‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Stefan Gets Sweet Revenge On Elena

Thu, January 24, 2013 11:58pm EDT by 130 Comments
Vampire Diaries Stefan Rebekah Sex
Courtesy of The CW

Maya

Posted at 1:19 AM on January 25, 2013

I looove Stefan in this ep. and I’m very glad that he is at least trying to move on, I was very happy of what he said to Elena (no matter how many negative points you gave it) but I didn’t like what he did with Rebekah that is obviously a rebound. In this episode Elena was just plain selfish after not even waited a day to be with Damon she doesn’t have the right to tell Stefan with who he can be with, I don’t like what the writers are doing with her character, I’m hoping this sire bond crap end up once and for all, so Stefan can really move on for example with Caroline, you have no idea how much I would loove that, first because Caroline’s character has evolved so amazing the way that I think should’ve been Elena’s character and second ’cause if Stefan and Caroline happen that would be the sweetest revenge of all.

delena fan

Posted at 12:40 AM on January 25, 2013

I understand why Elena was mad at Stefan because of Rebecah, but the greater part of me thinks she should not complain so much, she broke his heart after all. Stefan has the right to be bitter and act indifferent towards her. I wonder how much Damon scenes we are going to have next episode, when he is locked in the Salvatore basement. I hope they solve this Kol problem quickly!!! And I want to see Elijah and Katherine back in Mystic Falls ASAP!!!

Chioma

Posted at 12:38 AM on January 25, 2013

Reblogged this on myunpopularthoughts.

Chioma

Posted at 12:35 AM on January 25, 2013

Bonnie is so gullible, it pisses me off. Rebekah is gullible as well so she’s definitely going to be the one to catch feelings and get her heart broken again. As much as I feel for her (at times), I feel like her heart should just be staked permanently?.. Stefan will forever be in love with Elena. Sucks to be him. Team Damon Forever ! ♥

delena fan

Posted at 12:31 AM on January 25, 2013

I loved seeing some Stefan and Rebecah action! I actually found Stefan quite funny this episode, I think Elena realized what the sire bond really can make her do, Matt had a good point. I wish they would find the cure soon so this ridiculous sire bond will end. The most amazing thing this episode was to see Damon and Jeremy’s relationship grow. I mean, Damon begged Jeremy to kill him, but Jeremy just wounded Damon so he could run away. I think Jeremy is starting to realize how much Damon really loves Elena.

For once I actually think Elena’s plan to save Jeremy is a good one. One problem though, who has the white oak stake? Didn’t Kol run away with it???

The scene where Elena begged Damon not to kill Jeremy reminded me a lot of the scene where Stefan is compelled to bite Elena (3×05). The writers are getting a bit lazy, don’t you think? Well, I personally think Damon could have hold it together if Jeremy wasn’t bleeding.

Why do they make Bonnie look so stupid??? I mean, she’s just like Hayley?!?

"A"

Posted at 12:28 AM on January 25, 2013

Stefan was out of this world GREAT tonight with every scene he was in. He finally got to be the bad a s s with the best one liners. FINALLY the writer’s gave us what we wanted!!!!!

Anya Starr

Posted at 12:22 AM on January 25, 2013

I’m happy Stebekah happened and as for delena this episode did you see how Elena made Damon realize he was compelled Epic

jade

Posted at 12:11 AM on January 25, 2013

I’m pretty sure Rebecca compelled Stefan not to care anymore so he doesn’t. Stefan fought compulsion a lot harder then Damon did I wonder why that was (Damon said because Stefan did and then was like nope can’t)? I really hate when people get compelled. I want to see their choices not someone else.

TehD

Posted at 3:09 AM on January 25, 2013

Rebekah didn’t compel Stefan. She explicitly explained why she wouldn’t, and Rebekah is one of the few who isn’t a liar.

Ekk

Posted at 9:37 AM on January 25, 2013

I thought he actually fought it pretty hard…he kept telling Jer to kill him.

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 10:15 AM on January 25, 2013

actually stefan ended up biting elena where as damon was standing right in front of jeremy and able to kill him yet told jeremy to shoot and kill him again so he wouldn’t kill him like kol compelled him to do which would tell me that he actually did fight the compulsion.

kat

Posted at 4:40 PM on January 26, 2013

He only bit her cause he was compelled to turn off his humanity. When Klaus compelled Stefan to bite Elena he told her to run and stopped himself from attacking her. That’s when Klaus realized that the only thing stronger than his love of blood, was his love for Elena. Which is why Stefan was compelled to turn off his humanity. Stefan didn’t tell Elena to kill him before he bit her because she had nothing to kill him with. But he was ready to face the wrath of Klaus for resisting the compulsion.

holly

Posted at 12:01 AM on January 25, 2013

for elena to want her brother to kill kol(and all other vampires he’s created and that they’ve created for the last 1000 years) is just anther example of how selfish she is….this is her worst idea EVER and she’s had all kinds, so it’s really saying something

jade

Posted at 12:12 AM on January 25, 2013

I thought this was really mean too. She has know idea who those other vampires are.

abe

Posted at 11:58 PM on January 24, 2013

……..this frightens me, folks.

olivia

Posted at 11:54 PM on January 24, 2013

DAMON AND ELENA ALL THE WAY AND FOREVER!

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:23 PM on January 26, 2013

Nope it started with Stephen! It will always be Stephen

Tim

Posted at 5:15 PM on January 31, 2013

I agree but, now I hope that Stephen ends up with Rebecka because I’m tired of Elena’s games and her Bella issues. If this was real life going from one brother to another it wouldn’t be anything nice so I’m just saying. When shes not sired any more I hope Stephen sticks with what he’s doing now because I’m so tired of Elena and by the way what is up with Bonnie being so stupid?

Ava

Posted at 11:37 PM on January 24, 2013

Personally, I was glad to see Stefan at least seemed to move on for now, I think I enjoy him being a bit of the bad boy again! And now Elena can’t see Damon while he is compelled by Kol. I think Stefan enjoyed telling Elena that! and when she finds out about Stefan and Rebekah, deep down it will still hurt. I agree, the sire bond needs to end. I’d like to see Damon have a real shot with Elena, at least for awhile. Then it would allow some of the other story lines to play out more. Elena’s idea to have Jeremy kill Kol is her best idea yet. But we know it ain’t easy to kill an Original. Remember when they all used to be so afraid of the originals back in season 2? Now, not so much.

Swiftenators (@Swiftenators)

Posted at 11:17 PM on January 24, 2013

-500 points from Team Delena for trying to kill Jeremy again

TehD

Posted at 3:11 AM on January 25, 2013

Damon was compelled, ergo, nullifies any negative points. Pretty sure Stefan didn’t lose points when he was compelled to (and DID) attack Elena last season.

MEGAN

Posted at 3:59 PM on January 29, 2013

LOL!

Paulena

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 24, 2013

I think a may have gotten extremely misty eyed when I saw Stefan and Rebeka.. I lost all faith and hope in Stelena ever again because after tonight im speechless. I really am sad because I thought Stelena would be forever. Is he trying to use Rebeka so she will trust he wont backstab her again? I dont know but i do know I hate whats going on. I re watch season 1-3 bc i find hope.

jade

Posted at 12:14 AM on January 25, 2013

Rebecca looks him straight in the eye and tells him to stop caring so I think hes compelled to not care.

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:25 PM on January 26, 2013

I agree Stelena forever

kayla

Posted at 11:00 PM on January 24, 2013

i vote team delena for just a couple of reasons first damon is way way better looking and i love the “bad” type and stefan is to soft i bet he thought he was all big n bad for “layin down the law” to elena but really he was just tryin to be just like his brother but no one can be like damon because he is damon i think he wishes he was his brother elena belongs with damon he saw her first stefan is just the person that always says “i just want you to be happy” if you wnated her to be happy you wouldnt be telling her you dont love knowing she’s your everything but she’s damon’s everything to stop thinking about your self you thought you felt bad when you found our that she messed around with damon just think how she is going to feel when she finds out about you and rebekah elena did it without thinking you knew exactly what you were doing you thought it was sweet revenge no you just created more problems for your self and everybody else i dont know if you noticed but your driving elena away even more with this mess and its getting on my nerves if i was elena the day i found out you were a vampire i would have dumped you you better be glad thats not me because it would have been much worst so be happy and keep elena close and stay away from that ugly rebekah ( iam starting to think her brother ,klaus, is better than her and thats a shame) or she is going to ruin your life and you wont even know because she will have you wrapped around her finger like you were sired to her please ou might be knowing if you messed ariund with her you are so pathetic when it comes to people its your fault elena got away not damon,bonnie,jeremy,klaus,rebekah, or anybody but yours so good luck because damon has her know since you wanted to be a “damon act-a-like” so good luck and good night

Ally

Posted at 11:14 PM on January 24, 2013

I say points for Stefan for standing up to Elena. I mean your sleeping with the guys brother do you really expect him to still like you. I hate the crap that Elena always pulls then expect people to still fall over themselves for her. I’m glad Stefan hooked up with rebekah, it seems he might become more interesting now that he doesn’t give a crap about Elena.

Kikuchan

Posted at 11:27 PM on January 26, 2013

This is all a cover up people ! Stephen will always love Elena!

Nesa

Posted at 9:29 PM on January 25, 2013

Your comment is just one big run on sentence. Do you even know how to use a period?

carrie

Posted at 10:40 PM on January 24, 2013

So Stefan is the badass and Damon is the passive whimp. I’m glad that the real tough guy Stefan is showing us just how tough he really is. And as whimpy as Damon is it kind of fits with his character. Remember before he turn and they were at a party talking to real soldiers from the war and Damon got put down by the soldier. Damon was so passive and let the dude show him up. Forget Elena Rebekah is the drop dead gorgeous. chick on this show. Loved this episode

Angela

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 24, 2013

Todays episode was just awesome. Stefan’s words were right on point, totally made my day. He’s better off not loving Elena and being the strongest he’s ever been. Damon needs a wake up call because he’s seriously losing it. Elena’s a dumbass, seriously needs to jump off that bridge once more and get over herself because really not everything is about her anymore. Caroline should end up with klaus. Love the originals, minus Cole. The cure should be found and given to everyone but Elena so she can live with her misery forever. Bonnie’s a lifesaver and will soon find a way to calm everyone down with her badass powers because she’s really being underestimated. Shane needs to get over his rock obsession and come clean, his role is confusing the shit out of me.
So yeah i’ve been a huge fan since season 1. Keep up your work on this site, awesome posts.
Peace :)

Angela

Posted at 10:14 PM on January 24, 2013

Awesome

Monica Anders

Posted at 10:11 PM on January 24, 2013

I feel like the writing is getting so lazy that they just plug Damon and Stefan’s names into scenes from previous seasons and put them in tonight’s ep. It’s frustrating to watch. But I did like that Stefan moved on (in the most Dickish way possible, because he’s always been one deep down), and that Damon did try to protect Jeremy as much as possible.

I’d love for Elena to be a bit more proactive, but part of the problem is this stupid sire bond. I believe she truly does love Damon, that’s not a question for me. But until they get rid of this sire bond storyline, it looms over everything and makes it really hard to actively enjoy the D/E storyline as a whole. I want to, but they’re keeping it tarnished this whole time.

mvk

Posted at 10:07 PM on January 24, 2013

I’m glad Stefan and Rebekka got together. They are a bit more exciting than he and Elena. He was so boring before. But, I think he was a little childish with some of the things he told Elena. The writers have just got Bonnie being stupid. Actually she has been pretty dumb for the last two years.

alex

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 24, 2013

“with stefan”

alex

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 24, 2013

really -30 for being honest, that’s not fair. also I’ve about had it with elena, and her non stop let me hold your face and say i love you blah blah. they should think of other things for her to do because she did all of this stefan

Kaly

Posted at 9:51 PM on January 24, 2013

tbqh Kol’s much more ruthless than Klaus at this point. But Klaus has been kinda a woobie villain for a while.

LOVE STEFAN ♥♥♥♥

Posted at 9:47 PM on January 24, 2013

Stefan moving on from Elena is not negative, its positive. Andy you make Delena always the winner in your scoreboard thing. Its obvious you are a Delena fan. But this week “Stelena” was changed to “Stebekah”. And I love it ♥ And it was not revenge sex,I believe they could feel something for each other..

Justin Burnell

Posted at 9:39 PM on January 24, 2013

Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
Tonight episode of “The Vampire Diaries” was fucking intense.