‘Glee': Sam & Blaine Would Make The Hottest Couple

Fri, January 25, 2013 4:51pm EDT by 24 Comments
Glee Sam Blaine Dating
Courtesy of Fox

On the Jan. 24 episode of ‘Glee,’ Blaine admits that he has a crush on Sam. Find out why I think they should totally get together!

After Glee’s “Sadie Hawkins” episode, I am convinced that Sam (Chord Overstreet) would be a perfect match for Blaine (Darren Criss). Not only are they both incredibly sexy and easy on the eyes, but they’re adorable together, as evidenced by their joint plot to take down The Warblers on the Jan. 24 episode.

Okay, I get it. Sam identifies as a straight man. But it’s not uncommon for someone in high school to learn new things about themselves. It wouldn’t be unrealistic for Sam to come out of the closet. In fact, there’s the possibility that he’s bisexual. (I can dream, right?)

My hopes are not that far fetched. In the season two episode, “Duets,” Sam’s attractiveness is immediately noticed by Kurt (Chris Colfer), who assumes he’s gay because of his nice hair. Kurt asked Sam to perform a duet with him and he happily obliged, at least until Kurt “broke up” with him.

If Kurt and Blaine can’t reunite, at least we know they have the same taste in men.

And let’s face it. Klaine is over. We’ve gone through the motions — denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I’ve moved on. Plus, Kurt is a bit boring. Blaine needs someone exciting, someone local… someone with a hot body. (Sorry, I said it.)

The Backstory On ‘Sadie Hawkins’

Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) convinces the school to put on its first annual Sadie Hawkins, where the girls ask the guys to the dance. Inspired by this event, Finn (Cory Monteith) requests that the girls of New Directions sing a song of their choice to a guy in the group, thus asking them to the dance as well. It seems like a fun idea until Tina starts serenading Blaine. Sadly (but definitely not shockingly), Blaine turns her down. Tina is floored.

While you may think you know why Blaine turned down Tina, think again. It’s not because she’s a woman — it’s because she’s not who he currently has a crush on! Blaine breaks down and tells Tina that he has a crush on… Sam! (I’m going to be completely honest and say that I’m totally on board this ship. BLAM!)

How cool is that nickname?! BLAM! It puts Brangelina to shame.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you agree with me? Should Sam and Blaine get together? Who’s with me?!

— Chris Rogers

More ‘Glee’ Spoilers:

1. ‘Glee’ Scoop: Heather Morris Says Brittana ‘Won’t Get Back Together’
  2. ‘Glee’ Scoop: Who’s Getting Back Together? Who’s Pregnant?
  3. ‘Glee’ Scoop: Season 5 Only Taking Place In NYC?

Diana

Posted at 12:10 AM on April 21, 2013

i agree with you, although sam and brittany are together, brittany is bisexual, maybe sam will be bi too! i totally love BLAM an think they should be together or at least have a romantic scene o cap :) yeeei

Victoria

Posted at 2:41 PM on March 18, 2013

What is wrong with you! Also Kurt is ridiculously hot thank you very much!

Do you not understand the point of blam? It’s the idea that gay and straight people can be friends!
Also what your doing is forcing a sexuality on Sam, and that is no different than insisting a gay person is straight, which as you know is horrible.

Couples aren’t about looks, and thud article has shown how awfully shallow you are.

And lol, klaine is over. Ha.

You say you should respect people’s sexuality if they say they are gay, well you should do the same if they are straight, there is no difference.

Jp

Posted at 8:54 AM on March 20, 2013

Ummm these characters aren’t supposed to be an idea, nor should there be a “point” to Blam. Realistically I’ve known tons of straight guys who’ve crushed on their gay best friend. Some realized they were bi. Some realized there was just something about that person that they were drawn to, and some realized it was just a fleeting in the moment kind of situation.

I agree the reasoning of the article is shallow, but I don’t think it’s “forcing” a sexuality on Sam because the blogger isn’t the writer, and Sam could or could not be bi. It’s up to the show.

Kate

Posted at 7:42 PM on March 17, 2013

Kurt is so boring! Agreed that Blaine needs someone kind and supportive like Sam. These are men of action who are best buddies that dance in their underwear/pilot suits. Can’t ask for a better couple!

@dri

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 16, 2013

Pues yo sigo creyendo de que aun puede klaine sobre salir, entonces estoy en descuerdo con tu opinión amigo(a), ademas Kurt no es aburrido por muchas razones, Darren Criss y Chris Colfer son leyenda pero juntos!!!, se llevan bien, y trabajan mejor son la pareja perfecta para trabar.Y
tambien para ser de Glee mejor. :) FOREVER KLAINE!!!

Cielo

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 6, 2013

Kurt boring??? I am sorry,but NO, just NO…Actually, I am not even sorry. Anyone who has Kurt is damn lucky. Way to show how shallow you are when choosing a guy. A hot body? that is what makes a guy interesting in your book? No, thank you. Kurt has more personality than half of Glee’s characters put together, not to mention charisma and character development (plus great acting by Chris). I don’t know if Klaine is really over or not, but you do NOT bash Kurt Hummel. Leave Kurt to me, you can have anyone else you’d like.

LoveBlaine

Posted at 11:28 PM on February 5, 2013

I’d take Blaine in a nanosecond! Sam is annoying as f**k.

HoneyBooBoo

Posted at 9:38 AM on January 29, 2013

It would be gr8 if they got together, but I much rather see Sebastian and Blaine getting together

Terrance

Posted at 8:34 PM on July 25, 2013

Sebastian is ugly

Lily

Posted at 7:24 PM on January 27, 2013

No, I know Klaine is over and i don’t care about it but I like Sam & Blaine as friends, just friends, i love this bromance, the straight-gay friendship, not they as a couple…. as Blaine is definitely gay, Sam is definitely straight! I hope that this friendship continues! But who can blame Blaine for the crush on Sam? Just as who can Blame Tina for the crush on Blaine? I love these two! I’m loving Sam this season although the writters make him out to lose his intelligence… at least it’s hilarious

Jp

Posted at 9:00 AM on March 20, 2013

I don’t know if it’s just in the water in my city or what but I’m starting to feel like the whole idea of a straight man developing feelings for a gay best friend is a foreign concept to a lot of people. It happens and a lot. Do I like the bromance? Yes I do. But people need to realize that we are not defined by labels. Sam could be straight, he could be bi, he could just really like Blaine and does not sure what it means, just because a guy likes another guy does not redefine his life and preference to being gay. Why can’t people be more tolerant to those different who don’t belong on either ends of the gay straight spectrum?

Cocoa

Posted at 7:44 AM on January 27, 2013

Wow. Your post. I’m speechless. Shallow and total disregard for the character’s overall personality. Kurt is boring? Blaine himself said Kurt is the most interesting person he ever met.

And Blaine and Sam should be together because of his hot bod? Do you think Blaine is as shallow as you? And that is a good idea for a relationship to start? If that was what their relationship is based on then it will NEVER go far. Sam is sweet and nice but as personalities go, he is dorky and quite stale. Even his crush on Brittany was obvious, I really just want to gouge his or my eyes out. And sam is exciting as my week old loaf of bread. He has next to no ambition and his talent is doing horrible impersonation of people and quite dumb to boot (quoting from your post, “Sorry, I said it” ) . Blaine deserves someone smart and as forward minded as he is, someone who could push him because they know he deserves the best. Even if Blaine never gets together with Kurt, even I know he deserves someone better than Sam.

Jp

Posted at 9:05 AM on March 20, 2013

Just because you don’t like the character doesn’t mean you have to talk so poorly of him. Sam cares for Blaine. And they really compliment each other and have a great friendship. Since when did two people who belong together have to be the same driven type people. And it’s just your opinion. Some people enjoy his impersonations, and his dorky attitude. And no ambition? You’re forgetting they’re in high school. How many people spend years in college or breaks from school before they figure out what or who they want to be. Sorry we all don’t live in the perfect world of Rachel and Kurt who know exactly what they want right away.

narita

Posted at 1:41 AM on January 27, 2013

I could care less about Blaine and Sam. I do love Adam and think that him and Kurt are the best thing about the last episode.

Alice

Posted at 12:56 AM on January 27, 2013

How dare you say Klaine is over… I feel like I didn’t even read the article, I just narrowed down on “Klaine is over”… Too bad Klaine is endgame huh?

Candee Overstreet

Posted at 11:30 AM on January 26, 2013

No! Sam is definitely straight man!

blackwhite123

Posted at 1:37 AM on January 26, 2013

Reblogged this on Blackwhite123.

Js

Posted at 9:38 PM on January 25, 2013

Ok. I think the writers need to find a “real match” for Blaine. Not just try to smash something together. It seems so sloppy to match Blaine and Sam.

bella

Posted at 5:41 PM on January 25, 2013

Seriously kurt is boreng ? wtf in blanes own words kurt is the single most interesting person in all of ohio :) remember that part ??? and really a better body ? how shallow are u

Alice

Posted at 12:58 AM on January 27, 2013

Exactly! Kurt is my favorite character! I’m just so surprised, how can someone think such things about him? He’s BEAUTIFUL! Wrong you are sir, wrong you are.

Terrance

Posted at 8:31 AM on February 24, 2014

I Like Rachel The Best…..She’s Funny LOL

kj

Posted at 5:20 PM on January 25, 2013

pbs

Posted at 5:06 PM on January 25, 2013

Gleeeeeeeeeeeee

pbs

Posted at 5:07 PM on January 25, 2013

what a great performance last night at the end of Gleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!