‘Pretty Little Liars’ Summer Finale Recap: Maya’s Killer Is Revealed

Tue, August 28, 2012 11:59pm EST by 229 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family (3)

kelly

Posted at 11:17 AM on August 29, 2012

If Toby is really part of the “A Team” why did the “A Team” mess with the scaffolding he was on and try to kill him? So that leaves us with him infiltrating the A Team – which I’m guessing that’s the case, and they perhaps won’t reveal that to us until later. What bugs me about that theory is, how was it that easy for him to get on the A team when the girls have spent the whole series just trying to figure out who is behind A in the first place.

Colette

Posted at 10:58 AM on August 29, 2012

how can Toby be part of ‘A’ team? he proved that he loves Spenser many times!
for how long is he A?

Colette

Posted at 10:57 AM on August 29, 2012

how can Toby be part of ‘A’ team? he proved that he love Spenser many times!
for how long is he A?

mady

Posted at 10:24 AM on August 29, 2012

I always knew ever since season 1 that Toby was A. He is just really creepy but I was not expecting Nate at all!

vincent clark

Posted at 10:13 AM on August 29, 2012

I think maybe Nate came back for a few seconds to shoot Caleb (if you’ve seen the Scream movies you understand). I’m so ashamed of Toby but at the same time I have faith and want to believe he’s only pretending.

Cyrine Abbes

Posted at 11:24 AM on August 29, 2012

Yeahhhh … me Too ! i really hope he is pretending !!

Joana

Posted at 11:51 AM on August 29, 2012

I Believe to! Toby could be pretending to catch the others from de time A. I love toby I believe him.

Ellie

Posted at 10:08 AM on August 29, 2012

It was obviously Nate who accidently shot Celeb as he was aiming for Emily! The real ‘A’ called the girls to thank Emily for killing Nate as she got Garrat out of jail so he can cause havoc!

Sophie

Posted at 10:00 AM on August 29, 2012

WTF? I was soo happy with SPOBY and at the end : Toby is part of the A team! But, when Toby said to Spencer that he loves her I think that it is sincere so I’m gonna have faith.. SPOBY FOREVERRRR

PLL LOVER ♥♥♥

Posted at 9:28 AM on August 29, 2012

OMG THAT WAS CRAAZZZYYYYY ! I KNNEEEWWWWWW NATE WAS MAYAS STALKER ! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT ! LOL ! WHAT I DIDNT KNOW WAS THAT TOBY WAS A ! I CANT BELIEVE IT !!! I FEEL SOOOOOO BAD FOR SPENCER !!!! :'(

jgreer

Posted at 9:11 AM on August 29, 2012

I thought the gun accidentally went off because he sat it behind him and then they hugged and leaned up against it!

Katie

Posted at 8:39 AM on August 29, 2012

What if Caleb was shot by Paige? No one was talking to her at the end and Emily ran away from her!!

Ellie

Posted at 8:19 AM on August 29, 2012

Mona and Toby are definitely working for someone because A has been there from the very beginning – when the girls got the text after Ali’s funeral, it definitely wasn’t Toby or Mona, maybe the twin idea from the books is in the series.

ChefdMarie

Posted at 7:10 AM on August 29, 2012

I know this is kind of old but what about Lucas? They showed him in a few episodes and that’s it. Remember when Ezra had to run up on him to save Aria? So what’s the deal with him now?

Jenn

Posted at 7:01 AM on August 29, 2012

I kinda had a feeling that the show was trying to tell us who A is the whole time. There were a lot of hints it was Toby like when A kept trying to find apartments in that city-the same city that Toby moved to…

STILL HEARTBROKEN AS EVER. But notice how A never effected Toby and Spencers relationship. I do think that Tobys in because he being blackmailed and wants to help spencer and, because the A team needed someone close to them.

AND, About Caleb getting shot. When Nate/Lyndon got stabbed he probably just was not dead yet and tried to kill Emily anyways. Then gun was not that far away from him and Emilys and Caleb’s backs were turned

ChefdMarie

Posted at 6:59 AM on August 29, 2012

Emily didn’t shoot Caleb Nate St. Jermain did. As in all movies the person is never dead.

Jess

Posted at 6:16 AM on August 29, 2012

I have a feeling Toby is in the A team to protect Spencer.

ChefdMarie

Posted at 6:56 AM on August 29, 2012

Yes I agree!

Mary

Posted at 5:34 AM on August 29, 2012

I wish they would cut that show off the air!! Bunch of drama queen slutty whores and tramps and lesbians and bys!!

Sasha Evans

Posted at 6:18 AM on August 29, 2012

If you can’t stand the show then just stop watching it.. Simple as that!!! Not everybody is like you okay? There are people who love this this awesome show!!! >:(

Chris

Posted at 7:23 AM on August 29, 2012

Drop off a cliff. Lesbians rock.

courtney0018

Posted at 9:20 AM on August 29, 2012

good grammar.

jo

Posted at 5:33 AM on August 29, 2012

I don’t think Toby is evil at all, i think he’s on the A team to protect the girls. Well i hope so otherwise my Spoby heart will be broken</3

monica

Posted at 5:23 AM on August 29, 2012

toby told emily to get out of the house.. remember when he called with the creepy voice. Maybe he was trying to protect her from Nate. Sooo maybe he isnt evil

EmilycT

Posted at 12:22 PM on August 29, 2012

I didn’t think about that, but you very well could be right!!

elina

Posted at 4:15 AM on August 29, 2012

my heart broken at the end too! i started crying when caleb got shot and then i just saw toby was A …OMGGGGG!!!! ;( ;( ;( ;( how could he??? or maybe he is in the A team to protect Spencer or something but his face was soo creepy!

Callie

Posted at 4:04 AM on August 29, 2012

Omg my heart broken at the end..no it can’t be Toby, Spoby is the reason I started watching pll</3

Greer

Posted at 3:54 AM on August 29, 2012

Didn’t you guys think, if it’s not Emily who shot Caleb then she must’ve helped. I mean she can’t be in a small room hugging the victim then BOOM he’s shot and she doesn’t know who did it! There’s definitely something fishy about Emily. And what was with PAIGE! I mean come on the girls a bit weird but the way she looked at Emily while they were together when Emily was telling her about her friends and then again when Emily was talking to the police.OMG! Paige shot Caleb! I mean she was around the area, her and Emily traded some anxious glances towards each other at the end! WHAT’S GOING ON!?

elina

Posted at 4:20 AM on August 29, 2012

yeees it was so weird! i mean…someone shot caleb and nate was dead! come on emily didnt see anithing?? i always though emily has a secret she never told and maybe she shot caleb or it was paige because they are some strange team too or they both are in the A team or emily just wanted to protect paige…i’m so confused…

Kat

Posted at 4:46 AM on August 29, 2012

Yer one problem Paige was tied up until someone came to release her and thats was probably the police, so she isnt gunna run off and shoot someone is she.

Jess

Posted at 6:20 AM on August 29, 2012

Well when the girls went in the cabin, Paige wasn’t there. They didn’t find Paige. The question is who untied her after Emily ran out? Because Emily & Nate sure didn’t. And when the girls went in the cabin, Paige wasn’t there tied up. She was nowhere. I wonder what happened to her after Emily and Nate went outside.

flawless

Posted at 9:28 AM on August 29, 2012

the girls and caleb went to 2 different places. when they were looking it up to see where emily was they said there was a lighthouse inn in two different towns so they split up to make sure they found her.

KellyJo

Posted at 7:28 AM on August 29, 2012

I totally agree! It has to be her. They would have showed Garrett getting up and shooting Caleb if it were him. They left it open ended for a reason! And Paige is psycho. I never trusted her, EVER. She’s too fricken weird for Emily. Just not okay at all.

DDD

Posted at 3:14 PM on August 29, 2012

I thought that Paige walked over to the cops Emily was with and she ‘distracted’ them with talking about her take of the incident so that Emily could go over to Hannah and friends.

However, about the part where Caleb got shot it seems like Emily and Paige knew something that’s why Emily look so guilty when she saw Hannah cry and was so eager to go to her.

Greer

Posted at 3:50 AM on August 29, 2012

Didn’t you guys think, if it’s not Emily who shot Caleb then she must’ve helped. I mean she can’t be in a small room hugging the victim then BOOM he’s shot and she doesn’t know who did it! There’s definitely something fishy about Emily. And what was with PAIGE! I mean come on the girls a bit weird but the way she looked at Emily while they were together and Emily was telling her about her friends and then again when Emily was talking to the police…I sense another MASSIVE twist!

Tray

Posted at 3:41 AM on August 29, 2012

I think Paige shot caleb because Emily wasn’t even interested in Paige at the end she basically ignored her. As for Toby I hope he is innocent and helping the girls.

kaly

Posted at 3:36 AM on August 29, 2012

What if the twin isn’t Ali’s but Toby’s? Explains the creepy looks and the sudden urges for sexy time. How scary if you lost your virginity to your boyfriend’s evil twin while your real boyfriend was off in wherever his new job is.—-Wealthyloves.c0m— to meet rich friends in the world. hope the twist is something crazy like these and not generic like having Ali have a twin.

Sarah

Posted at 3:14 AM on August 29, 2012

Has anyone else noticed that Garrett is Paolo from the Lizzie McGuire movie and Maggie is Bianca from 10 Things I Hate About You? Just cannot bring myself to look at Garrett the same way anymore, I just picture him with a fake Italian accent now.