‘Degrassi’ Shocker: Adam’s Fate Revealed In Emotional Episode

Fri, August 16, 2013 12:47pm EDT by 20 Comments
Degrassi Adam Dies
Courtesy of Teen Nick

Warning: Stop reading if you haven’t seen the Aug. 15 episode of ‘Degrassi!’

When Adam (Jordan Todosey) crashed into a tree in the final moments of Degrassi‘s Aug. 8 episode, I’m sure we all had similar thoughts, ranging from “He’ll be fine” to “Maybe he’ll have a broken leg.” But no one could have predicted just how serious this accident would be — nor the weight of the message it would carry.

On the Aug. 15 episode, we learned that Adam, in fact, died from his head-on collision with the tree.

The following is a statement released by Linda SchuylerDegrassi‘s executive producer and co-creator, discussing Adam’s legacy:

Adam Torres has been one of the most important characters we have ever featured, and Jordan Todosey brought him to life brilliantly. This year, the creative team was presented with the challenge of telling a realistic story about the deadly consequences of texting and driving. The combination of Adam being a favourite character, and Jordan being at the end of her contract, presented a unique opportunity to tell this story though such a beloved character. As saddened as we are to say goodbye to Adam, we feel this storyline will now affect even more lives in an authentic way.

As of right now (12:30 p.m. ET), Jordan has yet to address the episode on Twitter — she actually hasn’t tweeted since Aug. 10 — but I have no doubt it was an emotional journey for her.

What Jordan Won’t Miss About Playing Adam

There’s one possible upside to Adam’s death, though: Jordan can finally grow out her hair again! HollywoodLife.com was on the Degrassi set back in 2011 for the dance-shooting episode — Adam’s first brush with death, come to think of it — and Jordan told us her transformation into “Adam” isn’t as smooth as it looks:

I love short hairstyles on girls. You know, Emma Watson cut her hair, and when I see people with short hair, I’m like, ‘Yeah, I love that!’ But I think the main problem, for me at least, is the fact that it’s not me. … It’s definitely not something I would personally do.

So I guess we should expect to see Jordan with long hair in the future. Very long hair.

WATCH: Jordan Todosey Visits HollywoodLife.com

HollywoodLifers, how are you feeling about Adam’s death? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

— Andy Swift

More ‘Degrassi’ News:

1. ‘Degrassi’ Season 13: Munro Chambers & Luke Bilyk Tease ‘Intense Plot Twist’
  2. Fefe Dobson Rocks ‘Degrassi’ Season Premiere — First Look
  3. ‘Degrassi’ Season Premiere Clip: Zoe Meets Maya, A Feud Is Born

7Daystodie.com

Posted at 12:39 AM on June 7, 2014

I do not even know the way I stopped up here, but I thought this submit used to be great.
I don’t now who you might bbe however certainly you are
going to a well-known blogger when you are not already.
Cheers!

fé kashn oudh létime za

Posted at 3:59 PM on January 16, 2014

Bonjour, mademoiselle Vanderpute-Stanik javeh (spoon).
Au jour d’aujourd’hui heureux et prospère anniversaire pour vingt-deux larmes au reflet de la lune à la face des eaux couvrent l’ivoire de Cybèle au seuil magenta de l’éveil, brille de richesse dans la clareté de l’astre.
“Par le sang comme au delà des murs vers l’humanité à jamais, l’espérance demeure une colonne de ce fait dans l’aura du jour.” Les cèpes du désert, salutations à monsieur Kahil arnolh.
“Rosabaya sera la douceur mais jamais la bonté sinon plutôt le futur élève son regard vers une fourmi, explore un autre combat pour peu” Hum, salutations à monsieur Binour Dajir.
Adieu monde gentil…(bien sûr la main sur le front vers là-bas)

Shania Cook

Posted at 5:17 PM on December 29, 2013

i couldnt believe adam would do something like this. like wheni saw it on the 8th of august i cried my eyes out im still crying now

Shania Cook

Posted at 5:21 PM on December 29, 2013

i know how u feel tho it was his idea to text and drive so you can thank Becky for that little incident altho she shouldnt have been so rude to him

sac louis vuitton

Posted at 4:46 AM on November 25, 2013

and the powerful forward will spend the whole of the coming season with the Trotters. The world No 1 raised his game under the roof with a display of fearless hitting to win 4-6 6-3 7-5 in two hours and 34 minutes.”The Serb admitted he could not live with the Scot in the first set. was jailed for life two months later. The Pope was unhurt. But the long wait seems to have only got fans more eager after tickets for next year’s Glastonbury Festival have sold out in record time.”There will be a resale of any cancelled tickets,The source said: She would like him to let her move on.In an interview with Access ? like the Vauxhall Zafira.

Frets

Posted at 11:48 AM on November 18, 2013

I can’t believe Adam died I cried my eyes out. I feel like I personally know tees characters and when they get killed off or leave it’s just so upsetting. Rip Adam I’m going to miss you so much

Shania Cook

Posted at 5:18 PM on December 29, 2013

i love how you have the audacity to say so much from ur heart you are his number one fan

RIPAdam

Posted at 7:00 PM on October 16, 2013

Adam’s death made more of an impact about the dangers of texting and driving than all of those commercials combined. I balled my eyes out when I realized he didn’t survive but then the next episode watching Drew try and deal and everyone make some sense hit me worse. All I can think is why Adam of all characters…

Becca

Posted at 1:00 AM on November 15, 2013

Her contract ended… And it was the best worst excuse to end his time on the show. Considering the texting and driving rate I think it was portrayed exceptional.

Starfire

Posted at 11:36 AM on October 15, 2013

ADAM IS/WAS MY FAV CHARACTER IM CRYING MY EYES OUT RIGHT NOW OF ALL PEOPLE WHY ADAM!? WHY NOT ALLI? SHES GONE THROUGH FIVE BOY FRIENDS IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS

Jess

Posted at 2:18 AM on October 5, 2013

I cried so much.. I never felt so heart broken. I always think to myself “Why do my favroite characters always end up dying..” I’m still hurt and sad..

RIP Adam.

tstar

Posted at 8:11 PM on August 23, 2013

they could have renew her contract. I feel Adam’s story needed to be more developed.

Mia

Posted at 12:08 AM on August 23, 2013

When I was first aware that Adam didn’t survive, I was sad, but the full impact hadn’t hit me. After seeing today’s episode, tears streamed down my face, seeing how everyone was affected. Show or not, Adam is still dead and lives in our minds. R.I.P Adam

Adriana

Posted at 9:36 PM on August 22, 2013

I couldn’t stop crying I burst ed into tears my favorite character besides Eli ever just died I can’t even ugh I feel like a close friend died I’m just so depressed

Kiki

Posted at 9:27 PM on August 22, 2013

I crieeeeed and I’ve never cried over a tv show or movie before…that’s how much I love degrading and all the characters!

daveshia lanard

Posted at 9:42 PM on January 5, 2014

This is some crazy and sad stuff

lovatofanatic

Posted at 11:35 PM on August 18, 2013

I literally started balling I had no idea ! I thought the worst he would be in te hospital for awhile or he would be like paralyzed ….. I’m just so sad ……:(

Briana

Posted at 9:30 PM on August 18, 2013

That’s so sad

Kim

Posted at 8:58 PM on August 17, 2013

It’s a sad time and will be missed

jenny

Posted at 11:31 AM on September 7, 2013

i just sawing how adam died and stuff made me sad and couldn’t stop crying :c we will miss u D: