Life in Mystic Falls will look very different next season! Get your first look at what’s to come for Elena and the Salvatores.
The CW officially unveiled its new programming May 16 during the network’s Upfront presentation, and while The Vampire Diaries is hardly a new series, we did get a taste of what’s to come when the show returns for its fifth season this fall — and yes, it’s “shocking!”
‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5: Three Big Spoilers
1. “Some” of the characters will be going to college, the network confirms, leaving Matt’s (Zach Roerig) educational future in question. Did he fail those classes?!
2. We’ll see “a newly cured vampire trying to survive as a human.” We’ll find out who that is on tonight’s season finale, but for now, any guesses?
3. And last but not least, there’s a “shocking Salvatore secret” that will likely come out during the finale, and greatly affect what goes down in season five.
Official Description For ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5
Here’s The CW’s full description for the show — what we’ve seen, and what’s to come:
In the tumultuous fourth season of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, the world of Mystic Falls was turned upside down when the beautiful and compassionate Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) came face-to-face with her worst nightmare – life as a vampire. While Elena struggled to control her new powers and the overwhelming thirst for blood, the astonishing news that a cure for vampirism may actually exist reached Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) Salvatore, the two vampire brothers who love her. Their search for the cure leads the brothers, along with Elena’s brother Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and her best friends Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline (Candice Accola), to a horrifying confrontation with the ancient and all-powerful immortal, Silas, who has been entombed with the cure for more than 2,000 years. But Elena isn’t the only vampire who longs to return to life as a human, and the question of who will take the cure is resolved in the heart-stopping season finale, along with moments of unexpected joy, unspeakable sorrow, and a confession of true love. The series heads into its fifth season with some characters headed off to college, a newly cured vampire trying to survive as a human, and a shocking Salvatore secret.
HollywoodLifers, any season-five predictions? Who will take the cure? And what ‘shocking Salvatore secret’ is about to come out? Drop a comment with your theories below!
— Andy Swift
More ‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop:
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Bonnie Drops The Veil & A Sacrifice Is Made
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale: Nina Dobrev Previews Elena’s Choice
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Candice Accola Previews Klaus & Caroline’s Goodbye