‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EDT by 1,058 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

Michelle Yeoh

Posted at 12:40 AM on November 16, 2012

Please bring Jane by design back! I really love this show, please bring it back for us! This series is just too amazing to be canceled.

karla

Posted at 11:49 PM on November 15, 2012

I am so upset this show Is cancelled. I Love this show and did not know it was cancelled, they need to bring Jane by design back, I was super excited for What was gonna happen next. I think ABC made a really bad decision, a dumb one. Bring Jane by design back!

Draco

Posted at 12:42 PM on November 15, 2012

I BEG FOR A SEASON 2 PLEASEEE!

Ana Sofia

Posted at 9:52 PM on November 14, 2012

we BEG for season 2…this series was AMAZING!! they can’t just cancel it :( im really sad about it…it was my favorite show EVER

Stella

Posted at 3:54 PM on November 14, 2012

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell ABC family to give us back the show. I don’t care if they didn’t like it. no one cares about their opinion.our opinions are the only ones that matter in the world of TV shows. And we loved it. So they have to give it back. All the same actors. no casting changes.

Euni

Posted at 1:07 PM on November 13, 2012

Damn it ABC. Just give us back this show.

Ashleigh

Posted at 10:44 PM on November 12, 2012

They Can’t Cancel Jane By Design! Thats one of my favorite shows on Abc Family. Mondays was Switched at Birth, Tuesday are Jane By Design Then Pretty Little Liars. Now that they have decided to take out Jane By Design, I feel like there’s nothing to look forward to anymore. Why couldn’t they have canceled Bun heads or the lying game or something else.

Galie

Posted at 9:43 PM on November 12, 2012

I love the show just finished watching on Netflix …. the can’t cancel ………

Lili

Posted at 5:52 PM on November 12, 2012

This is just dumb abc has cancelled to many shows and it’s not necessary to do that!

I love Jane by design

Posted at 11:08 PM on November 11, 2012

I started watching this show late. I mean late, like on Netflix. I was literally FREAKING out during the last episode. I realized that I haven’t seen on tv recently, so when I looked up ‘season two Jane by design’……. MY HEART JUST SANK! I loved EVERYTHING, from the outfits of the characters, to the characters themselves. It deserves to be the ABC way faster than some of these crappy shows!

Megan

Posted at 8:35 PM on November 11, 2012

This was a good show and it’s a shame that they cancelled it especially when they continue renew seasons and episodes for shows that are horrible like Secret Life of an American Teenager! (by way of imdb standards jane by design got a 7.2 out of 10 rating and secret life a 4.8 out of 10 and it can be hard to please people on imdb)

Mel23

Posted at 3:41 PM on November 11, 2012

I loved this show so much! I wish I had watched it on TV more, instead of my ipad. But it probably wouldn’t have made a difference. It was just one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. And it seemed like an exact replica of my life. (Without the secret job and double life :) ) I’m really gonna miss it. I’ll just imagine that Zoe did end up being Billy’s Cinderella ( because I love them together), and hope that Jane ends up happy. I love you Jane by Design! :,(

Alexandra

Posted at 11:42 AM on November 11, 2012

There is nothing that we can do to have a season 2? This show is amazing it can’t end just like that =(

Dr. M

Posted at 7:01 PM on November 9, 2012

Some shows like Bunheads, Melissa & Joey, and Baby Daddy were unnecessary. No one even likes them. If they’re worried about fans then dont be, they’re all there. They should definetely reconsider their choice because Jane and Billy, we’re waiting for you.

Mackenzie

Posted at 8:15 PM on November 8, 2012

So many people watched that show, I waited every week just for it to come on. And why would you end like you did and never finish it??(: THAT SHOW WAS AMAZING!!!!!

Ashton

Posted at 2:51 AM on November 8, 2012

I can’t believe this show was cancelled, I loved it!

Heleene

Posted at 5:56 AM on November 7, 2012

To finish the show like that is rude, the end was so exiting and I was so waiting for the the season 2 come out, pffff, this really sucks. I really hope that some other channel would pick up the show.

Kim Malo

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 6, 2012

I LOVED THIS SHOW -.-
YOU GUYS SUCK-.-
I WOULD RUN TO THE COUCH EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT -.-
& HOW DARE YOU END THE SEASON LIKE THAT -.- ?

sed

Posted at 4:54 PM on November 6, 2012

WTFFFFFFFF
THAT SHOW HAD THE POTENTIAL TO FRIGGIN ROOCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! :(
this season was supposed to be amazing….
i was so looking forward to it…
and im canadian and dont even get it on tv….

lololol

Posted at 5:06 PM on November 7, 2012

mee tooo!!! :(

Johanna

Posted at 5:27 AM on November 6, 2012

The first season just ended here in South Africa and I was so disappointed to learn that it was not being renewed. I hope they change their minds.

madison

Posted at 9:16 PM on November 5, 2012

i LOVED the show!!! so sad it is cancelled :( please bring it back!!!

Heather

Posted at 8:48 PM on November 5, 2012

I really liked this show i think it’s messed up that abc keeps putting a show on for one season then cancelling it!! altleast end it where there is no suspense left but no they just have to keep people hanging!!! It’s so messed up!!!!!!!!!!

Helena

Posted at 10:31 AM on November 5, 2012

I really loves that show it just left me hanging and I really want to know more I want to contact ABC Family for more information on why not like really Jane and Billy wonderful. I hope ABC Family is ready for the heck that they are going through and are cause I ain’t done with this I need this show this show took me in a direction I wouldn’t had have gone in I really found myself watching this show I really like the life they live and want mine like that. If someone can get me the contact info on ABC Family phone number we are going to have Jan By Design.

Gray

Posted at 7:07 AM on November 5, 2012

Damn! – I was so looking forward to season 2. Just loved it!
What ever the ABC have planned it won’t even get close to what they had!
So disappointed all round! :(

Angelica

Posted at 9:54 PM on November 4, 2012

That is so not fair!!! I looked forward to watching it every Tuesday! Come on abc! That’s just not cool