to breast cancer.

Jennette McCurdy Tweets After Mother’s Tragic Death

“Overwhelmed by the love and support coming my way. Thank you tremendously,” Jennette, 21, tweeted on Sept. 21, one day after the tragic death of her mother.

Jennette and her mother were extremely close — the actress even wrote “Off-Camera, My Mom’s Fight With Cancer,” an article explaining the details of her mother’s battle and how the family was coping. It was published in the Wall Street Journal in June 2011.

Below is an excerpt:

I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for my mother to tolerate all she has gone through and continues to go through – the pain, the worry and the battle. She wakes up every day hurting and goes to sleep hurting even more. My mother, the constant optimist and effervescent, sprightly woman I know her to be, is caged along with this hideous beast they call cancer.

Fans & Friends Support Jennette

Jennette’s costars, fans and friends have also taken to Twitter to show their support for their friend.

Sam & Cat costar Ariana Grande tweeted, “I love you @jennettemccurdy.”

Actress Madison McLaughlin wrote, “Horrible news. Sending so much love to @jennettemccurdy during this horrific time.”

Disney channel star Debby Ryan tweeted “I just found out. @jennettemccurdy my heart is broken for you, my love and prayers flow out to you and for you.”

Our thoughts are with Jennette and her family during this time.

– Emily Longeretta

More Sad Deaths:

1. James Gandolfini’s Death: Celebs React To Passing Of Legendary Actor
  2. Gabrielle Union & More React To Lee Thompson Young’s Death
  3. Cory Monteith’s Death: ‘Glee’ Co-Stars React With ‘Heartbroken’ Tweets

Brianna

Posted at 7:27 AM on March 9, 2014

We are all here for you we are big fans we will always stick by u and mind yourself haters get lost they have no idea what u ‘ve been through

tate

Posted at 11:30 PM on January 18, 2014

I feel so sad for you

xcbxcbery458

Posted at 9:45 AM on September 22, 2013

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~MixedLuv.Çom~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.xcb

Dannette Smith (@diannamorris49)

Posted at 9:54 AM on September 22, 2013

what Rose responded I cannot believe that some one able to make $7116 in a few weeks on the computer. website here… ℱ­­­­B­­­3­­­­9.ℂ­­­­­ℴ­­­­­ℳ

abe "The Full 100 Percent"

Posted at 9:44 AM on September 22, 2013

stop with this “God Bess”-bull.
This kid has no mother anymore.

corrina williams

Posted at 9:48 AM on September 22, 2013

U know u don’t gotta be so mean stupid!!I go to church sometimes,and when something bad happens u say god bless to make sure that person going through this is okay and blessed.u supposed to say god bless,like god bless the 9/11 victims,god bless God for dying for us,god bless people who died in the Syria attacks,u say god bless when something bad happens,in other words u saying u hope god blesses them in heaven and in the dead.and her ma may be dead,but in her heart she not!!so don’t be so cruel,and have some respect.what if your ma died,wouldn’t u want god to bless u,or do u not care about our dear father who keeps us alive everyday.I’m not christian,and I know this!!its just common sense.unless u don’t have non!!

corrina williams

Posted at 9:22 AM on September 22, 2013

Aww god bless her and her mother.dear god,bless Jeanette to get through this tragic time.I don’t know what i would do if I lost any of my parents!!I wouldn’t be able to move on,but I would have to try for the sake of my brother and family/friends!!r.I.p Debra McCurdy!!

Jen

Posted at 9:53 AM on September 22, 2013

So sad, my prayers are with this family.