Emily Maynard: Stop Finding Love On TV — It’s Better For Your Daughter

Thu, October 18, 2012 9:35pm EDT by 9 Comments
Jef Holm and Emily Maynard Break Up
Courtesy Twitter

LittleMo

Posted at 6:42 AM on October 19, 2012

Any woman who asks to see the financial profile of the men coming on the show is looking for dollar signs, not a husband, a partner, someone to love forever. Then again, Emily IS STILL livign off of Ricky Hendricks’ parents and the fact that they can afford it has nothign to do with it. Emily was trashy to begin with – remember Ricki was born when Emily was 18, making her pregnant at 17, dating Ricky Hendricks – who was well over 21 at the time – long before that, making her a NASCAR “roadie” as a teenager. She is not the “wholesome all-American” girl some are trying to make her out to be. If Emily was worth a damn, she would have accepted help from the Hendricks’ when Ricky died, but then used the help to get an education, get a job, and pay her own way while raising her daughter. She’s teaching that little girl to hold out her hand and say “I want, I want, I want” without working for it herself. She is a horrible example and anyone who can find anything about this woman to admire is losing the cheese off their cracker. if Kalon isnt’ laughing himself sick he ought to be – and Brad Womack really did dodge a bullet.

Marilyn Richards-Snow

Posted at 7:56 AM on October 19, 2012

Emily’s parents are very well off according to the tabloids. Ricki is the daughter of the late Ricky so I think whatever they got in terms of dollar signs was NOT a handout. That little girl was his daughter. No different than any single Mom out there asking for child support or alimony payments. I would want to see the financial profile of the men also. Emily has a daughter to raise she doesn’t need a man to support. So yes the financial profile of these men were important, or it would have been to me. My Mom had me when she was 17. You can raise a child at 17 better than some people at 35. Maturity has nothing to do with age. None of us are trying to make her out to be perfect. Whether she has a job or an education does not make her a bad person though. I wouldn’t work if I didn’t have to. That doesn’t make me a whore, tramo, slut, golddigger, or bad mother like some of these comments that I have seen posted on here. It’s just uncalled for. I don’t know none of these people and I don’t know what Emily is like off camera. I don’t think she’s perfect but I bet she’s no different than most of us, which is not perfect either.

Stupid Stars

Posted at 6:25 AM on October 19, 2012

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS WOMAN….. NOBODY. STOP WRITING ABOUT HER LAME LIFE.

deb

Posted at 1:27 AM on October 19, 2012

Honestly, I haven’t watched this show since Trista and Ryan. But I think it is careless this mom to not consider the implications of her actions on her daughter. But then again, I have seen mothers make worse choices. Sad that someone needs to be told to put her child first.

Lola

Posted at 1:15 AM on October 19, 2012

Perhaps Emily should have asked. Jason Mesnick’s advise before even commiting to become The Bachelorette. Even though he did not pick Molly initially looking at their marriage they have succeeded where Emily failed, Also he focused on looking for a wife and kept Tye away from the drama when he was The Bachelor.

Jessica

Posted at 9:23 PM on October 18, 2012

Will any good come from your very harsh critical argument? Being a mother is tough enough as it is. And we are harder on ourselves than anyone else can even think to be. Mommy-guilt is tough. If she for one minute thought it wouldn’t last she wouldn’t have gotten so close. Quit judging. No one does everything right. She’s not perfect and yes that is a lot for a child to go through, but it’s how we handle trials that teach. Perservence builds character.

Marilyn Richards-Snow

Posted at 7:38 AM on October 19, 2012

Well said Jessica. You’re better at words than I am. I think they were both great people. I really think they were also both sincere and gave it their all.

Marilyn Richards-Snow

Posted at 7:30 PM on October 18, 2012

Bonnie needs to mind her own business…annoying…!!!

ldsaecp

Posted at 4:38 PM on October 18, 2012

I am married. Have a 15 year old daughter. If I was a widow, separated, and unwed mom planning to do date. This is what I do first. Get to know the person first to see how is goes before I let them know I have a kid or kids. Date first to see how is goes. Don’t rush to get marry. Find something in common. As for other advise when you date or bring that person when you have children. When you want them to meet your children make sure you watch them where you see them. I preferred in livingroom where you can see them. And always protect your kids. They come first.