‘iCarly’ & Miranda Cosgrove Say ‘iGoodbye’ To Fans With Series Finale

Sat, November 24, 2012 9:09am EDT by 72 Comments 19,401 Article Views
iCarly Series Finale
Courtesy of Nickelodeon

It’s a sad day for Nickelodeon fans as ‘iCarly’ ended its seven season run on Nov. 23 with a heart-wrenching series finale. Plus, Miranda Cosgrove reacts to the series finale!

Carly Shay’s (Miranda Cosgrove) days have sadly come to an end as iCarly’s series finale episode “iGoodbye” aired on Friday Nov. 23.

The final episode of iCarly was the perfect blend of sweet goodbyes and ridiculous comedy that made the show such a hit for the last five years.

In the series’ swan song, Carly revealed that her father, who was been in the military for the entirety of the series, wasn’t able to return for a father-daughter dance. In a shocking twist, he made it back, but had to return to Italy that very same night. That’s when he got the idea of having Carly join him, so the family reunion turned into a goodbye party as Carly left to live with her dad while her friends stayed behind. So sad.

“Watched iGoodbye with the cast tonight. Just wanted to say thanks to all of them and [executive producer Dan Schneider] for all the great memories :)” Miranda tweeted on Nov. 24.

In May 2012, Dan told TVGuide.com, “Everyone at iCarly has been like family to me for five years. When we film our very last scene, there will be a lot of crying, I know. But I also know that in television, you don’t want to over-stay your welcome. I want to go out the way we are — on a creative high-note.”

We definitely felt the sadness during the Nov. 23 series finale. Did you?

— Chris Rogers

More Miranda Cosgrove:

1. Miranda Cosgrove Stuns On ‘Teen Vogue’ June Cover
  2. One Direction’s ‘iCarly’ Episode Will Make Them Superstars
  3. Miranda Cosgrove Tells Teens To Stop Tanning & Stay Safe In The Sun

Jeffstar

Posted at 3:02 PM on August 16, 2014

Its soooooo sad that icarly finished and anybody has there email please say make new epsiode please

Cleo

Posted at 4:06 PM on July 29, 2014

No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

brandon

Posted at 11:28 PM on July 24, 2014

I just really hope icarly is returning and it will last a long time like before it ended

brandon

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 24, 2014

I’m just so so sad I Carly ended many reasons one I couldn’t still went on and it was my favorite show I just wish it hadn’t ended and was still going on

Danielle Dysert

Posted at 3:36 PM on June 5, 2014

Don’t worry peeps who love icarly I have there emails and phone number in 2015 there coming back cuz of me!

anna

Posted at 2:41 PM on June 6, 2014

ok give me there email and there phone number if u lie ur a bully

Dharshia

Posted at 9:32 PM on April 22, 2014

please come back
i miss icarly already
it was the best thing to happen to nick

Cat

Posted at 9:28 AM on April 21, 2014

Check out my youtube to cheer you up! Its TheCrafters sub and i’ll get iCarly back

Cat

Posted at 9:19 AM on April 21, 2014

I loved icarly I want sam to move back to Seattle with Cat to. Then they could all do iCarly. I wonder why it ended when everyone on the cast was happy with the show?

Ryan

Posted at 5:10 PM on April 13, 2014

I Think That Carly Should Move Back To Seattle And Sam Leaves Cat Because Cat Found A New Roommate.

Cat

Posted at 9:24 AM on April 21, 2014

No not nessisarily leave her alone…
I think Cat should go back to victorious and she should bethe star then she would be happy then Sam could leave. And GO BACK ON ICARLY WHEN CARLY IS OUT OF COLLENGE!

Great plan right?!? :P :D :)

teana

Posted at 1:33 AM on March 22, 2014

they should have it where carly moves back and sam finds out about it and she wants to go hang out with carly again but dosnt want to leave cat because shes on sam and cat so sam asks cat to move to seatle and then ya they r all part of i carly

Carla Edon

Posted at 12:42 PM on February 21, 2014

hi im 18 years old and im a fan of icarly it was sad so let me know if theres gonna be a new icarly show on tv in the uk

Nat

Posted at 8:47 PM on January 1, 2014

Sam and Gibby (it doesn’t seem like it ) and spencer all ready graduated she didnt

Nat

Posted at 8:46 PM on January 1, 2014

icarly stopped because Miranda was younger than everyone else she had to go to college and no one could fill in for her everyone else already graduated

Cat

Posted at 9:20 AM on April 21, 2014

OH! well she can come back after college and continue right?!?

Amber

Posted at 12:53 PM on December 8, 2013

Why can’t u come back I miss ur shows: (

Julia

Posted at 4:55 PM on November 13, 2013

Hy did icarly ended because it was a great show. If they start icarly again when will that be?

Danielle Dysert

Posted at 3:41 PM on June 5, 2014

Icarly will come back in 2015 I asked Carly and Sam they said yes it will be called ISeeCarly

Nathaly R

Posted at 6:36 PM on September 11, 2013

WHY does icarly have to end I am so so so sad and I’m only 9. When I was sad I always watched icarly and it will make me feel much better I can’t believe it is over. What will make me happy again. Please put icarly again I am so so sad. I cry so much in the last episode and I have nothing to cheer me up when I am sad. Well bye icarly I will miss you.:(

charity

Posted at 4:12 AM on March 20, 2014

so sad sweety sorry watch sam n cat may cheer u up

Cat

Posted at 9:27 AM on April 21, 2014

Yaa it’s ok mabey after Carly is out of college wich should be in a year…
SHE CAN START IT UP AGAIN!!!

Dharshia

Posted at 9:34 PM on April 22, 2014

i feel the same way :(
i wish they would start it again :)

Crystal

Posted at 9:48 PM on August 31, 2013

Icarly shouldn’t of ended. It was a really great show and they should’ve kept it going untill their college years. It’s was so great and when I watched the last episode I was in tears. I know they made Sam and cat, and they made gibby but it won’t be the same without the whole cast. This show was really the best. I hope they decide to bring it back! We
Love you Carly Sam and Freddy!

isaiah

Posted at 11:04 PM on August 19, 2013

We love you miss you Full house,victorious and especially ICARLY

full house fan

Posted at 10:57 PM on August 19, 2013

Why couldn’t Full house have ended that way it was bigger than ever before

john stamos

Posted at 10:59 PM on August 19, 2013

I know right I have all full houses dad’s they should have put the final bow in special features on the complete eighth season dvd

isaiah

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 19, 2013

You mean you have all full houses DVD’s

Katie

Posted at 6:28 AM on July 10, 2013

Sam and freddie should of gotten back together!!!!! That would at least make it a little better in the end!! A happy “kiss” to end the show, and Sam stays and lives with spencer or something so freddie and Sam could see eachother all the time:) ugh why did icarly have to end I loved it so much:((( in the last episode I was crying so so so much, and I couldn’t stop:( go Icarly, hope you return Carly and I hope there are more shows:)

Jeffrey