‘Pretty Little Liars’ Summer Finale Recap: Maya’s Killer Is Revealed

Tue, August 28, 2012 11:59pm EDT by 229 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family (3)

Juliet_Gracie

Posted at 7:16 PM on January 23, 2013

is it bad to watch pretty little liars? I luv it and I might be ten. Is it bad? I am a liar though. I’m evil. I love Spoby, Ezria, and other combined names of couples in pretty little liars.

Haylee_Marie

Posted at 8:24 PM on January 8, 2013

I almost feel like Toby might be posing as ‘A’ on the inside. To get the dirt or something on everything that has been happening. I don’t know, I had to skip a couple episodes, and this being one of them. I am hoping (HOPING!), that Toby ends up being a good guy. He was one of my favorite characters!

laura1599

Posted at 6:58 PM on December 7, 2012

I don’t feel any different towards Toby. It sounds weird, but come on guys! He loves Spencer. It’s so obvious from the way they look at each other. It makes things clearer, like why he left town. But personally, I think he is being blackmailed. By what exactly, I have no idea. PLL comes up with some serious shocks :)

Warren

Posted at 4:56 AM on October 22, 2012

I have been watching the “Crazy” episode of Season 3 and remember how Mona gave Hannah a codes.

No One To Save Ali From Evil = NOT SAFE
The other code was for Maya’s website.

If you go back and check there was a third code.

Miss Aria Your A Killer Not Ezra’s Wife = Maya Knew

Jenna

Posted at 7:37 AM on October 18, 2012

Allison
Toby
Ezra
Aria
Mona

effy

Posted at 5:12 PM on October 9, 2012

i am so chocked by what I just saw in the last episode…
TOBY ! COME ON ! NO WAY !!!!!!!
I think i will need a long time to admt that.. But I hope we’ll know everything at the end of the series, this is really going too far..
Is it possible that Emily shot Caleb ? Well, after all I saw tonight, I can ask..

vera

Posted at 6:06 AM on October 3, 2012

I’m so pissed !! If Toby really is A im not watching it anymore . I really liked him. smh…

Roxy

Posted at 3:02 PM on September 30, 2012

Alison, I believe that Toby made the phone call to Emily in the cabin because ‘A’ uses that voice. I think Toby’s a fake ‘A’ to protect Spencer and the girls. I believe that he phoned to tell her to get out because ‘Nate’ was returning. She obviously didn’t leave and got in danger with ‘Nate’. Toby love Spencer, so why would he be part of The A Team? An episode before the finale i think was when Jenna went to Emily’s house to tell her ‘Watch out for who your hanging out with’ which clearly meant ‘Nate’. I think IF Paige did shoot Calab, then i think it would be by mistake to try save Emily from Nate but think about it, Paige was taped up so how could she escape. My other theory for Pretty Little Liars season 3 episode 12 is that Calab was ment to get shot, to trick the real ‘A’ (not Toby). Toby flops in and out of Pretty Little Liars, so i really think that he is NOT a committed A or against Hanna,Aria,Spencer and Emily. I have no clue who killed maya or why,sorry. This is my thoughts, of course there not factual. Buzzing for the next part of season 3, 23 days woop!

@blieberRc follow me on twitter and message me for more chats:)

Amoona;)

Posted at 11:03 AM on November 20, 2012

Wow omg i didnt think of that i just hope hes fake to protect them:,,( im SHOCKED this show is ..lol idk im really hooked *_*

Warren

Posted at 9:18 AM on September 30, 2012

Remember when Spencer visited Garrett at the Prison, remember what he said to Spencer, he said “Someone Very Close to You Has You Completely Fooled” and it looks like he knew it was Toby all along.

Also there is more than 1 A in that finale because remember when A was at the Jukebox A handed something to another A, I forget what it was.

laura1599

Posted at 7:00 PM on December 7, 2012

It was keys :) Just watched that episode a few hours ago :P

Sarah

Posted at 7:07 AM on September 25, 2012

i dont think toby is A, he told spencer he would help her sort everything out, so hes on the inside of the A group, to help the girls find out who killed ali.

Glitter

Posted at 8:25 AM on September 24, 2012

I think Toby was A all along from the beginning because at the beginning of the show the girls thought he was A (which he was) so he had to change their minds about him so he started a relationship with Spencer so now they think hes innocent and it did work.

lizzy

Posted at 4:52 PM on September 19, 2012

i was so shockes toby’s A and still am i very curious who shot calab just when spencer is happy with a boy he turns out to be a sicko and is destroying her life smh cant wait till season 4

Kelly

Posted at 1:17 AM on September 19, 2012

I don’t believe Toby is A

Abi

Posted at 8:32 PM on September 11, 2012

I am absolutely horrified that Toby is in the “A” team…horrified I tell you… how could they do this? Shoot I don’t like him anymore now. Can’t imagine how Spencer and the girls will feel when they find out I mean come on. I don’t trust anyone in that show anymore. Heck Spencer could be in too….Hmmm…*thinking* … Don’t know who to trust…don’t know who to trust.. *Sighs*

Sillayyyy

Posted at 11:29 PM on September 11, 2012

I dont think hes really A… Hes undercover trying to help spencer and the girls… Thats why he kept calling the girls to help them

Nathália

Posted at 4:04 PM on September 13, 2012

Ohhh yes! I agree!! But I still don´t know who killed Maya! It didn´t look like was Nate!! Nate loved her and blamed Emily… Sure it was him??? Does anybody know??
Sorry, my English is NOT very good….

mariafadeout

Posted at 6:50 PM on September 11, 2012

How can Nate be Maya’s stalker from “Tru North” and Maya let him take that lovely picture of her????!!!!!
We can see his paint-stained shoe of his and Maya smiling oh so sweetly at him…
Come on….how could that be, his foot is right next to her…She doesn’t look freaked out by a stalker to me…

Ella

Posted at 5:23 AM on September 16, 2012

Maybe he turned out to be a creepy guy AFTER taking the picture?

belinda

Posted at 10:55 AM on September 10, 2012

i think maybe dr sullivan is really toby’s mother and hes being blackmailed into helping mona. cos apparently the docs back this season and its wierd that he just ‘found’ her at the end of season two. i dont think they wouldve revealed toby as ‘A’ this eary in the season, even if there are more people involved they wouldve revealed someone more obvious at tis point wouldnt they? seems a bit fishy to me, theres definately something else going on.
bit of a wild theory i guess, but i just REALLY dont want toby to be ‘A’, i love him!

Elizabeth

Posted at 12:34 PM on August 30, 2012

I’m excited. This is a crazy twist to what should have been a pretty predictable episode. The only issue I have with this, is that we have yet to further conclude who killed Allison. For those of us who know the back story to Ali’s family, it’s a bit hard not to wounder why more of this information has not been brought up. I find myself searching for very small clues as I watch and pause the episodes and I’m really hoping that we start to learn more about the person we call Ali. Much less, how she may or may not have any effect on The A Team. So I supposed what I’m attempting to say is this episode was awesome. Now can we please have some more details on what we’re all wondering? Who killed Allison and who the heck is running around controlling the The A Team’s every move. Oh and how did “Nate” actually kill Maya? She was smart and there’s no way that he could have been alone in all of this. I smell another party involved. Uh-oh.

Augs

Posted at 10:48 PM on September 4, 2012

I honestly hate Toby with evey inch of my body I knew something was up from the beginning Bc he’s A fuck and makes every guy look terrible

Sillayyyy

Posted at 11:30 PM on September 11, 2012

He’s undercover helping the girls, and getting to the bottom of A… Hes inflitrating!!!!

cheri

Posted at 9:54 AM on August 30, 2012

I loved this episode! I thought this was the best finale they have had. I was so shocked to see that it was Toby when “A” turned around. I am wondering if maybe he is just working undercover to protect the girls. I couldn’t watch it Tuesday night when it air, so this morning I went onto Dish Online to watch it. I can watch several shows on there free and it even has previous episodes of some of the shows. I wanted to make sure I watched it before I got to work at Dish, so I could talk to my co-workers about the episode. I also think that Paige might have been the one to shoot Caleb at the end. She seemed a little off still when the cops were questioning them.

jgreer

Posted at 9:42 AM on August 30, 2012

I want to see more of Ezras brothers beautiful big lips. Him and Aria will def be sharing some kisses.

Nadia

Posted at 5:31 AM on August 30, 2012

In reply to who shot Caleb, i presumed it was because he laid the gun down near the light of the lighthouse, and the gun heated up and automatically shot. I clearly haven’t used a gun before (Thankfully, i’ve never had the opportunity) but that’s how i thought it happened. :)

My jaw literally dropped when “a” turned around at the end and was TOBY!
I would have to say this was my favourite episode, and i also have to add that i love Mona as a ‘badie’. I always thought she was such a shallow actress, but she really does have so much more depth, she’s actually quite creepy! Hahaha!

I’m itching for the next episode!

xx

g

Posted at 4:14 AM on August 30, 2012

who knows maybe Jenna was pretending to be blind so she could spy on Toby or something and that’s why she didn’t want the girls to tell anyone because she was afraid of Toby. It seems like those two aren’t filmed in any scenes anymore.

-xo A

Posted at 3:25 AM on August 30, 2012

lots of twists and turns. this is only the mid-season finale though, so chill out because there’s a lot more coming from where that came from.

g

Posted at 2:54 AM on August 30, 2012

lol thannnk you alison I want to see aria and his bro hook it up

g

Posted at 2:44 AM on August 30, 2012

The Toby issue doesn’t make much sense because he was helping Spencer try to spy on Jenna and to get rid of A before. So either he just joined the A team or maybe he was in it a long time ago. He seems like a good person though? So if he really is on the A team I’m thinking maybe he will start to help out the girls now that he is even closer to Spencer if he wasn’t before then maybe he will now. Its a bit back and forth for me. I don’t care either way I guess but I feel like Spencer is wasting time and energy on someone that doesn’t deserve it. Maybe he really does love her now and will want to do the right thing. I don’t think he just joined the A team for bad intentions now he would of joined a long time ago which means he’s probably been on it from the beginning. It wouldn’t make sense to join it now unless he wanted to help in some way.

Alison

Posted at 2:36 AM on August 30, 2012

I think that a major factor of the scene with emily alone in the cabin was the phone call. she received a phone call saying that she had 1 minute to get out, and she never left. I want to know who was calling her! I knew that Toby was an ‘A’ from around when he and Spencer met up. I mean, come on. He says things like ‘I know who you really are’, he was also wearing a black jacket, and Spencer is the most dedicated of the girls and the one to always go the extra mile (in my opinion). Since Toby promised her his love and took her virginity, he now sorta has a control over her. He can break her at any second. This gives him power as an ‘A’ to use himself as a potential fake victim, or get info on what’s going on in Spencer’s head. Because really, Spencer gives him a lot of her thoughts and feelings about what’s going on in her life, and he could completely use that against her. As for another ‘A’, I think that Wren is a possibility, and I’ve kinda ruled out Garrett because he never really caught my attention as a potential ‘A’. I’m still a little iffy about Paige. Her and Emily seemed to be sharing looks at the end when Emily was being questioned. I think Paige may have shot Caleb. I really hope that he lives though. Even though I could also see him as being a little guilty of something. I think he’s the one who made the call to Emily; using a fake voice to scare her and make her really listen and to get out. And how did he know to tell the girls that nobody was coming to meet them? I’m not saying I think he’s an ‘A’, I just think he has more knowledge of the situation than the others, that we don’t see yet. As for Melissa not being mentioned recently, I think she’ll become more of a main topic now that Garett’s out since Mrs. Hastings had some blackmail related to Melissa and Ali that I think we’ll find out about!! Also, I am just so annoyed at Aria. Who is she kidding?! She shouldn’t have visited Maggie! I also sort of think that Maggie still has a thing for Ezra, and will later use their child as a way to get them together again. I also want Aria and Ezra’s brother to hook up. I really think they could have some potential sexual tension!

g

Posted at 3:07 AM on August 30, 2012

:) hope aria hooks up with ezra’s bro just bc it would be fun to watch and also funny that she was with both brothers.. but im thinking it will happen because they will show that ezra has more history with his ex and they have more in common so im guessing his brother probably tries to console her then they start to bond over it.

katharinafelschen

Posted at 5:01 PM on September 13, 2012

I’m pretty sure it was Toby who called Em and told her to leave. His voice was altered, just as it was in the very end when we saw him as one of the A-team doing a phone call . Him warning Em (to leave the house before “Nate” returns) only supports a suspicion many of us have: he might only be in the A-team to make sure nothing really bad happens to the girls.

Fiona White

Posted at 8:45 AM on September 21, 2012

Ah but we didn’t see Toby at the end making the phone call, just the back of a person in a black hoodie!

Roxy