‘Bachelor’ Sean Lowe’s Parents Wanted Him To Pick Lindsay Yenter

Wed, March 13, 2013 6:12pm EDT by 44 Comments
Sean Lowe Lindsay Yenter
Courtesy ABC

Jenna

Posted at 11:39 PM on March 31, 2013

It’s wrong of his parents to judge Catherine based on her parent’s past. Wrong and judgmental. I hope they come to realize that.

Amanda Faith

Posted at 1:26 AM on March 30, 2013

Catherine is an intelligent, independent and confident lady. She would know if Sean is fooling her. If he does Cat will do the right thing. That is why she will not live with him before marriage. So if Sean leaves her, she will find a much much better man than Sean. Sean can go back to Lindsey or Ashlee, they all deserve each other. It is pathetic but the fact is a lot of white Americans are still prejudice/racist and will not accept an Asian lady who is educated, witty, independent and confident to be seen or even marry an all white American boy, especially on TV. In Europe nobody gives a damn.

Sara

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 5, 2013

OR, it could be just like they said and they preferred Lindsey and her family upbringing. Maybe it has nothing to do with race.

Chantel Cole

Posted at 5:16 PM on March 29, 2013

I hate to say it but if this is true Lindsey would of been a better pick for Sean. Catherine is more authentic in her views and a bit liberal. Her sister’s hit it on the nail when they said she is messy and not ready to settle down. Lindsey does have the stronger background and is more capable of having a relationship or Ashlee. I think he made a mistake and this will not last.

2905 (@2905)

Posted at 12:34 PM on March 27, 2013

I’ll believe it when I see Sean’s parents interviewed and their lips moving. Otherwise this is BS.

Sennia

Posted at 12:21 PM on March 27, 2013

If this is true this is beyond horrible. I hope his parents are not like this if they are then they are not christians or good people at all.

e

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 24, 2013

To anyone who actually watched the show, it is beyond obvious how much Sean’s parents loved Catherine when they met her. I mean Sean’s dad said he would be her biggest fan and treat her like hiw own daughter. This article is a joke, and a cruel one at that.

Anna

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 21, 2013

Why are there so many haters for this couple? And from the comments I’ve seen, it’s based on race. Blonde all American Sean should have pick the vanilla white Lindsay and definitely not that ethnic girl…but hey ethnic girl is only half ethnic as she has a white daddy. Smh

LittleMo

Posted at 6:40 AM on March 27, 2013

What race issue? Catherine is dark-complected with dark hair but her last name tells you she is Italian – being Italian myself I knew that but everyone else should have figured that out, too.

Freda

Posted at 8:19 PM on March 20, 2013

Reading the article I’m so disappointed with sean’s family. They judged Catherine as person and her family as well, they’re too judgmental Christian. Apparently they’re ignoring the beautiful letter of Catherine to Sean. I like Sean’s dad, apparently he’s fake too!

Lilz

Posted at 11:04 PM on March 20, 2013

this is hollywoodlie… why would you believe any of it? seriousl

Marilou Roberts

Posted at 5:11 PM on March 20, 2013

This a big fat Lies from the pit of hell! Sean parents are God fearing people. They would never to do that to their Son. They love Catherine like their own daughter. A source without a name is fabricated Story. One day Karma will smack you back in the face like a rubber band before you know it.

Caitlin J

Posted at 1:48 AM on March 20, 2013

We haven’t seen any positive comments between Sean’s sister and Catherine on Twitter. Also, did you see the body language of Catherine and his mom at the DWTS premiere?

TerrePizarro

Posted at 6:25 PM on March 18, 2013

Sean’s parents should be happy for there sons choice. Sean your parents SHOULD NOT judge your choice and the girl you are IN LOVE with. What type of Christians are they! I am sooo happy for you sean and please DO NOT let c

Lee Cayabyab

Posted at 5:59 PM on March 20, 2013

I agree. I am a Christian myself but if this is true about Sean’s parents, I guess they just showed they are not Christians deep down. I watched the episode where Sean’s dad said (I believe to Lindsey) that since Sean was a boy, they have prayed so hard for him to find and marry the right woman. They prayed for Sean for 29 years, and they wanted Lindsey to be the one Sean would pick, and yet, despite their PRAYERS, Sean picked Catherine. It just tells you that God is still in control and knows who is best for Sean. And if Sean were my son, my prayer would be, “Lord make my son pick the right girl for him, the one that he really loves deep in his heart,” and not “Lord make my son pick Lindsey! I have nothing against Lindsey and I’m sure she is a good woman. But Sean’s heart is with Catherine and his parents and sister should respect his decision and his choice of Catherine.

kathy

Posted at 8:33 PM on March 22, 2013

AGREE!!

Jennifer Jones

Posted at 2:47 PM on March 18, 2013

Stop hating on Sean and Catherine give them a chance please no one did this to Ashley and JP. Jason and Molly was the right couple Jason follow his heart he did what veiwers wanted then he stopped and realize he wanted Molly so he got her. Catherine is good for Sean and I think they will do well Lindsey reminded me of Emily with her talking and I feel she needed person she wouldn’t be able to do thong alone unlike Catherine she been on her on for a while so it time to be love by a nice christian man. Mr and Mrs Lowe you are hurtful and made feel bad i hope the best for your son and the kids show you diffenert.

Chantel Cole

Posted at 5:21 PM on March 29, 2013

I hate to break your view on Catherine and Sean but there are some differences. First, Catherine is not a devoted christian I don’t think she went to church regularly. She is also a Vegan and Sean has been mentioned to have a complete history of christian views. I think Catherine has maybe gone to church once or twice but is a bit liberal thinking in views. There is a big difference there and from what i read on different profiles Lindsey would of been much better pick. Catherine wants to hurry up and get married at the Alter because she thinks waiting to have sex before marriage is not good. We will see as everything pans out in the next few months odds are against them.

chrisser

Posted at 11:22 PM on March 16, 2013

I think there is merit to this article. Why join DWTS? Answer: To let Catherine down easy and slowly! I wish they would really get married. Sean needs to marry her or look like a total fake christian. He said he chose her after praying about it. I hope this is true and not just to bolster his image. Did he fulfill his promise on national TV that he would say “I love you everyday!” Was this really done?

Chantel Cole

Posted at 5:24 PM on March 29, 2013

Chrisser why should they hurry up and get married they only known each other a few months. What is wrong with waiting to get married. First, it is good to get to know each other before you just go out and get married and then once you are married and it does not work out. She has some liberal views I don’t think she has been in church or studying the bible consecutively. Running off to the Alter to get married has nothing to do with weather he is a devoted christian. It takes time to get to know each other and see where it goes. .

mscyclone

Posted at 11:39 AM on March 15, 2013

He picked the smart girl so the parents will lose control of their little boy…it happens all the time and the mommies don’t like it very much

Sean Fan

Posted at 10:41 PM on March 14, 2013

It’s very simple. Sean did not pick Lindsay because of tits and tats.

dcsfan

Posted at 8:49 PM on March 14, 2013

Smells like lies to me. Didn’t you see the finale where Sean’s father told Catherine that if she’s picked he would be her biggest cheerleader? Secondly, since Sean’s parents are Christians and has strong faith these would be the last thing they would say or do. They have faith that God guided their son in his decision and knows that all things work together for the good of those who love God. They would support Sean in choosing Catherine or Lindsey since Sean also has a strong faith.

Hannah

Posted at 10:26 AM on March 14, 2013

Team Sean and Catherine, leave them alone, people are so jealous, gosh

Rachel

Posted at 5:28 AM on March 14, 2013

I know you were gunning for Lindsay to win, so this didn’t come as a surprise. Why don’t you quote your sources or give us a link of where you got the “shocking news report” . Otherwise, this article doesn’t have credibility at all!

Narf

Posted at 2:47 AM on March 14, 2013

Lies lies lies yeah (they’re gonna get you)
Lies lies lies yeah (they won’t forget you)
Lies lies lies yeah (they’re gonna get you)

Angie

Posted at 1:50 AM on March 14, 2013

This is ludicrous!!! Have you read Sean’s blog on People mag? Eleanore Hutch was pro-Lindsay!

Kimberly

Posted at 11:01 PM on March 13, 2013

I just love how happy they look together. Who doesn’t see that?! And who can’t recognize true love? What they have is what we all want! I think people should just stop with the negativity and LEAVE THEM ALONE :P My advice for Sean and sweet Cath, ignore the haters. You guys are one of the lovliest couples of all time. I found Seans family such a great role models for the world… How wonderful for everyone to see such a testimony of Sean, Cath and Seans family…. Love your morals and values! Xox

Terrence

Posted at 10:01 PM on March 13, 2013

How do the people in this blog sleep at night? Do they make a conscious decision to write about whose life they’re going to ruin at that moment? “Hmm, let’s see – who can we write lies about today.” “Our lives are so miserable, we have to take someone down with us.” “These people are so happy, we just have to make them miserable.” These are the thoughts of the people who write this crap when they wake up in the morning.

Lauren

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 13, 2013

Lindsay is immature, has no depths, only likes making out.
so just because she has a better family Sean needs to choose her? This is BS and hurtful.
People are so narrow minded.

LINA

Posted at 1:31 AM on March 15, 2013

hahahahaa it looks like stupid though. Some people sometimes .Anyway there is a recent sean and catherine interview in YT go and watch it. Reporter asked him about his mother begging him not to engage if he is in love with 2 people and how’s his family right now. He said they can’t wait to see catherine to be part of their family .And catherine said that her sisters love sean and her mom is very supportive. just saying.

Deb Kalin

Posted at 8:18 PM on March 13, 2013

I love Sean’s family and I feel for his family too. I agree with his parents he should have picked Lyndsay not Catherine. I don’t like her for Sean at all. I can’t pin point it but Sean is different when he is with Catherine. He is not the same guy anymore. I hope Sean will come to his senses and soon.

priscilla

Posted at 1:00 AM on March 14, 2013

i agree catherine was definetly not the one but im not sure about lindsay either. I think he would of been better off with des or ashley.

Anaon

Posted at 3:07 PM on March 14, 2013

I call BS on this story! Sean made his choice with someone he says he can be his complete self. Obviously, he didn’t feel complete with Lindsay. And Lindsay is happy now! Let’s move on from this negativity!

Sprite

Posted at 1:53 AM on March 15, 2013

“Sean is different with Catherine”…yes, he’s happier.

Kim

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 13, 2013

I feel for his parents. Feel the same way! I would be deeply concern!!

LINA

Posted at 1:23 AM on March 15, 2013

Really? and you are idiot of believing this. Come on. you know sean has a wonderful family. We saw that on the finale… I can’t believed you are the guts to believe this…. unbelievable

LINA

Posted at 1:26 AM on March 15, 2013

I don’t know but all of you still not over about lindsay being not chosen is hilarious. At the end of the day “you are not sean” plus you can’t force love. Jeez. move on get over it.And you are all idiot believing this..

Chantel Cole

Posted at 5:26 PM on March 29, 2013

You believe watching the bachelor that this was the best pick and it will work out. All I have to tell you people is time will tell if it will last or not.