‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Damon Helps Elena Handle Another Death

Thu, February 21, 2013 9:43pm EDT by 81 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 15
Courtesy of The CW

Monika

Posted at 4:17 AM on February 23, 2013

Nina Dobrev is my idol forever!!! Super talented actress!

Nora

Posted at 4:16 AM on February 23, 2013

Nina deserved all the awards!

Geo

Posted at 4:15 AM on February 23, 2013

Nina was amazing!

Katt

Posted at 6:07 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina!Thanks !You the best!

Tinna

Posted at 6:04 PM on February 22, 2013

Best. Scene. Ever. Good job Nina

West

Posted at 6:03 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina’s acting is always top notch but this episode it was even better it was brilliant you could feel the pain

Betany

Posted at 5:58 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina Dobrev Queen!

Jenny

Posted at 5:49 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina was amazing!I crying and felt the pain Elena(

venera

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina Dobrev should go to a great movie!Nina very talented!

Jane

Posted at 5:48 PM on February 22, 2013

Stefan & Klaroline are the only reason to watch this show from this day forward because, well Damon was interesting until he gave up his self respect to be with Elena & Bonnie, Matt & Tyler have all ceased to interest me. Seriously, it was so sweet the way Stefan took care of Elena in this episode, DE fans can say what they like but Stefan always tries to be there for her, through her darkest moments. Poor Jeremy is dead & the new Originals show will probably become more popular.

Sonna

Posted at 5:45 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina and Zach are the best!Talent!I cried together with Elena.

Anna

Posted at 5:42 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina cry(I cry(Nina Dobrev beautiful dramatic actress!

Zella

Posted at 5:40 PM on February 22, 2013

Elena broke my heart(

Dimma

Posted at 5:39 PM on February 22, 2013

Nina Dobrev deserves the Oscar!Super talent!

Rachel

Posted at 4:57 PM on February 22, 2013

Does Silas have to go through the Hunters Curse because he killed Jeremy?
It was an amazing episode and I can’t wait for the next one!

gaudenta

Posted at 2:03 PM on February 22, 2013

Intresting…. Nina realy great actress. :)

Dawne

Posted at 12:56 PM on February 22, 2013

Ugh..I hate that Jeremy died..and Elaine set the house on fire..wtf That was two parts of the show that were original, I mean Elaine really did not care if she lost everything in the house? It was her past, her mom and dad. Idk maybe because she turned off the humanity but what will she do when she gets it back?? I want to think that Jeremy will come back somehow, like if maybe they can shove the cure down Cilas’s throat and kill him and then time will rewind itself to the point where Shane came in the picture…..I KNOW…DREAM ON..

❤TVD❤

Posted at 1:06 PM on February 22, 2013

Yes she burnt the house down but she still has the lake house which seems to be where most of the childhood memories of her parents and Jeremy are so she won’t have nothing left to go back to when she turns her humanity back on. I hate that they killed Jeremy. That is the absolute worst storyline ever on this show which surprises me that I hate it so much because when the show started it irritated me that he even existed because in the books Elena had a 4 or 5 year old sister not a teenaged brother but he grew on me and became one of my favorite characters so killing him off sucks! I didn’t believe it last week and then this week I cried my eyes out as it started to sink in that he is really gone. Hoping Bonnie finds a different not so psycho way to bring him back other then the kill a bunch of people and resurrect all the dead bad guys idea.

Vikki

Posted at 11:59 AM on February 22, 2013

Nina Dobrev a great actress!

maren

Posted at 10:48 AM on February 22, 2013

I am still holding out hope that Elena is not actually sired. I think she just always listens to Damon. She trusts him more than anyone. Even in the first two seasons, when she hated Damon, she would sometimes listen to him over Stefan. Also, I don’t like this whole killing 12 people thing. When did this show turn into a murder show, lol. I mean people die, but twelve people would make Bonnie a serial killer and I don’t want this show to be THAT dark. Very interested to see where this is all going. And maybe Jeremy went off to be on Alaric’s new show, Cult :) He missed him too much, haha!

ThrillerHina

Posted at 10:58 AM on February 22, 2013

Yeah, me too :) I’m also very interested to see where the show is going, especially, how the Writers are gonna take DE’s relationship from now onwards.

Delena

Posted at 10:45 AM on February 22, 2013

Wheres the weekly SE/DE breakdown??

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:02 AM on February 22, 2013

I gave it a rest for a bit. This week’s episode didn’t have much of that, and honestly, it was all about Jeremy this week.

R.I.P. little “brother”

Delena

Posted at 7:02 PM on February 22, 2013

Oh ok ;) have it next Thursday!! Which I guess is like 3 weeks :/

Hina...

Posted at 10:42 AM on February 22, 2013

I’m following you, Andy, on Twitter.

Hina

Posted at 10:33 AM on February 22, 2013

There were a lot of scenes that I loved in this episode, Damon/Rebekah scene, Elena/Matt scene and the hug between Damon and Bonnie. My sister told me that there was only one time when Elena smiled in this episode and that was when she was talking about ‘Damon’ with Matt. I think the fact that Matt was smiling when he was talking about Damon with Elena and when Bonnie hugged Damon just shows that the Writers are making all of Elena’s friends accept and love Damon. I mean, there was a time when none of her friends used to support Damon. Now, it looks like Matt and Bonnie are Team Damon & Team DE. And, forget about Caroline and Stefan. They both annoy me so much. Lets face it, Damon will do everything he can to save Elena, he always has and always will. Whereas, Mr. Stefan Salvatore fails to save Elena. He always has failed and always will fail. Seriously, I don’t get the people who ship SE. Grow up, understand the facts, move on and ship the couple which is supposed to be shipped; DELENA… <3

Anna

Posted at 5:43 PM on February 22, 2013

Or you could ship the couple that is meant to be shipped. Delena have been together for several episodes & since they slept together, they have gone to crap. Stelena shippers exist for a reason, they were obviously doing something right if they lasted for over 3 seasons as well as the fact that Damon & Elena aren’t going to make it for the long haul. Anybody with half a brain can see that. I’m just glad I have Klaroline to focus on so I don’t rip my eyes out from the slow deterioration of this show. Seriously, once Klaus has his own show, I can finally say adios to TVD!!

Hina Hussain

Posted at 10:22 AM on February 22, 2013

I saw 4×15 on 1channel.com, it was emotional yet an amazing episode. I knew Elena would shut her humanity off in this episode. The Promo Poster which was released for 4×15 had Elena in it looking like a dark and a depressed Vampire with Damon at the back who looks as if he’s gonna bring back her humanity. It is true. ‘Damon’ will be the one to bring back Elena’s humanity just like ‘Elena’ was the one who brought back Damon’s humanity. This new dark and depressed Vampire Elena is only gonna take 2 episodes I guess. She’s not gonna remain like that much longer. At the end of 4×16 or 4×17, everything will become better between Damon and Elena. I really hope so…

pam

Posted at 8:11 AM on February 22, 2013

don’t lyk d way jeremy was sent off.
Where d hell is Elijah?
Seriously getting tired off this vd

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:02 AM on February 22, 2013

Elijah will be back shortly, never you fret.

erica

Posted at 7:49 AM on February 22, 2013

I searched for news about Jeremy Gilbert just to see what others though. The ep was epic! I personally can’t stand Elena, but she moved me to tears last night. Matt is adorable. Stefan and Damon have acknowledged they still have each other, and poor Bonnie has lost her mind! I think Caroline will hook up with Klaus.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:03 AM on February 22, 2013

I hope Caroline doesn’t hook up with Klaus. Not only because I don’t like them together, but he’s about leave the show to do “The Originals.” I’d rather they let that relationship die.