‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: The Holidays Bring Death To Mystic Falls

Thu, December 13, 2012 10:13pm EDT by 56 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 9
Courtesy of The CW

Denise

Posted at 4:54 PM on February 7, 2013

Watched an entire season while laid up. Used to really like this show, but realize now that without a week between shows to forget most of the content this show is the same thing recycled over and over including the characters that are never gone… always brought back. Pretty hard to care about what might happen; or what is happening when the whole thing is always undone in the end anyway. This is what killed Heroes.

Patricia anyanga

Posted at 7:13 AM on February 7, 2013

Hi guyz am from kenya realy dyn hard wid vd series wish could jst see dem faceto face mob love stephan

marie

Posted at 4:58 PM on December 26, 2012

I love damon….bt for me its stelena all d way,is it me or doesn’t sleeping with damon make her slutty afterall its her ex brother and dey just broke up a day or 2 ago

Lara

Posted at 9:13 AM on January 10, 2013

definitely slutty

Eloise

Posted at 7:44 AM on December 21, 2012

When, Jeremy say Elaine not his sister. And, he wants kill her. He means it. Cause,one they do have different parents. Her mom was a vmpire.

Her Dad was her adopted dad brother remember.
And, he lost two girlfriends . And., he lost Alaric. That how his sister became a vampire.
Why shouldn’t Jeremy want to kill Elaine human or vampire. So please keep Elaine a vampire. It is in her jeans. Let her and Damon be happy for ones.

Bethany

Posted at 6:13 AM on December 21, 2012

Even though Damon didn’t tell Elena to go away and never think about him again, if you think about it that wouldn’t have been fair to her either. One thing we do know about the sire bond is that it only happened because Elena had real feelings for Damon before she became a vampire. And also, it already looked like her and Stefan were having problem’s. In most every scene this season with the two of them she was crying or upset or he was guilt tripping her about something. She even said she was tired of crying all of the time. The trust and friendship she has with Damon built over time in the absence of Stefan. They were apart for a long time and Stefan did many things to break her heart even after he was no longer being compelled to by Klaus. Then all of a sudden he just wants to pick up where he left off without so much as an “I’m sorry”? So why should Damon use the sire bond to force Elena back to Stefan when it is not clear at this point if anyone but Stefan wants that? Elena didn’t just change after becoming a vampire. She had already changed. Stefan just hadn’t gotten a chance to fully comprehend that fact before he let her die. Damon was part of that evolution just as she has been a part of his. So although Damon didn’t send her back to Stefan and tell her to stop loving him, his careful choice of words when he said “I am setting you free” may have been even more important and selfless. After all, how can Stefan be so sure that Elena’s feelings toward him really haven’t changed? Therefore, why wouldn’t Damon and Elena deserve as much of a chance at happiness as her and Stefan? And from the looks of it her and Stefan haven’t been happy for a long time.

Jessie

Posted at 1:31 PM on December 20, 2012

Ok when the other half of the season returns I bet everyone who diss approves of Delena that Delena will at least still be together when the show returns.

Sarah

Posted at 7:42 PM on December 16, 2012

I really enjoyed this episode, though I was also surprised at how upset I was with Carol’s death. Her character had grown on me over the years and she was one of the only parent’s actively involved in her son’s life. A coworker at DISH and I are now trying to figure out what Tyler will do in retaliation against Klaus. He killed the last person that Tyler had, so I am sure their confrontation will not go over well. With all of the developments in this episode, the wait for the second half of the season is going to be tough. I am really glad that I can cope, by re-watching the first half of the season recorded on my DISH Hopper. I have been using the 2,000 hours of recording space to record all of the seasons of my favorite shows. It also helps that I can fast forward through the commercials on my recordings, getting me back to the action quicker. Though Klaus may have once again turned to the dark side, it was clear how upset he was at having to kill all of the hybrids and Carol. I really hope that Tyler doesn’t react too spontaneously when he finds out, because it seems Klaus is no longer keen on playing games.

Linak