Darren Young Announces He’s Gay: WWE Superstars React

Fri, August 16, 2013 12:25pm EDT by 9 Comments
Darren Young Gay
SplashNews, Courtesy Of Twitter

Darren became the first professional wrestler in the sport’s history to come out of the closet, when he announced that he’s gay on August 14. According to fellow WWE Superstars, Darren is ‘a hero.’ How inspiring!

Darren Young, who has been a pro wrestling star since 2005, announced that he was gay on August 14. Considering that Darren is the first professional wrestler in the sport’s history to come out of the closet, it’s heartwarming to know that his colleagues fully support him!

Darren Young Is Gay — WWE Superstars React To His Surprising Admission

WWE Superstars and Divas spoke exclusively to HollywoodLife.com on August 15:

Stone Cold Steve Austin:

I think its a great thing! He isn’t the first gay wrestler, he is just the first gay wrestler to come out. That has lifted a burden off his shoulders as his lifestyle goes and allows him more freedom and I think it’s the best thing in the world. If it inspires more people within the WWE or all walks of life or other sports then more power to them.

Natalya:

Darren Young is a hero! He is a good friend of mine, but a hero to the WWE. He is not afraid to say who he is or embrace change. This is who he is, and that is the great thing about the WWE, we are at the cutting edge of what is now! We are a big family in the WWE, and for him to come out it is historical and monumental.

Triple H:

I’m not only proud and support him, but I am proud that our complete locker room has jumped by his side and have supported him and is happy for him is great!

Randy Orton:

I had no idea, I don’t think many had any idea, not even his tag team partner. But the fact that he was able to do that, I am so glad, it just feels like it was meant to be. I think it was awesome, because whatever he had to deal with personally and for him to say it, now it’s there and he can’t take it back.

We’re so happy to hear that Darren’s sexual orientation is fully supported in the wrestling world! We hope his decision to come out will inspire others to do the same.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: Darren Young Challenges Matt Striker

TMZ

— Chris Rogers, Reporting by Russ Weakland

More Celebs Come Out:

1. Raven-Symone Comes Out — She’s Grateful She Can ‘Finally Get Married’
  2. Charice Comes Out: ‘Yes, I’m A Lesbian’
  3. Queen Latifah Comes Out As A Lesbian

louie lou

Posted at 11:28 PM on January 15, 2014

so what he is gay n proud to say it ,n to those who trash him ethier ur low down dirt r have gay feelings urself n r to girly to say iy…GO DARREN GO

Paulo

Posted at 3:27 AM on August 20, 2013

I will never buy wwe universe again. Rubish. U guys are on ur way to failure.

Lisa 7

Posted at 4:06 PM on August 18, 2013

I’m so very proud of him. My son is gay. I still have not come to terms with it ,completely, but I love him and support him just the same. It’s a tough step to take. They are people just like us. They have feelings, just like us. My son has a great soul, a good personality, and is the best man EVER! (plus being handsome as hell doesn’t hurt) support is all he needs. If you can’t support him, SAY NOTHING!

mondy uk

Posted at 2:13 PM on August 16, 2013

Now him & his boyfriend will be just alrofht of cousre people will talk trash about him

Kim

Posted at 1:39 PM on August 16, 2013

Ignorant, Ignorant people everywhere … for example all the people who wrote those nasty comments below…. Let the guy live his life… It’s your life NO! … So why should you care if he comes out or not… He deserves to be happy…

Vick

Posted at 1:18 PM on August 16, 2013

Those of u supporting this black anus fool are in to it and one by one u’ll all come out and slowly u lost all ur fans idiots. Not funny atall

shay

Posted at 12:56 PM on December 14, 2013

u wrong many people support him some of those people are wwe fans like myself

Lilian

Posted at 1:10 PM on August 16, 2013

Never gonna watch WWE again maybe all u guys stick dicks in ur anus in the ring. Rubbish

abe

Posted at 12:37 PM on August 16, 2013

very rare: Dirty Black Trash!!