‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Damon & Elena’s Romantic Holiday Retreat

Tue, November 6, 2012 3:09pm EST by 92 Comments
Damon Elena Holiday Hookup
Courtesy of The CW

Tj

Posted at 4:57 AM on November 8, 2012

I think damon should leavetown for while, So that elena could finally realize what she’s missing..

andrea

Posted at 5:33 AM on November 8, 2012

couldn’t agree more! I hope I can see elena being miserable and missing damon so bad. That’s only fair, remember the way she treated damon all these times…

Sue

Posted at 7:22 AM on November 9, 2012

I agree. Damon leaving Town would be perfect….I want Elena to fight for Damon this time

Nothing here anymore

Posted at 3:01 AM on November 8, 2012

Andy, Andy, Andy, *smh* we all know by now Damon & Elena is not going to have a romance anytime soon and certainly not this season and possibly not season 5 either.Keeping that in mind why would they ever tease something like this to DE fans? What’s the point? Ratings? knowing that SE couldnt pull off ratings alone? How they write : Elena, she is stubbon and in total denial about anything and everything, especially when it comes to Damon. While it would be nice to think they would spark up something..*eyerolls* its hard to believe ANYTHING at this point. Here we are season 4 and …..nothing. But they seem to like to dish out half-truth spoilers and hype up episodes as being gamechangers..but in fact they are not. Nothing has changed. What are they going to when all DE’rs leave? They didnt think out this triangle too well. Maybe they didnt know we wouldnt buy into SE who knows..but at this point who cares anymore?

anam

Posted at 1:51 AM on November 8, 2012

@Cathleen Your frustration is understandable but Julie knows what she is doing. There r still 2 seasons n 19 episodes to go n the story will change n get better. The show will get redundant n will lose its entire meaning if Elena always runs back to Stefan when she knows she loves Damon. This whole season will be about Elena’s growth n acceptance of who she is n what she truly wants (Damon). Writers know that DE fans r the largest fanbase of the show n there is no way they r using us for ratings, it might have short-term benefits but in the long run, playing with fans would have dangerous consequences. Fans would stop watching causing not just the show to get cancelled but also ending the writers’ careers.
Yes its very annoying how Damon is being treated but things will change. He will have his love returned but first Elena has to get over Stefan. Damon deserves her whole heart n he will win this time. Once DE happens, the show CANNOT revert back to SE because that will destroy the whole storyline so stay calm n watch, DE has everything to gain while SE has everything to lose. #proudtobeaDEfan

Cathleen

Posted at 11:51 PM on November 7, 2012

A lot of spoilers has been written for the coming episodes regarding Damon and Elena having sweet, hot and steamy moments. What else is new. There were spoilers like this in past episodes but none is true. To Delena fans don’t keep your hopes up. You will get disappointed. Like past episodes, it will start with Elena and Stefan doing their usual boring stuff, then she will seek Damon have some fun (she let herself loose only if she’s with Damon) then loathe herself for enjoying it, then she will ran back to Stefan and whine. This is always the pattern. Damon is always treated horribly at the end of every episode and I don’t think this will change in Season 4. These spoilers are written so that Delena fans will keep watching.

Shirley Sitler (@ShirlSitler)

Posted at 11:55 PM on November 7, 2012

I am sure this is 100% right! The writers know how to push our buttons to keep us coming back every Thursday night (or whenever, where you are) hoping for a few Delena crumbs.

tania rahman

Posted at 4:52 PM on November 7, 2012

I’m more interested in these hallucinations that Elena’s going to have rather than the love triangle. We all know that the TVD writers never leave loose ends so they have to be explained at some point. Did Katherine suffer from them at any point, if so it may mean that its due to Elena already being a ‘supernatural entity’, I have a theory but I need to watch the episode first.

Ellen

Posted at 8:06 AM on November 8, 2012

I think it may have something to do with her father/uncle being vampire hunters or they may be going the “guardian” route from the books.

Leah

Posted at 4:16 PM on November 12, 2012

They are a side effect from killing a hunter as Klaus said in the preview at the end of last week’s show. It has nothing to do with Catherine or being the doppelganger etc.

Maria

Posted at 10:43 AM on November 7, 2012

Stefan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Stefan is so boring….boring…, I prefer the rippa! Paul too..;)

Damon is cool!

venera

Posted at 4:31 AM on November 7, 2012

When Damon die?

JULIA

Posted at 10:41 AM on November 7, 2012

He ain’t gonna die. In the book yes, but after he lives. And the show is different than books. Damon is the best, if he die, the show finished.

mvk

Posted at 11:24 PM on November 6, 2012

I too agree that Stefan is boring and his relationship with Elena has run it’s course. It is time for her to grow up and move on. I think Stefan and Caroline would be great. I want to see more of Klause. The show is not boring with him and Damon around.

TP

Posted at 11:56 AM on December 8, 2012

This whole show is going downhill b/c of Delena and storylines that don’t make any sense. The ratings were higher when Stefan and Elena was together. Stefan and Elena is the romantic love story of the entire series. I have seen this quoted more than once.

mvk

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 6, 2012

Yes I think Caroline and Tyler are on the outs. He lied to her about Hayley or rather didn’t tell Caroline anything at all about her. Elena and Damon are not going to get romantic at the cabin. Buzzkill bonnie is going to be there and besides Elena thinks she has to do what ever everyone else expects her to do, especially Bonnie. she knows Bonnie hates Damon so Elena is not going to let Damon get close to her. she is going to push him away and find some way to insult or hurt him like she always does. And Damon will take it because he loves Elena and has her best interest at heart.

dwight

Posted at 9:23 PM on November 6, 2012

a friend’s sister-in-law makes $65 hourly on the laptop. She has been laid off for 6 months but last month her pay was $19426 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more Fox92 dotcom

Jr

Posted at 5:55 PM on November 6, 2012

AGREE MELISSA. i find stelena now after 3 years boring togheter,is like they have been for 30 years togheter and have 4 kids…is time for delenaaaaaaaa

Ellen

Posted at 7:46 AM on November 8, 2012

Stefan and Elena belong together!! Stefan and Elena have never been boring to me. I’m not a teenager, maybe that’s why. All you DE fans say you are the majority but I think in reality it’s about 50-50. You may be the majority on twitter/internet but not everybody that watches the show is on twitter, takes the stupid polls or take the time to comment on articles.

Nothing here anymore

Posted at 2:16 PM on November 8, 2012

@ Ellen Oh so you seem to think Damon & Elena fans are teenagers? HA! You are mislead, my dear.

Ellen

Posted at 12:36 PM on November 9, 2012

I’m not saying all of them are but you DE fans say the same thing about SE fans. There are a lot 18 and under on both sides who watch this show that doesn’t show maturity and doesn’t know what real love is. I don’t want to argue with you, I’m just stating a fact.

Ellen

Posted at 9:20 AM on November 9, 2012

What’s wrong with being married for 30 years and having 4 kids. It means you were meant to be together and your love has grown deeper and deeper. If that’s boring to you then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Sulla

Posted at 5:42 PM on November 6, 2012

I want Stefan and Elena together!!!!

TP

Posted at 11:59 AM on December 8, 2012

Sex and Love is not the same thing. I see Love between Stefan and Elena and Lust between Damon and Elena.

shirl

Posted at 5:34 PM on November 6, 2012

There is just sooooo much sexual chemistry between Damon and Elena! I always feel like I am eavesdropping on their private moments together and I love every minute of it!

TP

Posted at 11:58 AM on December 8, 2012

Well….They are a real life couple.

JULIA

Posted at 4:57 PM on November 6, 2012

Sorry, I don’t like Stefan, he is so perfect and I don’t feel emotion. Damon for me is more real and adorable. I supporting him totally.

JULIA

Posted at 4:54 PM on November 6, 2012

I want Damon and Elena together. Come on, the people change, grow up, etc. love epic don’t exist…, I prefer something more real and full of emotion! Delena is better.

sarah

Posted at 4:37 PM on November 6, 2012

Another Damon and Elena episode, yeah just what we wanted. NOT. Isn’t she suppose to be Stefan’s girlfriend. So far Damon and Elena has had hot scenes and now a Christmas episode, seriously? Oh that’s right Stefan got to hold her hand or got a half hug. At least Jeremy, Tyler, Klaus and Bonnie will be exciting in this episode.

Melissa

Posted at 4:54 PM on November 6, 2012

Get over it. Stefan and Elena are done for the time being. They have run their course and you can’t expect her to stay the same static character and never move on and grow as an individual. You can’t expect the man that she loved when she was 16 to be the same perfect match for her when she is 19. It doesn’t work that way. People grow and what you want out of life and relationship grows along with that.

JULIA

Posted at 4:59 PM on November 6, 2012

I TOTALLY AGREE!!

sarah

Posted at 5:22 PM on November 6, 2012

Let me know what show you’ve been watching, since she was 16 and now she’s 19? Because I’ve totally lost 2 years of my life and obviously alot of vampire diaries, I have zero memory. They have grown, there love is stronger than ever. I like Damon, but come on dudes been after her since Katherine said no to him. He’s still looking for Kat.

Ellen

Posted at 8:10 AM on November 8, 2012

Is that so? My mother fell in love with my daddy when she was 16 and they got married when she was 17 and have been married for 45 years. “When it real, you can’t walk away”.

subhadeep

Posted at 11:17 PM on November 6, 2012

excuse me, but stelena fans have had their share over the course of 2 seasons now it’s time for Delena to shine and this show is a love triangle it’s not only about Stefan. We have seen the development between Damon and elena and it’s proper time for them to admit them to each other and if you are harboring the delusion that Damon is still looking for Katherine then i don’t know what show you are watching. Damon’s love for elena has been made evident many times over the course of tvd and elena’s inner feelings have slow been shown.

subhadeep

Posted at 11:39 PM on November 6, 2012

what i meant was elena’s inner feelings for Damon has also been made evident. it is perfectly clear that they have genuine love , affection honesty and understanding between them. It’s always been real with them. so please watch the show carefully and not want you want to see.

Ellen

Posted at 7:57 AM on November 8, 2012

It is Stefan’s story. In the pilot opening Stefan says “For over a century, I have lived in secret, hiding in the shadows, alone in the world until now. I am a vampire and this is my story” The vampire diaries is Stefan’s story not Damon’s. Stefan is the lead male actor not Damon. It doesn’t matter how long Stefan and Elena has been together, the story is about Stefan and Elena and their undying love. It will never be over between Stefan and Elena.

YooHoo

Posted at 11:20 AM on November 9, 2012

@Ellen Has it ever crossed your mind that Stefan could very well be telling his story about how he watched Damon & Elena fall in love?

Ellen

Posted at 12:56 PM on November 9, 2012

No, I don’t believe that all b/c Kevin, Julie, Nina and Paul have said the vampire diaries was about Stefan and Elena and their undying love. Kevin said the vampire diaries would always be about Stefan and Elena b/c they are soul mates. I never said she doesn’t love Damon too but there are different types of love which Julie and Kevin has talked about too. I will always believe in Stefan and Elena!!

Ellen

Posted at 12:41 PM on November 9, 2012

I agree with you. Just be patience, remember in the first episode Elena said we’ll get through it, just like we do in everything else. One day at a time. That no matter what happens he was the best choice she ever made. Never lose hope.

Appy

Posted at 4:27 PM on November 6, 2012

This is just what Christian Gray and Anastasia Steele look like in my head. I think they look great together.

Monica

Posted at 4:41 PM on November 6, 2012

i would totally agree. they would be great

lena

Posted at 4:21 PM on November 6, 2012

That would be so amazing. I’d die to see some romantic moments between damon and elena especially at christmas..Although they’re with the others I think they will get some scenes alone at the lake house. Can’t wait!!!

Shaun

Posted at 4:05 PM on November 6, 2012

Elena and Damon vs the ultimate buzzkill buddies team of Jeremy and Bonnie. Who shall be victorious!? Anyone else find it odd though that Elena is going somewhere with Damon, while Stefan isn’t around? Especially after the way the last episode played out? This gets me more excited for Elenas confession to Stefan in the ‘We all go a little mad sometimes episode.”

Kara

Posted at 4:05 PM on November 6, 2012

Damon/Elena at the lake house of all places? Way to piss off Stefan/Elena fans! As if I could not hate Damon/Elena more, way to help me quit this show once and for all!

subhadeep

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 6, 2012

please do. us DE fans can more than make up for a few lost SE fans.

Ellen

Posted at 7:59 AM on November 8, 2012

We would never ship DE and if SE fans stop watching then the ratings will go down.

TP

Posted at 12:05 PM on December 8, 2012

Yeah you want all the SE fans to quit watching….well you got your wish cause the ratings keep dropping and if the ratings keep dropping then the show will get cancelled. This past Thursday12/6 ratings were 2.4, I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped lower this week.

Chelcie

Posted at 3:44 PM on November 6, 2012

I dont like Delena!

subhadeep

Posted at 11:20 PM on November 6, 2012

well tough because they are the pair with them most chemistry and development between them and it is evident that the writers are heading i n that direction over the course of the show. so either change your ship ( if you do not want to be disappointed ) or find another show

Dora

Posted at 10:47 AM on November 7, 2012

Delena is the destiny….perfect! Because is stelena is a suck

Nini

Posted at 3:24 PM on November 6, 2012

I’m sure Bonnie will find a way to ruin any potential moment DE might have. If not Stefan will call. Either way Elena will feel guilty, run back and praise Stefan and be mean to Damon AGAIN! That’s the pattern they like to follow just to tease us without really letting anything happen.

Nadine Oberlaender (@Dine_Mary)

Posted at 3:40 PM on November 6, 2012

I agree with you..

Kerri

Posted at 3:23 PM on November 6, 2012

please shoot me…Damon and Elena are going to the Lake house!? No,no,no,no…did I mention no? I don´t like Delena!

subhadeep

Posted at 11:42 PM on November 6, 2012

like i said, DE fans outnumber SE by a huge majority so please feel free to stop watching us DE fans can make up for any number of lost SE fans.

Ellen

Posted at 8:02 AM on November 8, 2012

You may on twitter/internet but not everyone who watches the show is on twitter/internet or takes the time for polls or comment on articles. Keep dreaming.

maria

Posted at 8:56 PM on November 8, 2012

not everyone mite be on twitter and polls, but the fact remains, that last weeks show wich was heavy promoted , as a Delena episode, by the director and the CW had the highest ratings ever.

TP

Posted at 12:06 PM on December 8, 2012

What happened on Thurs 12/6? They keep dropping every week since DE got together.

Doppelganger

Posted at 4:52 PM on November 7, 2012

I find it funny that you used a Damon line to make your point…rofl

Katt

Posted at 3:20 PM on November 6, 2012

Damon and Elena ?Ahhhhh:)))

Angel