‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Stefan & Elena’s Relationship Takes A Dive

Thu, November 15, 2012 9:43pm EDT by 120 Comments
Vampire Diaries Stefan Elena Break Up
Courtesy of The CW

Meghan

Posted at 12:11 AM on December 21, 2012

I don’t know how much more of this Delena crap I can take. It seriously makes me sick even seeing them in the same room.

Britney

Posted at 10:13 PM on November 29, 2012

I just want to say this. all of you delena fans are for Delena because you like the whole bad boy persona hence why some of you get your heart broken. Look at the big picture here nomatter what happens Stefan always puts Elena first. I think Demon fight so hard for Elena because of what happen with Katherine. He just want his brothers girl, but in reality his getting Stefan’s second. Stefan should say fuck Elena and get someone ten times better then a girl who lust after his brother and LOVES HIM.

Elle

Posted at 3:45 PM on November 28, 2012

I think if you disappear for months slaughtering innocent people, return just to keep your ex safe as a livkng blood bag, then threaten to drive her off the same bridge where she almost died alkng with her parents as part of a revenge plot, then she’s entitled to a few trust issues, and you need to just shut up and try to earn her trust back instead of expecting everything to magically return to normal.

Elle

Posted at 3:39 PM on November 28, 2012

I’m a huge Delena fan, but I have to say that I was a bit pissed at Stefan for what he said to Elena when they broke up: how he understood her caring for Damon when he was the Ripper, but doesn’t anymore. It may have been months for us viewers, but in Mystic falls it wasn’t that long ago that Stefan disappeared for months as the Ripper and Klaus’ s new bestie, and while it might not have been his fault initially, he still destroyed everyone’s trust (esp. Elena’s) in a major way. Damon meanwhile was there for her that entire time, they bonded with eachother because they were trying to save Stefan. For him to then get all pissy because she trusts Damon more than she trusts him right now (after catching him.in cahoots with Klaus again) is just offensive.

SnwBnny2012

Posted at 12:59 PM on November 25, 2012

I’ve been dying for Elena and Damon to get together. As a human, Elena brought out the best in Damon. As a vampire, Damon can do the same for her. I’m getting tired of Elena whining about becoming a vampire, and Stefan wasn’t helping any, essentially convincing her that she needs to stay as “human” as possible. Damon loved her as a human and loves her as a vampire, something Stefan can’t really hold up to – he wants the “human” Elena back. Furthermore, Stefan does not trust Elena to make her own decisions and treats her like a weak female who needs to be protected (most of the time putting her in more danger by keeping secrets). Damon, on the other hand, has always recognized that Elena is competent to make her own decisions. I think Elena’s character can’t grow any more being attached to Stefan, but she can continue to evolve and become a stronger character with Damon.

Ash

Posted at 4:06 PM on November 23, 2012

I have always been a Delena Fan from he day 1, seeing Damon grow through out the series has been a pleasure, Stephan never had any chracter development he’s always been Stephan but Damon has gone from bad ass evil to bad ass caring and his relationship with elana is beautifully written and they have had 3 season to fall for eachother. Damon will love every aspect of Elena her human and vampire side but Stephan can only love Elena’s huma side.

Minette

Posted at 3:59 PM on November 22, 2012

OMW I swear I would die if Stefan and Elena don’t get back together…what I watched the episode I cried my eyes out at the end and after that I watched it again like almost 4 times and cried every time…I would do anything for then 2 get back together,the story just won’t be the same if they don’t but I also LOVE Damon and he is super hot and also is Stefan but Stefan and Elena are just like meant 2 be I can’t imagine The Vampire Diaries without them being together.

Tegan

Posted at 5:11 PM on January 6, 2013

I agree completely!! I will stop watching if Stefan and Elena don’t get back together!

Minette

Posted at 3:59 PM on November 22, 2012

maria

Posted at 10:17 PM on November 20, 2012

Delena forever, If ever two people meant to be together its Damon and Elena

Team Stefan

Posted at 1:39 PM on November 20, 2012

Delena is disgusting. Stelena 4ever

Shannon

Posted at 4:10 PM on November 20, 2012

Stelena is the high school love but it is shallow they barely new each other before they reached destination couple! They slept together after being together for what 2 weeks?! Delena have had time to get to know each other on every level they have the truly epic love of the show and I believe 100% that the writers have planned from day one to make them endgame that’s why it has taken so long to develop all the aspects of their realationship! It has been a beautiful journey to watch Delena Always !!!<3333

pbjmub

Posted at 9:27 PM on November 27, 2012

Apparently you_are blind! Have You not seen Damon??!!

Anonymous

Posted at 6:29 PM on November 18, 2012

What happens, say, if Katherine and Elena are both cured…Then which one would Stefan choose????

cheri

Posted at 8:28 AM on November 18, 2012

I am so excited to see Damon and Elena together finally! I have been waiting for them to get together for a long time, and finally the producers are getting it right. At first, I didn’t really think I would like this show, but a co-worker from DISH convinced me to check it out, and now I have been watching it ever since. I have so many other shows on Wednesday nights that having the DISH Hopper allows me not to worry about any DVR conflicts, since I can record up to six shows at once. I love this season, because they are bringing in a few different stories and combining them all. I cannot wait to see what will happen when Jeremy is a full vampire hunter!

Jasmin

Posted at 7:06 PM on November 17, 2012

Stefan plz dnt go after Elena again for your own dignity!! I mean how mny times will u do everyting elena says!! I want Stefan to rise from this situation!! no mopping!!! I want a new love interest introduced for him aswell!!!

Kisa Ibrahim (@icedrama710)

Posted at 6:17 PM on November 17, 2012

I have a countdown on my phone to NOVEMBER 29TH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited! Stelena break up better be permanent! =) *fingers crossed*
Delena FOREVER! =) i
i like Klaroline and Forwood though, so……. I’m really really really happy and really really really sad :/

vampireexper

Posted at 8:09 AM on November 17, 2012

klaroline and delena???ok 29 november is going to be my lucky day!

Lexi64

Posted at 12:09 PM on November 17, 2012

Hell yeess!! I can’t waittt!

:D :D

Posted at 7:30 AM on November 17, 2012

YEss, watch it for the show!! Best show ever!! I’m Delena fan, but i don’t hate stefan, Hottest brothers ever!!

Delena

Posted at 3:15 AM on November 17, 2012

I think Stelena fans need to stop with this ‘oh we’re not watching anymore’ stuff cause in all honesty Delena fans (who make up a majority of the shows fans) have waited for 2 to nearly 3 season for ‘stelena’ to finally break up so that delena could happen and yes we weren’t entirely happy that Stelena was together but we sucked it up because of our love for the show. The least you could do is show the same courtesy because Stefan has hurt Elena more times than I can count and she’s returned the favour but neither of them has ever been on the outside looking in like Damon has. He’s been hurt so many times and yet he still tries to make Elena happy and at that time that included Stefan. The next time you think Stefan and Elena are meant to be, think about that.

Lea Neeson

Posted at 5:56 PM on November 17, 2012

Not only that :D but for one thing, the show is only BASED on the books – they could flip the relationship back and forth nine times before the series ends. For another thing, I like Damon and Elena together because Stefan is mean when Damon makes any progress with Elena, but Damon has allowed Stefan to be #1 with grace most of the time.

Elena needs to take some time and be on her own, no rebounding, and feel her vampirey self on her own before she chooses anyone. She also needs to deal with Jeremy 0.0

Sunaina Kunwar

Posted at 4:17 AM on November 18, 2012

STELENA FOREVER…They are made for each other….She’ll be back to Stefan for sure <3 <3

Claudia

Posted at 12:38 PM on November 18, 2012

Oh my god you literally read my thoughts, I so agree with you. We have waited 3 long seasons to see delena together and still we have watched Elena choose Stefan several times over Damon. Now for everyone’s sake let us delena fans be happy for a while. I am so excited for the next episode, I can’t stop watching the promo.. Finally. But honestly I don’t want to expect too much because the producers have been taking it slow with delena and that’s why I’m surprised that they already broke up Stelena. But don’t get me wrong I’m NOT complaining ;).

At the end of it all, I will always hope for delena. They are meant to be together. :)

stelena fan

Posted at 2:30 AM on November 17, 2012

THEY MAKE R PERFECT COUPLE N THEY WERE.MEANT TO BE TOGETHER…… STEFAN SHOULD NEVER LET GO OF ELENA….

stelena fan

Posted at 3:39 AM on November 17, 2012

I hope that stefan and elena will be together again at the end of the season. Lets hope for the best….

stelena fan

Posted at 8:44 AM on November 17, 2012

Im a stelena fan and tbh elena is being such a bitch. ive wanted them to be together and they finally did. stefan has finally grew some balls and finished her. shes gt so sickening and tbh shes just turning out like damon! there perfect for eachother inthe worst ways possible ! i hope stefan goes and gets some vamp sex!

brooke

Posted at 12:06 PM on November 17, 2012

i agree!! they are perfect for eachother. i think that damon is hot but hes not right for elena!!

Minette

Posted at 4:34 PM on November 22, 2012

II totally agree…the story just won’t be the same without Stefan and Elena being together

Shannon

Posted at 7:52 PM on November 22, 2012

@minnet you’re right it won’t be the same and that’s the point it will be be better because Delena is a whole new adventure and it will be beautiful!!!

anna

Posted at 2:25 AM on November 17, 2012

I WISH STEFAN N ELENA R BACK 2GETHER COS THEY MAKE R WONDERFUL COUPLE, N I THINK THEY WERE MEANT 2 BE TOGETHER…….

delena fan

Posted at 7:43 PM on November 16, 2012

I think Elena’s hallucinations were very honest and because they were produced by her own mind, they knew how to hurt her the most. What Katherine said made me think about Stefan’s and Elena’s relationship a lot. K said that Stefan started to hate her as soon as he found out the truth about her and me and all delena fans think that stelena can’t survive with her being a vampire,, because Stefan hates himself to much and thinks of himself as a monster and a killer and therefore he can’t look at Elena the same way because now she has become a “monster” like him. The only hallucination I thought was really unfair, but probably something she was thinking about and blaming herself with no good reason (like most humans do) was when Connor blamed her for the death of her parents.

delena fan

Posted at 7:41 PM on November 16, 2012

I loved this episode, it was so sweet with Damon. And Damon actually told the truth about Stefan’s lies! And he honored his brother’s feelings even more than when he told Elena that he loves her (and then compelled her to forget) in season 2. I think Damon is the one character that has developed the most throughout the series.

delena fan

Posted at 7:41 PM on November 16, 2012

So do you think this professor shane is silas? And if you don’t, then what kind of supernatural creature is he?

Anonymous

Posted at 6:25 PM on November 18, 2012

Thats exactly what i thought when he was giving that lecture about Silas.

Anna

Posted at 6:46 PM on November 16, 2012

Using your own words RIP TVD for me, Hello Arrow.

Shannon

Posted at 6:43 PM on November 16, 2012

On a side note I love the Damon Jeremy exchanges :) I hope to see Deremy develop into Dalaric the next generation but seeing as how Jer is a full fledged member of the 5 it might be difficult

jncarriere

Posted at 4:47 PM on November 16, 2012

I’m a Damon Fan and even I can say that Stelena fans shouldn’t worry because the breakup isn’t going to stick and Delena are not going to have Dex. Stefan broke up with Elena because he wants to find a cure to bring back the non vampire Elena which is the only version of Elena he can love.Since he doesn’t want to continue keeping secrets from her ect breaking up was the easiest way to keep doing it and not having to tell her what he is up to or may have to do to get the cure.