Cote De Pablo Offered ‘A Lot Of Money’ By CBS To Stay On ‘NCIS’

Wed, July 31, 2013 4:02pm EDT by 15 Comments
Cote De Pablo Leaving NCIS
Bauer-Griffin, Courtesy Of CBS

Cote shocked everyone when she announced she was leaving her beloved character behind on ‘NCIS’ after eight years, however, CBS went to great lengths to get the actress to stay!

Cote de Pablo, who plays fan favorite agent Ziva David on the hit show NCIS, announced she was leaving the show after eight years on July 10. CBS must be aware of Cote’s popularity on the network’s most-watched show because she was offered more money to stay!

Cote De Pablo Leaving NCIS — Offered A Lot More Money To Stay

NCIS is sure going to have to change things up next season after the shocking departure of Cote. The network tried hard to keep Cote on the show, but to no avail. At the Television Critics Association executive session on July 29, HollywoodLife.com’s sister site Deadline reported that CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said: “We offered Cote de Pablo a lot of money — and then we offered even more money,” Leslie explained. “We didn’t want to lose her.”

To all you Ziva fans out there, Leslie also said, “We did everything possible to keep her — she ultimately decided she didn’t want to do the show”.

Cote Looks Forward To Completing Ziva’s Story

In her initial statement regarding her departure, Cote said, “I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.” CBS released a statement confirming Cote’s departure and eased the worried minds of all the Ziva fans out there about her exit.

We respect Cote’s decision, thank her for being an important part of the NCIS team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the NCIS audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva’s story.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Cote should have stayed on NCIS? Let us know!

WATCH: Cote De Pablo’s Best Moments On ‘NCIS’

– Avery Thompson

More Shocking Cast Departures:

1. ‘Ravenswood’ Scoop: Tyler Blackburn Joins ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spin-Off
  2. ‘Teen Wolf’ Shocker: Colton Haynes Not Returning For Season 3
  3. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Shocker: Eric Dane Announces His Departure

louise

Posted at 10:32 AM on October 14, 2013

kate was a horrible character glad they got rid of her, next up abbey, ducky, tony and gibbs. all horrible characters.

Maria

Posted at 3:35 PM on October 3, 2013

I think NCIS has lost a character that kept its viewers tuning in week after week.. I hope Cote de Pablo doesn’t disappear completely, I think she’s a great actress!

Vera Thomas

Posted at 12:47 PM on September 26, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE ZIVA, WISH SHE WOULD STAY. WHO WILL TAKE HER PLACE? PLEASE PLEASE DON’T DISCONTINUE NCIS, I HAVE A PICTURE IN MY OFFICE.

A HUGE FAN

Free Download

Posted at 5:03 AM on September 2, 2013

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

ML

Posted at 12:21 PM on August 16, 2013

This 60 plus “old women” was really disappointed when I heard Cote was leaving. It’s one of three show I tape and my favorite. I hope the chemistry stays the same but I don’t really see how it can. She will be missed. Our lives lead us thru many paths, I pray this is a good one for her and wish her well in all she does. I will continue watching its a great show they are all my “favorite characters”.

Ilo Nelson

Posted at 2:05 AM on August 4, 2013

Will really miss Cote. She had great chemistry with the other actors on the show. I hope they do an exit that leaves an opening for her to come back in the future if she wants to. I wish her luck in what ever she decides to do.

PAT HALE

Posted at 12:58 AM on August 27, 2013

CANT BELIEVE SHE IS LEAVING THE SHOW! IT WONT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HER BUT I HOPE U R RIGHT & THEY EXIT HERE WITH A CHANCE OF RETURN SHOULD SHE DECIDE TO RETURN! LOVE U COTE

Jake

Posted at 7:45 PM on August 3, 2013

It is seen time and time again, actors and actresses leave their shows for what they think will be offers coming in like rain. Problem is, many times the phone doesn’t ring. What ends up happening is the original show replaces them and the phone does not ring. Everybody loses. I am sad for everyone from NCIS to viewers. I hope she is successful in whatever she does.

kristen

Posted at 8:23 AM on August 1, 2013

She neeeeeeds to stay!!!!

Emily

Posted at 5:54 AM on August 1, 2013

Man, I wish she’d stayed. I understand why she chose to leave, but the reason NCIS is such a good show is because the cast works so well together, it won’t be the same without her.

Liz

Posted at 1:33 AM on August 1, 2013

I have never enjoyed a “replacement” character in a show as overwhelming as Ziva in NCIS, however, it is her decision and I wish her the very best. Cote has an amazing future ahead.

jake

Posted at 7:40 PM on July 31, 2013

She looks exquisite in that black dress!

Me.

Posted at 5:15 PM on July 31, 2013

Love her! So proud of her! VIVA CHILE!

Denise

Posted at 4:21 PM on July 31, 2013

C What people do for money.

David Allen

Posted at 3:18 AM on August 20, 2013

She killed it during her stay at NCIS. Really hate to see her go but sometimes its always better to move forward