‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Stefan & Elena’s Relationship Takes A Dive

Thu, November 15, 2012 9:43pm EDT by 120 Comments
Vampire Diaries Stefan Elena Break Up
Courtesy of The CW

wouldn't You like to know :D

Posted at 5:09 AM on November 16, 2012

i’m a Delena fan but come on guys! we all know that elena will be crawling back to stefan one way or another. Klaus said so himself ¨that kind of love never dies¨ and he’s usually right. Damon has suffered a lot ,does Elena really deserve him? I think that they’re gonna find the cure at the season final , Elena going to becomes human and go back to stefan and once again crush damon heart as always.
PS excuse my english
and I love Klaroline

Delena Forever :)

Posted at 5:14 AM on November 16, 2012

You’re so right.

maayan hened

Posted at 5:02 AM on November 16, 2012

i didn’t seen the episode yet but it sound like the perfect episode .
delana and Klaroline in one episode sound like perfact episode
and it what i always wanted
cant wait to see it

d.harris

Posted at 4:51 AM on November 16, 2012

wonderful analysis andy,fingers crossed.

Millenton

Posted at 4:50 AM on November 16, 2012

The vampire diaries has always been a love story. The love triangle method has been for ages effective because having tag-team couples increases the fan base so if stelena’s gone, there’s always delena and other hot couples in the show to increase attention. stefan may have been turned like an idiot but it’s what a real love story would contain in order to know who really loves who. Some times you’ll have to lose the girl and know what you want for yourself not because you want that person but because you need him/her. both Damon and stefan need elena and she needs them and want them both so maybe a break-up would bring about a change to himself and the entire show. the important thing is knowing how this love story ends.

jill

Posted at 3:45 AM on November 16, 2012

Yes Stefen you stood up to Elena and her i love you but. Don’t walk away RUN!!! Elena and Damon will last 2 esp. and she will want you back, do not take her back! Damon slept with Kat. and her birth mother yuk! You are to good for her. Find someone Damon haven’t slept with oh they will have to bring some one new to the show! Tip to Elena when you hit it with Damon don’t run your fingers in his hair plugs they may come out!!!

Vanessa

Posted at 12:51 AM on November 16, 2012

im happy that elena and stefan are not together now.

Cam

Posted at 12:39 AM on November 16, 2012

Well this was an interesting turn. As someone who has loved Damon and wanted him to finally get the girl, I’m happy that Elena and Stefan parted ways. But I have to say, its a shame that the writers are making out that its Elena’s dark side that is attracting her to Damon. She loved him before when she was human, he “consumed” her, if that’s not love what is?! The problem isn’t that she didn’t love him enough, its that Stefan can’t love her as a vampire. Damon doesn’t judge Elena, or guilt trip her, he’s honest and direct and has helped her for her sake and Stefan’s, not because he wanted to get her back. This episode showed that. I really really hope that Stefan doesn’t treat Damon badly now, but he always does, so I’m guessing that Stefan will have some bitterness towards his brother. I love Damon and I want him to be happy, I just hope the writers do him some justice and give the Delena fans some amazing scenes!

Jay

Posted at 12:12 AM on November 16, 2012

I want to see Stefan find another love interest, for the time being, maybe one day they’ll find their way back to each other, but now, it’s on pause for Stelena and a go for Delena. But that break up scene, Paul Wesley had me so convinced, it felt painful to watch. I’m excited to see how this all plays out.

Anna

Posted at 11:44 PM on November 15, 2012

“He’s been such a freakin’ pushover for the past three seasons, bending to Elena’s every whim and allowing her to toy with his emotions.”

This actually applied more to Damon. Honestly, I want Elena to do the chase for at least 5 episodes because she did treat Damon like shit for the past 3 seasons.

I’ve never cared for Stelena or even Delena (not interested by this bad boy/good girl pairing). However, we all know Stelena is the end game so Delena’s just a bone thrown out to a part of TVD fandom. As in any TV triangle, Delena’s gonna help Elena mature, become something she’d have never been able to be with Stefan, then she’ll be back with him. Who will be once again the looser in all of this? Damon!

mvk

Posted at 11:34 PM on November 15, 2012

I think Stefan is far from being over with Elena. The writers aren’t going to let Damon have his love interest in Elena. they will do something to bring Stefan back to Elena. I wish they would give Damon a chance.

brittany

Posted at 11:22 PM on November 15, 2012

I’m glad stefan broke up with elena. She didn’t want to admit she liked damon better now so she was stringing him along. I’m glad he finally saw the light and dumped her. He deserves so much better than that.

Clover

Posted at 10:58 PM on November 15, 2012

I was a true Stelena until Elena became a vampire. The qualities Stefan loved about her are either gone or less prominent + her new traits, she’s changed. Stefan will always love her, but like Damon kind of said, he (Damon) will always love her vampire or not, where as Stefan would but not the same if she were a vampire. Overall, I’m happy STEFAN ended it. If anyone deserved to end the triangle and finally stop asking how high when Elena asks, it’s him. Besides the fact that this love triangle that has been raging for 3 seasons (2 season too long if you asked me), has finally ended. And I can go back to watching the show without wondering “Is this the episode when Elena chooses?” or “Who’s ganna kiss Elena today?” and just enjoy the show, because lately I’ve been feeling a little “Who cares?” about the show. (The love triangle has really gotten annoying)

angie

Posted at 10:37 PM on November 15, 2012

STELENA will always be forever it will always be Stefan. No matter what her feelings for Damon are her feelings for Stefan were also magnified. It’s only a matter of time she’s just upset about the fact that Stefan’s been lying to her even though she does not grasp the concept that he’s doing this for her. Her feelings for Damon may be magnified for now but her feelings for Stefan are also magnified let’s not forget that. On the plus side Klaroline 5ever

stephanie

Posted at 10:36 PM on November 15, 2012

So tired of the Delena Diaries. Now that this has happened we won’t be watching. To Jerry Springer for me and my friends. The writers have spent so many episodes making Stefan look ridiculous so Delena would happen. Can’t wait for the ratings to prove it.

Cam

Posted at 12:47 AM on November 16, 2012

The writers have made this whole show ridiculous this season. I stopped watching after episode 1, it was so horribly written its like they were channeling 50 Shades of Grey >.< The only reason I even read reviews was the hope that Delena would happen. Now that there is some forward momentum for them, I'll start watching again. Not saying that I don't agree, I think they've turned Stefan into an idiot, but they've stomped on Damon for years,its time he gets the girl and I'll be there to see it happen. I'm sure many others who felt like me will tune back in.

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 10:26 PM on November 15, 2012

Totally agree that as much as I hated seeing them break up, it was SO NICE to finally see Stefan stand up for himself. He definitely deserves better!

light

Posted at 10:23 PM on November 15, 2012

more klaroline feeling..i wish that writers give us some good development in these story bc klaus and caroline have so much potencial to begin an epic relationship….i love klarolineeee

noor

Posted at 8:29 AM on November 16, 2012

I SO AGREE W U , AND HOPE SO

Mo'Neek

Posted at 10:16 PM on November 15, 2012

Damon was so hot when he was sitting on the window thingy in elena’s room…… I like klaus.. hes hot. that sums everything right up, right?

krbdavid1

Posted at 10:06 PM on November 15, 2012

Best episode yet….so glad Elena finally admitted her feelings for Damon. I cannot wait for episode 7

aisha

Posted at 10:03 PM on November 15, 2012

SO depressing… he couldnt even look ger in the eyes after :( and hes so used to it that hes not even crying at this point, which is heart breaking :(

Hannah

Posted at 10:00 PM on November 15, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this new elena…idk whether i like it or not but she definately scored some cool points in this episode to me.

Monica Anders

Posted at 10:00 PM on November 15, 2012

*pours a 40 for the two awesome Damon/Alaric moments tonight*

Gimme DEx NOW! (@gunny1972)

Posted at 9:57 PM on November 15, 2012

SOOOOO Happy that Elena finally admitted her feelings for Damon! It has been so long in the making! Now she can have fun and stop with all of the crying all of the time!

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:58 PM on November 15, 2012

Me too! Everyone was FINALLY honest in this episode! It’s about damn time.

Katherine Deplett

Posted at 9:52 PM on November 15, 2012

IM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!! #STELENA<333333333

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:58 PM on November 15, 2012

Fear not. This is Elena we’re talking about. I’m sure she’ll change her mind in a few weeks. lol

Lexi

Posted at 9:49 PM on November 15, 2012

i am so happy

Ally

Posted at 9:49 PM on November 15, 2012

I’m so super sad that Stefan and Elena broke up! I seriously hope that they will eventually get back together. I want Caroline and Tyler stick through their problems and stay together.

Katherine Deplett

Posted at 9:52 PM on November 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind words #STELENA<33333333

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:59 PM on November 15, 2012

I am a fan of both brothers, and regardless of who I ship, I’m glad Stefan finally stood up for himself.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:00 PM on November 15, 2012

But hey, now that leaves Caroline & Stefan open for each other ;-)

Suzie

Posted at 11:43 PM on November 15, 2012

I bet you are a Delena shipper…hehehe….

Mariana

Posted at 12:33 AM on November 16, 2012

I’m totally rooting for caroline and stefan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #DELENA
Finally she came clear with her feelings.
I love both brothers, but the “triangle” needed to be really explored, damon could not continue to be the elephant in the room, come on.
LOVED this episode.

PS: I practically died when she stabbed Jeremy. Best omg moment of the season so far

mia

Posted at 10:01 PM on November 15, 2012

I agree with you, im extremely sad. Stefan is one of a kind, this guy is A REAL MAN… Damon is just the commercial type, the teenage one of the show hiding behind an appearance of a man, in the way that hes always fighting his emotions, only feels secure when he is control or when he is hurting some1 (in anyway that is)… I wish stefan finds better along the way

Suzie

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 15, 2012

Oh c’mon Mia, are you kidding? How can you honestly say Damon is the “commercial” type? Really? I can’t understand how you can even say that. Damon has been he one that has always been there for everyone…did you forget about Stefan’s loss of humanity period? Puhhleazze… Like he told Alaric at his tomb;he was left alone to take care of the “kids”…yeah, that’s right, those kids include Stefan and his insufferable martyrdom… I am so glad we are rid of that relationship (for now). Stefan proved to be more snobbish than most and just wanted Elena as a human. What kind of “eternal” love is that? DELENA is on…let’s enjoy it while it lasts…Mmmmmm