‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Damon Helps Elena Handle Another Death

Thu, February 21, 2013 9:43pm EST by 81 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 15
Courtesy of The CW

Lana

Posted at 7:39 AM on February 22, 2013

Delena’s love story has been terrible to watch this season, I’m kind of done with them, they had like one honeymoon episode together & now she has no emotions. Maybe now they’ll become more compatible and have more scenes, it’s not romantic but she had that with Stefan so I guess Damon is the next phase for her. It’s just sad because I never saw her being with Damon as a long term deal but then I did & now all I can think is that this robot version of Elena would definitely be good with Damon, he can show her a good time, etc cos that’s what seems to matter to him. I honestly prefer Klaroline, they remind me of a better version of Delena now:-)

Cam

Posted at 3:07 PM on February 22, 2013

I think the writers have done a huge injustice to Delena. They were given no time to be together before being ripped apart. They’ve spent more time apart this season then ever before. Its like the writers want to focus on the tease, hence why Klaroline is so appealing this season. But Klaroline doesn’t have the substance that Delena does. Klaus liking Caroline came out of nowhere an Caroline does absolutely nothing for Klaus but expects everything of him. Damon was so cute in the morning when he was smiling and said “I’m happy” and that was the last time we saw him smile until Elena told him she loved him and then the next episode fell so flat in utter disappointment. The show has lost its appeal for me. Damon and Elena deserve better. They deserve the chance to have a REAL relationship. But it seems the writers refuse to give us that. All i see is another way to drag out the love triangle until season 6.

d.harris

Posted at 6:51 AM on February 22, 2013

first of all,please for Gods sake bring jeremy back please ,please.thank you andy ,you never disappoint.what can i say—–let it keep getting crazier and hotter.please,let someone make bunny to come back from this nightmare she is in.she is a witch –hello.she suppose to be saving all the good guys and giving the bad guys a piece of their pie.

SAVINA

Posted at 6:25 AM on February 22, 2013

BRING JEREMY BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Brianna

Posted at 6:14 AM on February 22, 2013

Great episode. But so angry about Jeremy being dead. He is one of my favorite characters.BRING HIM BACK :'(

baby boy

Posted at 4:37 AM on February 22, 2013

JEREMYYYYYY COME BACK TO LIFE! DAMN IT! VAMPIRE DIARIES IS STARTING TO DIE! I WAS A DIE HARD DELENA FAN! I EVEN DREAMT ABOUT THEM BEING TOGETHER BUT HOW THEY HANDLED THE DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR LOVE STORY WAS SOOO BAD AND SOOO LONG THAT I JUST LOST INTEREST IN ANY OF THE LOVE STORY IN THIS SHOW.

Cam

Posted at 3:09 PM on February 22, 2013

Completely agree!!!!!! They destroyed the magic and now they are killing off characters like it was spring cleaning :(

sabrina

Posted at 3:56 AM on February 22, 2013

I have to admit I cried all over again..jeremy is really gone!!!…damon and stefan finally put aside their differences…and damon turning off elena’s humanity….wow..he is so going to regret it..because now elena becomes Katherine…too bad for delena fans..she might just decide to sleep with anyone she likes..maybe even klaus…although am happy she’s be a stronger character as a vampire…the consequences are going to be very deadly..someone needs to tie bonnie down..before her madness becomes full blown…

Sarah Belanger-Gibbons

Posted at 2:30 AM on February 22, 2013

Bonnie going dark/ over the deep end /out of her mind reminds me of Willow in BtVS. The death scene was ok, in this episode they were all coming to terms with yet another loss which was very emotional and well done the creators and actors/actresses covered a realistic reaction to loss unlike some of the other deaths within the series.. So now i’m stuck wondering if Silas can take the form of others or who will play him, as Bonnie was talking to Silas in some form.. I really enjoyed Stefan and Damon burying the hatchet.

BB

Posted at 1:35 AM on February 22, 2013

gash!!!!…..jeremy is gone??…i hate it.his some swit guy in this series.wasnt there anything to help him renew his life like in da past.i pray he comes back like in fa next episode.maybe Clause wd help if he wasnt dead.Catherine…….oooowww am going to mis jeremy.RIP.tho cant stop looking at sexy Demon.he is so dam CUTE.

Ally

Posted at 12:46 AM on February 22, 2013

I was hoping that Jeremy was going to wake up. I was also hoping that Bonnie could have saved him but he’s gone for good bow since Elena burned his body with the house. I wasn’t ready to see Jeremy go for good and Matt breaking down over it made me so sad :(

Harry loves LOUIS

Posted at 12:38 AM on February 22, 2013

I thought Trevino moved back to LA so Tyler is gone for good?

Joel

Posted at 12:34 AM on February 22, 2013

I HATE, I HATE, I HATE!!!! THE VAMPIRE DIARY’S!!!! I SWEAR TO FREAKIN ***… If They Killed Jeremy off, THE SHOW IS DEAD TO ME!!! AGHGGGGG!!!!!! I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

kate

Posted at 12:31 AM on February 22, 2013

i really like jeremy because he has been there since season 1, and he’s grown so much. his character was so epic (one of the 5, wha??) but that death was sad. i of course dont want him to die at all, but if he has to…that death was weak.

emily

Posted at 12:08 AM on February 22, 2013

This episode sucked, everyone dies in this show, jeremy was my favorite character and of course they kill him off….

mvk

Posted at 12:00 AM on February 22, 2013

This was one different episode. I wonder what Julie has planned for Elena for the next show. It would be nice if Julie would let Elena and Damon have some kind of life now. Yep Bonnie is wacko. It’s a shame the writers didn’t pair Caroline and Klaus. They were great together. Matt was really good tonight. Maybe it is time for Elena to start her life over again.

Cam

Posted at 3:11 PM on February 22, 2013

Don’t get your hope up, I’ve completely given up on the idea that the writers will actually let Delena be happy. I was obsessed with this show, now i don’t even care anymore. Elena turned off her humanity just another way for the writers to keep Damon and Elena from having a REAL relationship.

zay

Posted at 11:56 PM on February 21, 2013

Seriously how freakin amazing is Nina Dobrev she absolutely killed her performance i really want to see more of her on the big screen. besides that the whole episode was amazing the emotion is sort of a closing chapter to everyones pain for losing someone they love yet only the begining!

abe is doing it!!

Posted at 11:55 PM on February 21, 2013

indeed, LIFE IS HARD, folks!!

Eloise

Posted at 11:40 PM on February 21, 2013

I like tonight vampite diaries. It kind of bringing closeure to season 1,2,3,.
Now Elaine can enjoy being a vampire. Let her feed on humans. We need to see Elijha..
Maybe,Rebecca and Elaine can be friends.
Strange things has happen.
Elaine,need.to have some hot vampire sex
Maybe, with Damon,Eligha,or klaus

ashly

Posted at 11:23 PM on February 21, 2013

Great performances from all the actors, but def not a good episode. To me, there have only been like 5 episodes which have been really good this season. I don’t hate Bonnie, but I liked her in the previous 2 episodes b.c she was strong. Now she’s again being “hypnotized” by someone. Come on girl, up your game. This episode, like most of the episodes this season, was predictable. I’m excited to see Elena without her humanity; hopefully, this means she won’t be annoying anymore. Loved seeing Matt!!! To be honest, I really don’t care where Tyler is; I want to know where Klaus is. I was so sure Elijah was going to show up tonight. Oh well, crossing fingers for next week!

rose

Posted at 11:21 PM on February 21, 2013

No i don’t want elena to go all crazy not human on me, i want her back to her regular human elena, not vampire elena but human… Because i love Katherine nd she is mean and now if we have elena and Katherine being all mean and not human then they are not going to stand out…. i want jermy back he was a good character and he was always there to help her sister and she needs help now. I also loved the scene between Damon and stefan, idc for stelena or delena anymore i am team salvatore all the way and i want them to be what they just to be before elena got in between them :) This is just my opinion!!!

Kathlena

Posted at 11:01 PM on February 21, 2013

I was hoping Jeremy was going too wake up! Especially when Elena took of his ring… but it didn’t happen. :(

emily

Posted at 12:09 AM on February 22, 2013

SAMMEEE

Anna

Posted at 10:53 PM on February 21, 2013

Nope, if you ask me, Jeremy didn’t get an appropriate send-off. Although he has never been one of my favorite characters, he’s the only one whose death has been the most unbearable to me. I don’t know, dying in such way at 16, is hard to stomach (Anna doesn’t count, she was as old as a non-white oak tree).
Anyway, this episode was a tearjerker indeed and very well written. Yet, I’d have done very well without the Bonnie and Silas “Slim Shady” Atticus Shane scenes (coming from a huge Bonnie fan).
I only have one question: how are we gonna be able to tell VampElena apart from Kat now?
PS: Btw JP, was that a nod to the Bamon fans? Well, since you seem eagerto satisfy everyone’s whims (Stelena, Delena, Klaroline at the expense of Forwood btw, can I get Matt+Rebekah?

Julia

Posted at 10:38 PM on February 21, 2013

I think is was a good episode but many are saying its the best of the entire series and I just cant agree..

I really don’t like how biased these characters are toward their inner circle. Jeremy dies and everyone caters to Elena and acts like the world ended. When Finn and Kol were killed, with the entire gangs help, Rebekah’s and Klaus’ pain was barely acknowledged. I’m happy they at least made Klaus go after Tyler, because won’t Elena, Damon, etc, be after Katherine now? When it happens to them, its a tragedy and they must get revenge; when it happens to someone else, “It had to be done.” Its getting old.

Elena turning off her humanity – predictable, but, FINALLY.

Silas/Shane switcheroo – predictable, they could have done it differently than Klaus and Alaric already had.

Matt finally getting more than two minutes of screen time – A++

Steroline – Its obviously gonna happen since Claire is leaving and Elena’s even-uglier-in-Stefan’s-eyes vampire side is coming. So just get on with it already.

Sana

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 21, 2013

I’m not ready to say goodbye to Jeremy. I mean he didn’t even tell Bonnie that he loved her before dying. He has to come back.

Keira

Posted at 9:53 PM on February 21, 2013

Ok I’m sorry but why is this damn website so biased against Klaroline?!
Klaus is the only one who doesn’t take anything from her or use her for anything, even as a crutch like Tyler has always done. He loves her selflessly and she has never had that so she deserves it as well as the fact that she has outgrown Tyler. He’s safe & comforting but that’s no real reason to stay with someone.
I notice everybody is fine with Delena but the real love story, Klaroline is getting a bad rep for what exactly?! Finally Caroline is somebody’s first choice & we know it’s not because she looks like Tatia-Klaus’s first love-so it’s real, powerful & frankly apart from Jeremy’s death is the most compelling reason to watch the show!

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:59 PM on February 21, 2013

It’s not the whole website, just me. I take credit for any and all anti-Klaroline talk. When you’re weighing Tyler against Klaus, I just don’t see how Klaus — who has killed SEVERAL of the people Caroline really cared about — could be a better fit.

I’m open to arguments, though.

Anna

Posted at 11:03 PM on February 21, 2013

Klaroline, the real love story? I would call it unrequited love, an infatuation, a one-sided obsession, not even a love story in a making. Don’t mind me, I must be watching an absolutely different show.

Keira

Posted at 11:35 PM on February 21, 2013

Yeah you must be:-)

LeeAnn

Posted at 1:04 AM on February 22, 2013

It’s tainted.

TehD

Posted at 1:10 AM on February 22, 2013

“Klaus . . . is selfless”

Er. Are we watching the same show? The same Klaus who murdered Aunt Jenna, Jules, his own hybrids, and Tyler’s mother for NO purpose other than personal satisfaction/gain?

Don’t get me wrong, I adore Klaus. He’s a fascinating sociopath. And I find his affinity for Caroline both curious and bizarre. I want more of both him and his obsession with her.

But selfless? No just… No.

Monica Anders

Posted at 9:47 PM on February 21, 2013

Good idea to keep the Delena vs Stefan off for a while, this has taken things in a whole new direction.

I think it’s important to note that Stefan and Damon didn’t decide together to shut off her emotions, it was Damon’s decision alone. Stefan was expecting Damon to just tell Elena to calm down, or chill out, or whatever. He didn’t intend for Damon to tell her to do THAT.

It’s either the best plot twist the show has ever done, or the worst. I’m leaning toward the former right now, but I want to see how they handle this for the rest of the season first before i commit.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:50 PM on February 21, 2013

You’re right, I kind of lumped them together on auto-pilot.

And yes, the Stelena/Delena battle has been put aside for a bit. These episodes are about so much more than the love triangle now, though with Elena moving in (and Rebekah leaving the show… eventually) I’m sure it’ll be back. ;)

mzkitty

Posted at 1:18 AM on February 22, 2013

So what that it was Damons decision to have Elena turn off her humanity. Probably the best thing for her right now. Will be interesting to see how Elena is now..female version of Damon maybe? Stefan should team up with Rebekah and would like to see Caroline and Klaus hook up.