90210 Recap: Annie & Naomi’s Long-Lost Half Brother Cooks Up Trouble

Mon, February 18, 2013 10:59pm EST by 8 Comments
90210 Season 5 Episode 14
Courtesy of The CW

The girls finally met their parents’ love child — and no, Annie didn’t hook up with him.

Continuing in season five’s rich tradition of drudging up the past, Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) tracked down her long-lost half brother Mark (Charlie Weber) on the Feb. 18 episode of 90210. And continuing in Naomi’s rich tradition of making terrible life choices, she accidentally lit his food truck on fire, then crashed it into a newsstand — all in the name of convincing him to open up a restaurant with her. Oh yeah, Naomi’s a restauranteur now.

Annie (Shenae Grimes) didn’t do much of anything this week, aside from trying to keep Dixon (Tristan Wilds) from finding out about their half-brother, which she failed to do. There was a brief moment where I actually thought she and Mark were going to get together, but I guess incest is where Annie draws the line.

Meanwhile, Liam (Matt Lanter) continued his gradual transformation into Chris Brown, first by assaulting Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) at the courthouse — his crazy ass thought she was Ashley, so the cops let him go — then by punching some bro in the face at the Battle of the Bands. But unlike Chris Brown, Liam was able to recognize he has a problem, so he’s going to try to channel his aggression into something productive. Presumably something that requires him to be perpetually shirtless.

Silver (Jessica Stroup) freaked out at her uterus when the aforementioned bro revealed it was hooking up with Navid (Michael Steger), but she calmed down after her uterus was like, “Hey, calm down!” Something tells me she won’t be so calm when she finds out her uterus is also teaming up with Dixon to launch a music career.

Speaking of music careers, Adrianna — who should definitely be in jail at this point — caught yet another break this week, scoring a last-minute performance with a group at the Battle of the Bands. Unfortunately, she quickly realized they were more interested in her boobs than her beats, so she decided to put her career on hiatus. Who would have thought going topless in front of a huge crowd last week would negatively impact Ade’s career?!

Every single person on this show needs a life coach.

— Andy Swift