The looks she sports have serious edge and can seem difficult to recreate—but not anymore! Celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton, the creative force behind some of Pink’s latest looks, gives tips to get the hairstyles at home!
Pink has some of the fiercest hair in Hollywood! Her edgy coifs always push the envelope and are totally enviable—yet so unapproachable! Never fear, if you love Pink’s styles as much as we do, the singer’s hairstylist, Marcia Hamilton, helps us break down two coveted looks step by step!
How To Get Pink’s Marilyn Monroe-Inspired Hair
• To give your hair serious volume, apply a mousse from root to tip just after getting out of the shower
• Use a round brush (preferably with boar bristles) while blow drying your hair
• If you don’t have longer hair, use extensions that can be clipped to the top of your head
• Protect your hair with White Sands Liquid Texture Firm, a heat-protecting spray, and then use a medium-sized curling iron to add curl
How To Get Pink’s Pompadour
• The important thing here is to work with dirty hair. Hair that’s freshly cleaned won’t have enough texture
• Separate your hair into sections and curl using a large-barrel curling iron. Pin curls with bobby pins to hold them in place
• Apply a pomade to the sides and back of your hair so it has a slicked look; brush it through
• Take down the curls from the top of your head and back comb with a teasing brush. Set with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray➚ for lasting hold
So, HollywoodLifers, which look is your fave? Sound off below!
— Jennifer Tzeses
More On Pink’s Hairstyles:
- Pink’s New Haircut: She HATES It — What Do YOU Think?
- Jenny McCarthy V. Pink’s Hair Face-Off: Who Rocked The Pompadour Hairstyle Best?
- Miley Cyrus Vs. Pink Hairstyle: Battle Of The Blonde Poufs At The 2012 MTV VMA