‘Smash’ Series Finale Recap: Babies, Handcuffs & Twists At The Tonys

Mon, May 27, 2013 2:41am EDT by 18 Comments
Smash Series Finale
Courtesy of NBC

test3

Posted at 5:10 PM on June 8, 2014

I’m not sure exactly why but this website is loading incredibly slow
for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end?
I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

cynthia

Posted at 4:45 PM on May 28, 2013

smash was the biggest hit, I hope they have a spin off

Susan Tolchin

Posted at 11:25 AM on May 28, 2013

Loved Smash and I am so disappointed that it was cancelled. I felt like I was watching a Broadway Show every week.Sousaphone

Bev Bond

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 27, 2013

I have really enjoyed SMASH an wonder why it will be discontinued ?

denyse M

Posted at 11:33 AM on May 27, 2013

I think the writer went wrong and send the wrong message. Letting somoene who would do anything to get where she wants
regardless of who is on her way instead of someone with integrety and much more talented who wouldn’t do harm to anyone

Marie

Posted at 2:05 PM on May 27, 2013

Agree!

Sarah Wang

Posted at 8:03 PM on May 31, 2013

so true

Ks

Posted at 11:09 AM on May 27, 2013

I want to thank the Smash production for what I thought was a fantastic ending. I truly appreciate the fact that they did not leave us hanging, but tied it all up and put a little bow on it for us with a big finish. I thought the entire cast “Under Pressure” was one of the many high points. Thank you Smash for intruducing me to Megan Hilty, Jack Davenport and Christian Boyle. Thank you for including greats like Bernadette Peters, Anjelica Houston and Debra Messing. Thank you for bringing us Broadway every week.

MArie

Posted at 10:24 AM on May 27, 2013

It was predictable, slow, the whole second season was a mess. I’m glad Julia went back to Michael but “Ivy” the brat who always got her way and manipulated everyone to do so….. and Dereck? As the brit would say “Oh come on”…… it would have been much more real if he straightened up and came to do the right thing because of his feeling for Karen. That line, late int he show, where Karen says to Ivy “Go talk to him b/c you’re the only one who gets through to him” was a huge red flag of dishonesty on the part of the writers. ALL THROUGH BOTH SEASONS it was KAREN’S impact on Dereck that got Dereck to change IN FACT The only reason he slept with Daisy to begin with is because KAREN turned him down. Now THAT would have been interesting if Karen woke up from always being drag to “little” immature boys and fell for a man. Ivy – he first love and perhaps only love is theater – it should have stayed that way.

Marie

Posted at 10:26 AM on May 27, 2013

need an edit key :-) draw (not drag)… It would have made more sense if Dereck and KAren were the couple at the end – they were honest friends through out – better role models too.

Sarah

Posted at 4:42 PM on May 27, 2013

“The only reason he slept with Daisy to begin with is because KAREN turned him down.”

Actually, no. Ivy turned him down on Bombshell’s opening night – and then he walked out of the party and bumped into Daisy on the street.

Sarah Wang

Posted at 8:03 PM on May 31, 2013

You are so right…oh how I wish…

C

Posted at 10:22 AM on May 27, 2013

“Tom (Christian Borle) didn’t win Best Director…”
We don’t know that. That award was never announced.

John

Posted at 11:11 AM on May 27, 2013

Well, yes, we sort of do. At the end we saw Tom at home staring at a single Tony (for his score). Had he won director, I presume we would have seen him with two.

Shay

Posted at 10:15 AM on May 27, 2013

I will miss seeing Megan Hilty on this show. She is extremely talented. It’s too bad the new show runner had to ruin it.

abe

Posted at 9:41 AM on May 27, 2013

handcuffs?
well, some people like “Rough Sex”.

Den

Posted at 9:14 AM on May 27, 2013

I’m really sad that I won’t be able to see these talented people together in another season. I hope another network picks it up. SMASH has a really BIG potential.

SharonWebb (@SharonWeb5)

Posted at 7:27 AM on May 27, 2013

as Theresa responded I didn’t even know that a stay at home mom can get paid $9521 in four weeks on the computer. did you read this link… up444.c­om