‘Awkward’ Season Finale Recap: Jenna Questions Her Big Decision

Thu, September 20, 2012 11:14pm EDT by 38 Comments
Courtesy of MTV (3)

Plus, Jenna’s mysterious blog commenter is revealed — and about a million other wacky surprises!

I was honestly starting to doubt this day would ever come. Jenna (Ashley Rickardsfinally chose between Matty (Beau Mirchoff) and Jake (Brett Davern) on the Sept. 20 season finale of Awkward — but because this is Jenna we’re talking about, her decision only made things more complicated. For everyone. So who did Jenna choose? Drumroll please…

Matty! Yes, much to the chagrin of Team Jake (including yours truly) Jenna left the blond boy wonder out in the cold.

Fortunately for Jake, a super-desperate — and super-drunk — Tamara (Jillian Rose Reed) was with open lips to heal his broken heart. Jenna was peeved at first, but she got over it pretty quickly. I guess she really is wishy washy in every aspect of her life.

In other awkward relationship news, Sadie (Molly Tarlov) got the shock of her life when she caught Ricky (Matthew Fahey) making out with Clark (Joseph Haro)! Oh, and speaking of Clark, it was also revealed that he was Jenna’s mysterious blog commenter all along! It was a night of crazy revelations fo sho.

Though Jenna appeared happy with Matty — she even turned down her parents’ offer for a free summer trip to Europe so she could be with him — her inner voice expressed a very different emotion: doubt!

Do you think Jenna made a mistake choosing Matty over Jake? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your thoughts on the epic finale!

— Andy Swift

More Awkward-ness:

1. ‘Awkward’ Season Finale: Fans ‘Will Be Really Happy’ With Jenna’s Choice
  2. ‘Awkward’ Star Ashley Rickards Debuts Blonde Hair At MTV VMAs
  3. ‘Awkward’ Star Nikki DeLoach Talks Lacey & Kevin’s Future (Together?)

Kailah

Posted at 11:07 PM on May 24, 2014

seriously. #teamjake Matty was a jerk to jenna and didnt want to be seen with her in public. he just wanted to get laid. jake was always there for jenna and wasnt scared to be himself and he didnt care what other people thought of him. he was so sweet and jenna loved him and matty was just the plan b. for a while anyway. and jake was the cutest and never really did anything wrong

A true fan

Posted at 3:33 PM on May 19, 2013

Joakim

Posted at 6:06 PM on September 21, 2013

Agreed! I’m also a male, and i think of it the same way you do. Can’t wait for season 3 to see how it works out! :D

Tamy

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 19, 2013

wow this story just got me i am a girl and this story brought out the girl in me lol!! when i was at season 2 when jake found out about matty and jenna and dumpet her i almost started to cry then how he saw he made a mistake and then tried to get her back…WOW!! yet it still bothers me she finally said she loved him then tried to get him back when finally she had to choose she picked matty whom she didn’t love…. WHYYYYYYY!?? it made no sense iet was a retarded choice it almost made me stop watching Akward

Twillight 101

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 19, 2013

Team jacob!!

#1 Mat fan

Posted at 3:28 PM on May 19, 2013

THis message got me wow!! he’s right go jake!!!!

who cares

Posted at 3:27 PM on May 19, 2013

HAha gayy jake should have won!!

BoyBip

Posted at 3:27 PM on May 19, 2013

I’m with jake too!!!

Astin

Posted at 3:26 PM on May 19, 2013

A huge fan!! ( wow this story just got me i am male yet this story brought out the girl in me lol!! when i was at season 2 when jake found out about matty and jenna and dumpet her i almost started to cry then how he saw he made a mistake and then tried to get her back…WOW!! yet it still bothers me she finally said she loved him then tried to get him back when finally she had to choose she picked matty whom she didn’t love…. WHYYYYYYY!?? it made no sense iet was a retarded choice it almost made me stop watching Akward
Yes more than 70% chose matty but if you look it has to be wrong everybody left replys about jake all the people who are true fans chose jake all the wanna be’s chose matty just cuz he’s hot now sure he’s great but he wil never ever ever!!!! be able to give her what jake can he can trie but wil never be able to give what jake can so i am JAKE X JENNA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) dude your insane yet 100% right GOOOOOO jake