Jennifer Lawrence Is ‘Glad’ She Lost ‘Twilight’ Role To Kristen Stewart

Fri, December 14, 2012 3:38pm EST by 46 Comments
Jennifer Lawrence Twilight
Courtesy of Lionsgate, Summit Entertainment

Jky

Posted at 5:46 PM on January 11, 2013

Bella all the way. Kristen played her just the way she was and besides she is also prettier. JL wouldn’t have made a beautiful Bella.

cold

Posted at 8:49 AM on January 10, 2013

who in their right mind would like to play a dumb disconnected girl if you can be a heroine, a woman who stands up for her believes. No Bella for me

Natalie24

Posted at 5:44 PM on January 8, 2013

I can only imagine how much better the acting for Bella would have been if Jennifer had got the part. I just don’t think Kristen Stewert is that good an actress. Jennifer is that brilliant an actress she could play so many different characters. Although I do think maybe she was a bit too pretty to play Bella. I think Bellas suppose to be more normal looking, if that makes sense. Although looks arent everything with a character. I am really glad though that Jennifer didn’t get it, because I cant imagine anyone else playing Katniss. I am really glad the casting people for the Hunger Games went with such a high quality actress for the part, It really shows. Physical apearances can be overlooked or changed (to an extent), but acting and being totally convincing as the character cannot. You just know Jennifer will play the character of Katniss amazingly through all the films (with other cast members the standard of acting is brilliant too). Whereas with Twilight I just kept waiting on the acting improving, and it didn’t seem to.

Aria:)

Posted at 8:32 PM on January 16, 2013

Yess! Thats what i mean too! You think maybe twilight will get better maybe she will show pain?? or happiness or maybe a real laugh or something like that BUT NEVER DID IT HAPPEN! Jennifer is an amazing actor and NO ONE could play Katniss better than she could!

Amy

Posted at 6:09 AM on January 5, 2013

I would so rather be Bella coz I love twilight
Kirsten Stuart really plays Bella as I thought
Of her whilst I was reading the books I do
Infact like the hunger games but no way as
Much as twilight.
I 💗 twilight

Lily Pham

Posted at 5:41 PM on January 4, 2013

I didn’t know that Jennifer auditioned for the role of Bella from Twilight but she didn’t get the role. I heard that Miley Cyrus hated Jennifer because of The Hunger Games. Liam Hemsworth plays Gale, Katniss’s love interest and Miley hates her for that. Is that a rumor or is it real?

val2012tarq

Posted at 10:11 AM on December 29, 2012

Thank goodness Katniss didnt become Bella. She’ll just be ruining herself being in twilight. THG has a rebellion starting, amazing, fighter, strong and beautiful (though I would shill love her if she was slenderman… He scares me… ANYWAY…) but she has an amazing personality. Bella… I wrote a whole essay for english on why her character is weak in comparison to many other tv characters including the miller a character by Chaucer.

sydney

Posted at 6:12 PM on December 27, 2012

to be honest i didn’t vote for any of them because in the end of the day they are just 2 movies you watch as entertainment, they’re both good movies and they both have good acting, however they didn’t change me i’m still the same person i was before i watched the movies…but you know we all have different opinions and that was mine

Lucy

Posted at 2:23 PM on December 23, 2012

It’s kinf of depressing that young girls prefer bella over katniss…no wonder that you see most of them caring only about guys instead of being strong, independant and spending more time to form a better personality,,,twilight has sucking rolemodels…and let’s not talk about the acting

Natalie24

Posted at 6:00 PM on January 8, 2013

I know what you mean. I’m probably alot more like Bella. But Katniss (who I do still have quite alot of similarities too) is more would strive to be like. She’s like an amazingly strong and independant and brave version of myself She’s not perfect and has her flaws, butshe pushed through them and she knows how to be self sacrificing and strong and idependant, like you said. In terms of a role model, I know exactly who I would pick, Katiss all the way. At least Katniss can admit that she knows she can be mean and unkind and somewhat selfish at times (more with the romance side of the books/movie). But with Bellas she just wines and seems to make constant excuses for her herself, and constantly uses people, but acts so innocent about it. The girls who say Bella are probably just saying it more because of Edward. Although I think Peeta is 100 times better. I would pick Peeta over Edward anyday.

Aria:)

Posted at 8:34 PM on January 16, 2013

Because Peetas caring and does more to help other people infront of himself. Josh was great for the part

fran

Posted at 9:09 AM on December 20, 2012

who wants to play Bella is clearly not in her right mind

Pechilvr

Posted at 4:58 AM on December 19, 2012

Again HL forgets to get a proof reader or hit the spell checker! “They are both got their start in an indie film.”

And they dont have their facts right either. Kristen co starred in “The Panic Room” with A lister Jodi Foster

Pechilvr

Posted at 4:59 AM on December 19, 2012

That wasnt an Indie film either

ruby

Posted at 11:31 AM on December 18, 2012

I think Jennifer has the upper hand as an actress, but Kristen is epic in her own way. Still love them both though!! <3

Mary wilson

Posted at 7:50 AM on December 18, 2012

Kristen will always be the underdog. But we don’t know tomorrow. Who cares if Robert Pattinson is her boyfriend; better than winning as Oscar to me.

Key

Posted at 5:48 PM on January 11, 2013

I always root for the underdog lol. Go Kristen!!! Luv that girl.

Rubielou Regalado

Posted at 10:14 PM on December 17, 2012

theyre both good in their own ways. kristen is good at being bella, jen is good at being katniss, so whats the big deal???!!

happy

Posted at 7:58 AM on December 16, 2012

I think the fans are happy too that jennifer didden`t make the part of bella

jenna

Posted at 6:32 PM on December 15, 2012

what’s wrong with you people?how the hell you would prefer Bella’s role over Katniss?I hope it is just because you haven’t read the Hunger Games…Bella is a really weak character and boring….only when she becomes a vampire is a bit more interesting but she is…erm…dead…? Katniss is a HUMAN and she is so strong and indepented.She doesn’t need a boy to survive nor her family and her friends to fight for her…she fights by herself and she becomes the symbol of rebellion!she defies the Capitol and starts an uprising….!and you still prefer Bella….omg

lila

Posted at 6:29 PM on December 15, 2012

Jennifer is always so good when they ask her about these comparisons….her answer showed respect and admiration and not jealously….and why she should be jealous?Kristen is maybe the most hated young celebrity because of her role and is is sooooo hard to take her seriously as an actress after Twilight….because she is actually good…i mean she was very good in welcome to the rileys and the runaways but in twilight she totally sucked…Jennifer is so talented….she was incredible as Katniss and she has already and Oscar nomination and i am pretty sure she will have another with the Silver Linings Playbook…no one can deny her talent….and the thing she said is so true…it is so hard to star in a huge movie so young!

love

Posted at 6:24 PM on December 15, 2012

Aww my baby Jennifer!of course you wouldn’t get the part.you are too good to play such a boring character!And how the hell Bella wins in the poll?you would prefer to play a girl that can’t do anything without her bfriend that a strong girl who starts a rebellion?people these days….

the truth

Posted at 11:02 AM on December 16, 2012

yes jen wouldn’t get the part because kristen acting skill more better than her. deal with it!

Kate

Posted at 2:19 PM on December 23, 2012

please….stewart can’t act at all

hyhryj

Posted at 4:57 PM on December 15, 2012

lol…jennifer is jealous…..

dya

Posted at 8:19 AM on December 15, 2012

i’m not team katniss or bella but i always team Kristen. i know there are so many young talented actress but i still prefer kristen. no matter what people said about her she always being herself. kristen is so amazing.

marianformal

Posted at 8:54 AM on January 5, 2013

yah thats right

Ella bolira

Posted at 8:03 AM on December 15, 2012

kristen stewart + bella swan cullen = the best who is the stupid katniss

Lina

Posted at 2:20 PM on December 23, 2012

Who is the stupid katniss? a charater who is actually independant, strong, a fighter… a character that has her own personality and doesn’t just care about a glowing dumpire

alwaysthewallflower

Posted at 5:24 PM on December 14, 2012

Reblogged this on alwaysthewallflower.

pamela

Posted at 5:20 PM on December 14, 2012

I think that when Jennifer is asked about Kristen or just talk about Kristen, she is always defensive. She always feels the need to say: I dont care, I wouldnt want this role anyway, she is not that good, blabla bla… Just shut up already! Its clear to me that they both are talented and are both totally differents but Kristen doesnt care about Jennifer and is not defending herself each time someone talk about Jennifer, she couldnt care less. We dont really know Mz Lawrence yet so people are less judgemental and think that she is perfect. Maybe she does drug or is always drunk in bars but nobody cares and the papz dont chase her cause she is not as relevant as she seems to think! My opinion!

reiko

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 14, 2012

Actually paparazzi chase her all over the place. And ask yourself honestly if the role of Bella helped Kristen or hurt her in the long term. In hindsight it’s not the best role to showcase her as an actress. If Jennifer got the role she would have had to deal with all that attention when she was 17 and would not have had a chance to build her career. Kristen didn’t know what she was getting into either. It made her famous and a lot of money, but I guarantee that she has regrets about it too. I wonder if Kristen would have taken the role if she knew it would be that big and overshadow her career. Kristen now has to live down the Twilight films to progress as an actress.

Maria Clara

Posted at 12:07 AM on December 15, 2012

How do you know Jennifer would be as popular as Kristen? Who’ll be the leading man? Not Robert Pattinson. Things do happen for a reason; it’s called destiny!

olivia

Posted at 4:02 PM on December 14, 2012

LENA ONE IM WITH YOU-TWO JENNIFER WOULD HAVE BEEN A HORRIBLE BELLA SWAN CULLEN ONLY KRISTEN WAS THE PERFECT ACTRESS FOR THE ROLE!

therightchoice

Posted at 4:58 PM on December 14, 2012

They made the right choice with Kristen Stewart. Jennifer Lawrence is too good to play a whiney, wimpy girl who is totally dependent on her boyfriend and has to turn herself into something completely other than what she is to feel like she is worth anything. Jennifer as Katniss is perfection – as wimpy Bella – no.

Miley

Posted at 5:51 PM on January 11, 2013

yeah they made the right choice cause she’s too huge and ugly to play Bella you got that right!!

lena

Posted at 3:52 PM on December 14, 2012

I love Kristen Stewart style. Therefore Kristen fan.

Woody88

Posted at 3:43 PM on December 14, 2012

Kristen deserves credit for staying grounded and functional in the face of a fantastic array of media, self, and fan induced drama. Her Daily Show visit was a good example of moving forward “no matter what”.