‘Real World: Hollywood’ star Joey Kovar, 29, tragically died at a friend’s home near Chicago on August 17. His cause of death is finally revealed.
Former reality star, Joey Kovar, who starred in Real World: Hollywood and Celebrity Rehab was found dead on August 17. New details of his death have emerged — and they’re not what police originally suspected!
“[Joey's] official cause of death was deemed an accident from ‘opiate intoxication,'” a representative for the Cook County Medical Examiner told TMZ.
Joey, 29, was allegedly taking the prescription painkiller Norco at the time of his death, according to sources. Norco is classed as an opiate, but it is not confirmed that the medication was the cause of his death.
This new report comes after police originally stated that Joey’s death was caused by a lethal combination of cocaine, alcohol and Viagra. However, Joey’s brother David spoke with HollywoodLife.com exclusively and said, “Don’t believe the media and the crap they’re saying. My brother was clean. Had been for quite some time. Plain and simple.”
When asked what he thought took his brother’s life, David said, “I believe it was some sort of health issue. He was doing too good. I don’t know. I can’t think straight.”
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?
– Christopher Rogers
More Joey Kovar News:
- Joey Kovar’s Death — ‘Real World’ Star’s Autopsy Results Revealed
- Joey Kovar’s Suspected Overdose: Viagra, Cocaine & Alcohol
- Joey Kovar: ‘Real World’ Star’s Eerily Positive Tweets Before Death