90210 Recap: Vanessa’s Return Puts Annie & Liam In Danger

Mon, December 10, 2012 11:09pm EST by 7 Comments
90210 Season 5 Episode 9
Courtesy of The CW

‘Lannie’ has finally been reunited, albeit in the clutches of two murderous psychopaths.

If you watched the 30-second promo for the winter finale of 90210, you pretty much saw the entire episode, as The CW literally gave away the three biggest twists: Naomi (AnnaLegend McCord) discovered that Alec is in love with Max, Liam (Matt Lanter) found himself tied up in a basement, and Teddy (Trevor Donovan) told Silver (Jessica Stroup) he didn’t want her to have their baby without him. But even without any so-called ‘surprises,’ the Dec. 10 episode was still as enjoyable an hour as ever. It’s always been about the nuances with this show, people. The nuances!

Riley (Riley Smith) decided to go ahead with an experimental spinal procedure that will either grant him the ability to walk, or kill him. Not that I don’t have complete faith in Riley’s doctor, but given Annie’s (Shenae Grimes) history with guys, I’m already laying flowers on Riley’s grave. Let’s be real. And speaking of Annie, that blog she started — the one called “My Blog” — inspired her to apply for a writing course that would send her to Scotland for two years. I hope that doesn’t happen, because I don’t want to see Annie date the Loch Ness Monster next season. (She dates everyone, and would definitely love add Nessie to her list if the opportunity presented itself.)

Meanwhile, that slut Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) tried super hard to win back Dixon (Tristan Wilds), but he was having absolutely none of it. He was also having none of his crutches, which he tossed to the ground, revealing he can walk now. Then he came clean to Megan (Jessica Parker Kennedy) about her dad dying in the same car accident that ‘paralyzed’ him, which is apparently a huge turn-on for her, because she responded with a big wet kiss.

And then there’s Silver, who’s somehow already in a custody battle when she’s not even pregnant. Teddy and Shane (Ryan Rottman) are fully ready to knock Silver up just so they can snatch that little baby from her uterus, then change its name and smuggle it back to Washington, D.C. … Come to think of it, that would be a much better concept for The New Normal. I’d watch that show.

90210 doesn’t return with new episodes until the end of January, which leaves us more than a month to ponder what will happen next: Who will save Liam from Ashley’s evil clutches? Will Riley survive his spinal surgery? Which available human will Adrianna latch onto next? Drop a comment with your theories!

— Andy Swift

More 90210 news:

1. 90210 Recap: Colin Is Exposed — Along With Liam’s Sex Tape
  2. 90210 Scoop: Rob Mayes Previews Colin’s Big Reveal
  3. 90210 Scoop: Liam & Annie Finally Reunite Over A Dark Secret

Marina

Posted at 8:19 PM on January 23, 2013

Just watched the episode yesterday! And Annie gets shot!! So… Im waiting until Monday the 27th to see if Annie dies!! Fingers crossed that she doesnt die!

Emma

Posted at 6:30 AM on December 27, 2012

Lannie HAVE to get back together ! personally i think its okay if teddy wants to be in the babies life but he should move back . you cant expect a baby to go from country to country every month =]

Fran

Posted at 2:22 PM on December 12, 2012

Your recaps are so funny! I’m still laughing!

marina

Posted at 5:59 AM on December 12, 2012

Not enough Lannie in this episode :(

Ray

Posted at 3:30 PM on December 11, 2012

I think we all guessed that Alec was in love with Max, I’m glad that’s covered. I think Alec is sticking around a little longer though. Baby daddy-daddy drama with Silver wasn’t really interesting to watch. Honestly, silver has the worst luck ever! Dixon controlling Ade’s hair color was quite laughable, who would do that? Apparently Dixon. Speaking of, I’m liking his scenes with Megan. Liam, guy can’t catch a break either. I hated that he was so easily “taken down” by Ashley. He should hire Riley as his trainer and swap Annie stories. LOL. Annie pursuing writing, it’s not acting, but I’m glad she’s doing something other than offending Riley each episode. Naomi, whom also offends her husband -although not intending to- jumps in to try and save the day but ends up pushing Max out of the country and all the way to Iceland. Poor girl, her marriage sucks for the most part. Vanessa, or whatever her name is, is very much the same person, girl loves money but I suppose it’s nice to have compensation. I knew Vanessa would be the one to team up with Annie, I hated the idea, so it had to be true. I also hated that Lannie had little screen time :(

cheri

Posted at 1:21 PM on December 11, 2012

It seems to me that Vanessa is a better person then Ashley. I knew something was up with her, but I didn’t know she would go to that extreme. I hope Annie stays and she and Liam get back together. I have so many other shows on Monday nights that having the DISH Hopper allows me not to worry about any DVR conflicts, since I can record up to six shows at once. A co-worker of mine from DISH thinks that Teddy should leave Silver alone and just let her raise the baby by herself. I cannot believe Shane has convinced he that they should be in the baby’s life. I feel bad for Silver. This was a great mid-season finale, and I cannot wait for it to come back.

Nathan Watson

Posted at 9:12 AM on December 12, 2012

I think that if Teddy and Shane want to be part of the baby’s life they should move back to California because otherwise it would spend half the year on the other side of the country to the other parent and I don’t think a child should have to go through that. Especially seeing as Teddy essentially put Silver in this awkward position.