Kelly LeBrock Emerges From Hiding After Ugly Divorce From Steven Seagal

Thu, August 29, 2013 9:03am EDT by 22 Comments
Steven Seagal Kelly LeBrock Divorce
Fameflynet/Courtesy of Warner Bros.

In a new interview, Kelly LeBrock reveals that her bitter divorce from Steven Seagal left her too afraid to leave her house. Now, she’s emerged after spending years in hiding, as she prepares for a return to Hollywood. Good for her!

Kelly LeBrock’s divorce from Steven Seagal, 61, in 1994 was “very ugly,” which influenced the Woman In Red actress to leave Beverly Hills and go into hiding. After several years away from the spotlight, Kelly is preparing to make a return to Hollywood.

Steven Seagal & Kelly LeBrock’s Divorce Was ‘Ugly’ — Actress Reveals All

“I admit, I became a hermit,” Kelly, 53, tells Daily Mail. “When I split with Steven, the divorce was very ugly, and details of the case were on the evening news. I didn’t want my kids seeing it, so I simply got rid of the TV. I moved my kids out of LA so they could grow up with real people—the kids of gas pump attendants, plumbers, and real family people.”

Kelly says she suffered a horrendous incident at the hands of Steven in 1988. According to the actress, it changed their relationship forever and led to their “ugly” divorce.

She continued, “I had absolutely no self-esteem. I hated myself. I decided to swap my old life in Beverly Hills for a new one in the country, in Santa Barbara.”

CLICK to win a trip to New York City, courtesy of HollywoodLife.com!

Now, Kelly lives in a farmhouse and spends her evenings riding her horse, Kiwi.

“I feared everything and didn’t want to leave the house,” she says. “Sometimes I slept three nights in a row outside with no tent, just under the stars. Just me and my horse. It brings me closer to the earth.”

“I grow all my veggies and make my own cheese and yogurt. It’s bloody exhausting! To work the land full time keeps me so fit that I haven’t worked out in seven years. I clean the pool myself, muck out the pigs and the horses,” she added.

Kelly LeBrock Preparing For A Career Comeback

Kelly spent the past few years writing a tell-all book, which will reveal the truth about her relationship with Steven, and she’s preparing to make a return to Hollywood.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

WATCH: ‘The Woman in Red’ (1984) Trailer

— Chris Rogers

More Comeback News:

1. Chief Keef Releases Comeback Music Video Before Juvie Exit
  2. Lamar Odom Has Great NBA Comeback As Khloe Kardashian Hosts ‘X Factor’
  3. Jonas Brothers’ Radio City Comeback Concert Was Their Best Ever

Tony B.

Posted at 1:17 AM on August 20, 2014

Kelly, I have always been, and always will be a big fan of yours.

sandra sugden

Posted at 1:53 PM on July 19, 2014

i know him & he is a good man NOW!

gail louisa bailey

Posted at 8:42 PM on February 22, 2014

Dear, Kelly I’m sorry that Creep did that to you , He doesn’t deserve to be where he is Hollywood should have never allowed his career to prosper over yours , I stopped watching any movie that had him in it after I found out the way he treated you and you dropped out the movie scene. Sorry sorry you had to go though that and glad you are back some one should have kick his balls down his throat…

micky

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 12, 2014

lol at you gail Louisa bailey you should have you’re own talk show.
well why shouldn’t I defend steven seagal there’s nothing wrong with that. so you are saying to me then that because I am all for steven seagal this makes me a women beater lol behave you’re self silly girl what makes you think anyway that he beat her up. where’s evidence that he did oh I forgot there isn’t any is there GAIL LOUISA BAILEY so thank you for calling me an idiot much appreciated lol pmfpl at you cheerio

Trish

Posted at 5:27 AM on September 6, 2014

You ARE an idiot. Don’t talk trash (or should I capitalize the T to address you properly?) if you can’t even attempt to insult someone using proper grammar!
“You’re own talk show?” YOUR!
“Suppost?” Surely you mean “supposedly?” Suppost? Not a word.
“Women beater?” The word you’re looking for is “womAn.” You can only beat one woman at a time (in theory…) Thoughts? You know something about that?
“You’re self?” Really? You are self? “Yourself” is one word.
Clearly, you’re quite fond of YOURSELF. Ironically enough…
Cherrio!

felicia

Posted at 10:42 AM on December 5, 2013

Good for you Kelly its about time EVERYONE knows how abusive is and ppl know after going through something like this its best to take time away 2thumbs up for u for thinking if your health and your kids and not money and fame ……and who wants to like a man that hits woman???? ^^ i hope your daughter never date a famous rich man that hits her cause it sounds like u would just worry about the fame and money SMH yes he did it how do i know because ppl talk about their employers all the time lol thats how

jim

Posted at 10:19 AM on September 12, 2013

He’s not as bad as he thinks. If he was he would be a ufc champ. Play fighting in the movie’s and the dojo don’t count.

Fenton Meiks

Posted at 2:45 PM on October 3, 2013

That’s right, because UFC fighters are the best fighters in the world! SMH. I’d rather have Seagal in my corner any day that any champion of a sporting event.

micky

Posted at 1:23 PM on September 1, 2013

that’s right there’s always two sides to a story best about this is Kelly le brock wasn’t complaining about her famous lifestyle money glamour a famour movie star martial arts actor on her own arm NO she wasn’t you see this is only her story on how steven seagal suppost to have well done whatever to her which nobody knows because it never happened….. and if it did how come steven seagal isn’t in prison for it………………. because it’s Kelly le brock looking for attention is seagal bothered lol nope he just laughs it off ?

Nico Toscani

Posted at 8:42 PM on September 2, 2013

Kelly was the famous one when they got married. He was her bodyguard. It was through her connections that he got a chance to make movies. She caught him with the babysitter, the start of problems. Seagal is 6′ 4″ tall and his size isn’t big enough to caontain his ego; a well known fact among those he worked with.

DC

Posted at 11:21 AM on August 30, 2013

But….there are 2 sides to every story, right Kelly?

micky

Posted at 1:25 PM on September 1, 2013

yes that’s right DC two sided to a story ?

LissaCaldina

Posted at 4:36 AM on August 30, 2013

Carol

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 29, 2013

Kelly LeBrock The World Loves You!!!!!

DAMN!

Posted at 3:44 PM on August 29, 2013

Good for her.
I liked SS movies but always felt there was something not right about the guy.
I’m glad she was a great mom and protected her children.
If he was abusive towards her, I’m glad she got out of it.
Can’t wait to read her book.
I also loved her in that movie, Weird Science.

micky

Posted at 1:29 PM on September 1, 2013

how do you know carol steven seagal was abusive to her you wasn’t there neither was anybody else to be honest…. it’s just rumour after rumour etc etc ??

gail louisa bailey

Posted at 8:49 PM on February 22, 2014

You Know Micky you are an Idiot or just plain stupid because no body just leave a good movie career if there isn’t a very good reason . What are a woman beater is that why you want to defend him so much…

tyler714

Posted at 9:48 AM on August 29, 2013

Use to love Steven Seagal until I read about him yesterday. This man is so evil! I really hate him today and forever. What an abusive perverted, lying, MOFO!!!!

DAMN!

Posted at 3:52 PM on August 29, 2013

@tyler714
Don’t like stars for their personal BS. Like them for their work.
They are human and should not be put on a pedestal because of the characters they portray on film.
I think of celebs as regular people who work making movies.
if I like the movie, I’ll go see it, but not because they’re in it.
as long as a celeb I like isn’t out there killing people, it’s best not to think of them as more then what they are. Humans with faults.
I like Michael Jordan for his skills on the the basketball court, but that guy is an @$$hole!
Just keep it real and think of these peole as human and we’ll all be much better off.

micky

Posted at 1:31 PM on September 1, 2013

practice what you preach then yes HUMAN just like steven seagal ?

micky

Posted at 1:26 PM on September 1, 2013

why is steven seagal evil what’s he suppost to have done nothing at all just rumour lies ?

Sally Fitzgerald

Posted at 3:54 PM on September 29, 2013

To be honest i don’t think Steven is an angel but who is?, but writing a book and trying to get attention after all these year’s is ridiculous, it’s got to be money as well, I’ve been through a bad relationship and yes it did affect me big time, so much so that i became a self defense instructor for women, but i didn’t write a book about the guy, because hasn’t anyone noticed anything Steven Seagal hasn’t wrote a book on any of his past wives, he has kept everything private so why doesn’t Kelly do the same, and carry on with her life, let it go!