‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Elena ‘Lashes Out’ At Prom With Damon & Stefan

Wed, March 27, 2013 9:14pm EDT by 38 Comments
Vampire Diaries Spoiler Prom
Courtesy of The CW

Sarah Jane

Posted at 3:19 AM on April 16, 2013

I must say I agree with most of the comments here that season 4 has gone downhill and the plotlines have become way less plausible (in the world of the supernatural) than seasons 1-3 and the love story between Damon and Elena has been ruined. They shared so many beautiful moments (even when they were fighting, she hated him, Damon was hanging onto his humanity by a thread) and now if they ever do get back together it will feel forced after everything that has happened. The writers have ruined it and if they aren’t able to steer things back on course by the end of the 4th season, I doubt I will stick around for a 5th.

Cathleen

Posted at 10:57 PM on April 12, 2013

I’ve noticed that Plec’s during interviews tend to say things that she knew would pleased the fans. But not all of what she said is true. For instance, when the sire bond was introduced, a lot of fans said that Delena is doomed. Plec though said that “There is more hope for Delena.” But did you see any glimmer of hope for them since episode 8. None. And now that Elena’s humanity is off, even if she will get her humanity back, Delena is certainly dead. The Delena ship has sunk at the bottom of the sea even before it started to sail and there is no way of salvaging it anymore. What a pessimistic view but true.

Plec does not want to depart with the love triangle as the main focus of the show. So she does not want to give finality to Elena’s relationship with either Stefan or Damon. She shuffles Elena between the Salvatores like a deck of cards. How pitiful. The actors who portrayed Stefan and Damon roles are great actors who should have better storylines than just simply a protector of a girl whose character is really mediocre and bicker all the time of how they gonna protect her. This story is too shallow. It is certainly a great let down, that TVD writers especially Plec cannot think of better plot to write.

louise

Posted at 2:55 PM on April 13, 2013

i so agree. i was delena with all my heart ! from day one, the first season had point, but know i think ever episode recently is the exact same, just some changes in what they do.. I love damon but his character + stefans is only about Elena, it wasn’t like that in the beginning. i really dont give a crap who Elenas with anymore but i tired of the love triangle, you cant build a show on seasons about the same thing its boring..! Elena was in season three and two selfish and stupid. know shes a …. have no words..

Elijah-fan

Posted at 2:29 PM on April 6, 2013

I am so tired of the hypocrisy in season 4. I mean Caroline killed 12 witches, who tried to stop Silas and she thinks Klaus is the bad guy (very arrogant)? And whats up with the Originals??? Elena and Jeremy killed Kol and Klaus swears to kill them all and in the next episodes he apparently has just forgotton all about it and klaus or Rebekah could not bother to pick up the phone to tell Elijah because there is no other explanation for Elijah’s behaviour towards Elena in 4×18. And season 4 has no real bad guy. I mean everyone was afraid of Klaus, Elijah etc. but Silas is a joke!!!! The guy is just sitting around messing with Bonnie. I loved season 1 – 3, but I am so disappointed with season 4. I can’t take Elena any more. I didnt really like her before but now she is just unbearable! Somebody just kill her, please! And tell Stefan and Damon to get a life, its not all about Elena. I mean if they hadn’t looked for the cure, many lifes could have been saved but no… Elena is more important. She is not the good innocent girl, she killed Kol to save herself, don’t kid yourselves. She had a choice, just like Klaus sad, a trap may be, but she chose to kill an entire bloodline to get what she wants! That is whats really sad. All the characters had a set of morals in the first three seasons, good and bad, but everybody is now just trying to help elena I am so sick of it. I cant wait for the spin off and i hope elena gets killed of but I like Elijah and Katherine together!

Mandalynca

Posted at 7:37 PM on April 2, 2013

I just get so fed up with how lazy the writers are now; they forget the backstory, played out the triangle by bringing in the awful sire bond and just keep having Damon get shafted by Elena again and again. I always found Stefan boring as a character when he was with Elena so I was never a fan of their relationship. The push/pull elements of Damon and Elena shoud have been used much more effectively but JP seems to have a perverse delight in building them up as a couple and then just putting in obstacles to keep them apart. It’s getting old now. They brought in another horrible triangle with Klaus/Caroline/Tyler. I started reading TVD stories on fanfiction.net and some of the writers there care more about these characters than the actual show producers. There is one sire bond story that illustrates how this could have been handled so much better. I will still watch the show, but I get much more satisfaction from reading some of these stories that give me the plot direction that I would like to see.

Amber LS

Posted at 2:33 PM on April 6, 2013

can you post links to your favorites? Thanks!

louise

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 13, 2013

i so agree.

katie

Posted at 12:08 PM on April 1, 2013

@jessie…. ummm damon has been at every dance so far thru-out the show, if you haven’t noticed. not because he goes with elena, but he goes because of all the evil plans about to go down. he was there and helped save everyone each time. ie..when he convinced everyone that bonnie died to save her… that happened at a dance. ughh.. don’t tell me damon doesnt go to dances because its not his thing…it may not be but he goes to make sure nothing happens to the people/person he cares for.

Hermione

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 31, 2013

Klaus should have been eliminated by now. The writers messed up just because they wanted to keep Joseph in the series?! I have to disagree with all the fans who believe Klaroline is great. Well guys wake up! It’s pointless! It was pointless from the begining and it ends up like that: Klaus leaving Mystic Falls (cause of the Originals’ spinoff) and Caroline staying alone (at least for the following summer :P). So, my guess, the writers tried to keep mr. Morgan to the show more than they planned, they actually TRIED to make sth interesting, to manage to keep him in (the Klaroline thing), but in the end, they failed (well…. duuuuh). They cannot just turn the worst and most evil original vampire into a caring and sweety lover, because that would be absurd!!! It’s like you have hope that sb will live, while you keep the medical diagnosis in ur hands which says “the guy is going to die in 3 days, and there’s nothing you can do about that and you KNOW it!” Plus, they made the character so undefeatable, that they even made theiselves confused. At the moment, we don’t even know why the Originals are still on the show. I mean, they were supposed to have agendas, plans.. they were the evil side of the series… well apart from Rebekka’s will to take the cure, I don’t see any other plan. And they sure don’t have the scepter of the Evil side anymore…. Silas took it!! Finally, the writers have realised that, (it’s too late sweeties..). Because now they want the Originals gone SO DESPERATELY, that they just make them leave Mystic Falls?? Just like that?! Is it like saying “BB guys, thanks for keeping us entertained, thanks for letting us damage ur lives, but we got bored now that Elena is a vampire, and there’s no one else important left human to kill him or turn him into a vampire, so we think it’s time to migrate elsewhere to spread disaster”…?O.o So, even their departure makes no sense (at least for now…) Sorry for the sarcastic presentation of my thoughts, but if you remove it, you get a very logical and reasonable opinion.

christina

Posted at 9:59 AM on March 31, 2013

I think this is the worst season i need to add that klaroline makes it a lot better. I think without them it would be a disaster. I really believe that they should have been the main characters in the first place. I am really tired of elena. She does not know what she wants. I really find her an immature foolish girl who is unable of understanding her feelings. All in all klaroline should end up together and give this season what it needs to become unmemorable.

Corey

Posted at 3:16 PM on April 13, 2013

Well it ain’t gonna happen because Klaroline makes no sense along with the fact that I just found out that Klaus will get a new love interest in the new spin-off.I forget her name but it isn’t Hayley.Plus if you’d wake up & smell the coffee(who came up with that saying?),you’d realize that keeping Klaus on for another season is one of the reasons why this season is the worst season.Along with the fact that they came up with all of these new characters but yet all but Hayley were either useless,boring or both,Klaus is no longer needed for the show.They should’ve killed him off in the end of season 3.That way season 3 would’ve been booked great from beginning to end and we would’ve had a better season 4.BTW Caroline isn’t the foolish girl who doesn’t understand her feelings.That’s Elena who will be in love with two guys until the show ends.Caroline already knows she loves Tyler.

KD

Posted at 6:34 AM on March 31, 2013

People do realize that this show is about blood sucking vampires? I just wonder sometimes when I read stuff along the lines of…. perfect, loving and caring.
I too am hanging out for a little break after this season. I miss old sire free DE, Alaric and Jeremy. It’s kind of frustrating, the recycled triangle has been done to death. And quite honestly, the fandom is poisonous and it’s only getting worse as the show continues.

Eloise

Posted at 12:26 AM on March 29, 2013

Season 4 really misses the perfect ingredient. Something just does not work and I am not getting hooked in the way I was with previous seasons. Too many disparate plot lines and lack of ‘real’ connection ever since the sire bond story line. Disappointing. Hope producers and writers find their way back to the great show it used to be!

Anna

Posted at 3:57 PM on March 28, 2013

I can’t wait to see Elena lashing out. I applaud JP for trying to make these fictional characters as realistic as possible when it comes to their emotions. Like it or not, Elena wasn’t/isn’t a goddess. I am sick and tired of the brothers (it’s the same thing for Klaus) looking for somebody pure and perfect to look up to and save them from their guilt, bad ways. It is so corny this whole “bad boys looking for a nice girl to save them” routine.

No one is deemed saint while still living on Earth and VampElena is just proving that. Some might say it isn’t Elena because she turned her humanity off: it definitely is Elena. The only difference is that she doesn’t bottle things up anymore and I for one, find her extremely human this way. I don’t know if she’s gonna get that cure or turn her humanity off but I really hope I won’t ever be watching that supposedly über-perfect girl who never gets mad at her meddling GF, who always forgives everyone, who tries to please everyone…

There is no way someone on earth would have gone through all the losses she had and not snap at one point. Some people might want to have a talk with people who lost all their family in tragedies or see their loves ones killed in front of them by armed groups. You might be calm, even numb, giving the impression of taking everything in a stride but you’re boiling inside. Elena has been boiling inside for 4 seasons now: time to see the volcano erupt!

Kudos to the writers for making this show more than another silly teen dark fairy tale where everything is black or white and every character has one of these very distinctive definitive labels: GOOD, BAD or EVIL!

arya

Posted at 4:54 AM on March 28, 2013

all i have to say is: thank you producers for season 1-3 but now you just ruined all. miss delena with all the beauty they had. also miss stefan and all is moping ways, that was gun to watch.

Corey

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 28, 2013

Season 2 was the best.Season 3 was great in the first part,but it got bad during part 2 due to Klaroline and the loophole to keep Klaus on.if they killed Klaus like they originally planned,the season would’ve been booked great.

Jessie

Posted at 2:49 AM on March 28, 2013

What deluded people actually thought that Damon would go to prom with Elena?! He has made it very clear that he doesn’t do things like that, not even for her. Like he said, Stefan is the better boyfriend. Elena chose Damon, so she should just get used to being treated the way a standard narcissistic guy nowadays treat girls, Stefan is a fictional character in every sense of the word because guys like him really don’t exist, that kind of capacity to forgive, love & put his loved ones ahead of others, even doing lame stuff to make that person happy:-( Elena doesn’t deserve him, I on the other hand totally do lol<3

rIZUL

Posted at 12:35 AM on March 28, 2013

The thing i like stefan more than damon is that when stefan was with elena damon always tried to get his brother’s gf but when elena was with damon stefan stepped aside to make her own decision, of course i like damon he is the best character and all but stefan is more deserving to get elena or the best option just kill elena they both can have a blast.

abe is doing it?!!?

Posted at 12:21 AM on March 28, 2013

well, she first snored alot of coke before entering.

aisha

Posted at 12:07 AM on March 28, 2013

Also, it’s really annoying how Damon and Stefan don’t seem to have their own individual storylines this season, at least before they did ! It’s basically ” all youre going to do is slave after elena” Im sure Ian and Paul are extremely frustrated with what they have to work with this season. PLEASE KILL ELENA OFF.

HMA

Posted at 5:08 PM on March 28, 2013

Yeah OK do u watch the show? They are not going to “kill Elena off” if you hate her so much stop watching the show. She is an essencial character she’s not going anywhere, deal with it.

Miranda

Posted at 4:46 PM on April 11, 2013

The Whole Show Is About Damon, Stefan AND Elena! They Wont Kill Her Off! Dont Be Stupid!

aisha

Posted at 12:04 AM on March 28, 2013

This is really annoying. How long are they going to friggin be after Elena ?! BORING. can someone just kill her ? she brings down the entire show and it’s really annoying how even at friggin PROM everything is always about her. This ” no humanity storyline is also extremely repetive.Shouldn’t she be worrying about Silias ? Shouldnt At least Damon and Stefan without their humanity turned on can think of someone other than themselves and actually work to plot about the bad guys.

Tina

Posted at 12:01 AM on March 28, 2013

I would love it if Stefan moved to the new Originals show & left Delena to their pathetic, empty crap filled relationship because without his heart to stomp all over, they’ll fizzle out. By that time, for Elena it will be too late because Stefan will be with someone worthy for once, Damon deserves this version of Elena especially with the way he’s been acting!

aisha

Posted at 12:01 AM on March 28, 2013

This is really annoying. How long are they going to friggin be after Elena ?! BORING. can someone just kill her ? she brings down the entire show and it’s really annoying how even at friggin PROM everything is always about her. Shouldn’t she be worrying about Silias ? At least Damon and Stefan without their humanity turned on can think of someone other than themselves.

lu

Posted at 11:57 PM on March 27, 2013

vampire diaries is getting worst by episode…and it is not even that I am stelena fan…to be honest I liked seeing stefan and elena together but they were not the sole reason i was watching the show…i loved the plot..i couldnt wait for the next episode…and now all the boring stuff i skip episodes because there is nothing to watch…they really need to make the plot better…at this point i dont care who elena stays with as long as the plot is good…i mean every episode all the loved ones have to die to save elena…caroline has been a vampire for longer but elena beats her up….this makes no sense

louise

Posted at 3:38 PM on April 13, 2013

exactly i thought she should be emotionless, empty and cold. not superwoman! 1 of all she seeks to have fun that means she feels that, boredom is also a feeling, anger towards caroline is also a feeling?? WTF? and what is rebekah know following elena around for like her little dog?

Madz

Posted at 11:49 PM on March 27, 2013

Call me crazy or egoistic or biased but I am hating every single moment of Stefan with Elena now. I just cant stand that guy now. Please. And now he would go to prom with her. Great. Last time I checked they broke up ‘mutually’ now.. why at the prom Stefan is needed? Screw. I am gonna hate the god damn prom thing. All I wanted was a great musical Delena event. From the spoilers it does not look like that

aisha

Posted at 11:59 PM on March 27, 2013

since when is the vampire diaries ever a great musical event

jasmine

Posted at 12:04 AM on March 28, 2013

What show are you watching? Stefan’s been hanging with everyone from Bex to Caroline to Klaus. Elena has been with Damon. Whether they’re making out or hanging out. This show is terrible now.

jasmine

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 28, 2013

my comment was for Madz

Liz

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 27, 2013

At this point it’s hard to guess why Elena will go out of her way to ruin prom. I can’t wait to see her motives, and I am glad that I don’t risk missing anything with my DISH Hopper. The 2,000 hours of storage space are always in use recording the seasons of my favorite shows, so I don’t fall behind with my late work shift at DISH. I love never worrying about missing episodes of the many shows I watch, especially now that Elena is so unpredictable.

Need a new show to watch

Posted at 11:14 PM on March 27, 2013

Sorry to say all of season 4 has been boring. By far the worst season. I’ve bought Season 1, 2, and 3. I won’t be buy season 4. I think that 2 things ruined the show. He having s-x with Damon and her turning into a stupid vampire. Elena’s scenes as a vampire are more stupid then anything. btw, before the Delena’s say it. No I’m not Stelena. But it does seem like the show was way better when they were together and Damon was bedding GORGEOUS WOMEN! and hanging out at a bar. If the show continues this way their is no way there’s gonna be a season 6.

Luna

Posted at 11:30 PM on March 27, 2013

You must watch “Being Human” on Mondays @ 9 pm on SciFi channel…terrific show…it’s now my favorite…

Amber

Posted at 10:54 PM on March 27, 2013

Got to have my daily Delena and Klaroline! It would be cool, if Klaus was still in TVD and still star in The Originals, but still it’s a shame that we won’t see him all the time in TVD. :( I want to see a Klaroline kiss scene! Give us some!
Bring them together for your fans!!
Please DO NOT get someone else to be his love intrest in The Originals, cause I think the human girl that’s brillant is going to be his “love intrest.” Caroline is the better choice, she makes him a better person with her humanity, which she brings out in Klaus. Sorry Forwood fans, they’re cool and everything but Klaus is cooler. It’s like Stefan being the better choice for Elena instead of Damon, maybe they could do it like that. Tyler is Stefan and Klaus is Damon! Haha that’s a twist.

Sonia

Posted at 10:00 PM on March 27, 2013

If Elena goes to the prom with Stefan….I swear!….argggg….I hope she goes alone for I know Plec will never let Delena go to the prom together. It’s safe to say she will NOT go with Damon. That would make too much sense and this show has no idea how to do that. After The Originals’ show starts a lot of people are just abandoning this convoluted and poor excuse of a show. Unbelievably bad writing. Plec and company should watch Being Human so they could learn a thing or…a million about writing a successful and believable show, not this pound of Swiss cheese they turned TVD into…what a shame…smh

Lacey