Jackie Hance & Husband Plotted Murder Pact To See Dead Daughters

Wed, May 29, 2013 12:41pm EST by 7 Comments
Jackie Hance Suicide
Courtesy of ABC

The devastated mom, whose three daughters were killed when her drunk sister-in-law Diane Schuler crashed her minivan on the Taconic State Parkway, revealed the desperate way she and her husband coped with the horrific tragedy.

Jackie Hance lived an inimaginable nightmare on July 26, 2009, when her three daughters, Emma, 8, Alyson, 7, and Katie, 5, were tragically killed by her sister-in-law Diane Schuler. The resilient mom revealed on The View on May 29 that she and her husband Warren Hace had considered murder and suicide to deal with their endless grief.

Jackie Hance Reveals: I Wanted My Husband Or Me To Be With Our Girls

Jackie said that even though she and her family are incredibly religious, she had thought about murder or suicide with her husband to reunite with their dead daughters.

“I just wanted one of us to be with the girls, and I didn’t care who was there, me or him, if I had to kill him, or if he had  to kill me, I just wanted one of us to be there,” she said.

Jackie Hance: How I Forgave Diane Schuler For Killing My Daughters

Even though Jackie said it was the hardest thing in her life to forgive her sister-in-law — and often ended up taking out her anger and hatred on her own husband — she needed to forgive in order to truly love her new baby girl Kacey, 18 months.

“It was something I had to do because Kasey came along and I realized I wasn’t loving her the way I was loving the girls because I had this hatred in me so I had to let it go and it order to do that I had to forgive Diane,” she candidly revealed.

Jackie also reveals the details of her family tragedy, and the heartbreak and struggle to move on in her new book I’ll See You Again.

Such a tragic situation. Our thoughts continue to be with Jackie and Warren as they continue to heal from their horrific loss.

What do YOU think of what Jackie said about the murder-suicide plot, HollyMoms?

ABC

More On The Taconic State Parkway Tragedy:

1. Mom Of 3 Girls Killed By Aunt In Car Crash Shares Struggle To Go On
  2. Mom Who Lost 3 Daughters In Taconic Crash Suing Diane Schuler’s Estate: My Little Girls Died In Terror!
  3. Husband of Taconic Parkway Crash’s Diane Schuler Sues Brother-In-Law Who Lost His Three Daughters!

Bumblebee

Posted at 11:42 AM on May 24, 2014

I really appreciate Jackie’s very open honesty of the emotional turmoil one goes through after a super tragedy. I’ve been reading her book — “I’ll See you Again” — and I was struck with her upfrontness with the incredible toll she actually went through, even to the place of amnesia. Now that’s extreme emotional pressure. I think people need to know information like this. I know I have been through tremendous emotional pressures myself and know of others going through and there is such a stigma — hands off attitude — with so many tremendously hurting and needy people which will actually serve to make the pressure worse. Also tremendously happy to know that Jackie actually had tremendous support of those around her. I think that is unusual from what I have experienced in life and probably why Jackie has been able to publicly display such strength and openness about her struggle and tell it like it really was. It’s somewhat like reading the Book of Job in scripture. How to handle the unexpected tragedies of life is always going to be an essential part of how we will fare on this life’s journey. Thank you, thank you for sharing!

amy lasota

Posted at 1:22 PM on June 25, 2013

hello my name is amy lasota I live in midland mi and I am 32 yrs old. my life changed on febuary 20 2013 as it became the worst day of my life, I woke up at around 7:00 am that was the usual time I woke up because my 12 year old daughter leaves for school and always tells me goodbye.i told her have a good day at school she said I love you and was off to school.i proceeded to get up and start the day because I also had a 5 year old boy named Dylan that needed to get up for school.usually I can hear him yelling and laughing but I didn’t hear anything, Dylan had cerebral palsey and could not walk or talk but he was always happy, laughing and just a joy to be around. I found out there was something wrong with Dylan when he was about 9 months old, I could always tell something wasn’t right because he just didn’t do what normal babies did at his age. when he was 9 months old I was sitting on the couch and he started moving his head back and forth but it didn’t look right and he did this for about 5 minutes, I took him to u of m hospital and that’s when I found out he was having seizures and the back of his brain was damaged. the doctor told me it most likely happened when I was pregnant but we never really knew for sure. after that it was theorapy, surgeries doctors appts,, you name it. Dylan never walked or talked but like I said was laughing and just happy all the time clapping and rocking, he loved to rock I his chair. on febuary 16 2013 I took Dylan to the er because he was just crying and wouldn’t stop, the dr came in and said oh just a earache and gave us antibiotics and left. 3 days later I went in his room to get him up for school ad he was dead. my life changed forever that day, I feel like I am lost in this world now i am so depressed, sad, angry and just lost without my son. my mother gave me the book I will see you again by Jackie hance on dylans birthday june 2, that book helped me understand that I am not alone and there are other mothers who also lose children and have the same pain. I would just like to thank Jackie for helping me threw a tough time in my life and tell her I am truly sorry for her loss. her book was wonderful and I wish her happiness with her new beautiful daughter. thank you

pearl necklace accessories

Posted at 6:51 AM on June 17, 2013

Unzip the zipper and decide on the material you’ll use for the rest of the necklace. Repeat this pattern with the middle length next, then the longest length last. The style of fashion at Urban Ecologie is very hip and modern.

Tonya

Posted at 4:00 PM on May 29, 2013

I cried just reading this, I know the pain of losing a loved one. Know that you will see your girls one day. May your God keep his arms around you and your husband.

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 1:04 PM on May 29, 2013

I’d also like to know how the sister-in-law’s son is doing. Wasn’t he the only survivor?

cindy

Posted at 12:53 PM on May 29, 2013

Courage!

Bernadette Roth

Posted at 1:25 PM on November 10, 2014

Your sister law has met her maker, I’m sure she is in hell where she belongs. I’m sorry for being so blunt, but I truly believe this to be true. I just saw the documentary on HBO, it broke my heart. I lost my son recently to suicide, it’s not them same as your experience, but when you lose a child, your life is never the same. God Bless you both, only he can show you the light to go on. I have not found 100% percent forgiveness yet ( for his ex- girlfriend, and friends who won’t tell me the complete story), I pray I will one day before I die I will know the truth.

Love and Light,