‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EDT by 1,060 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

Jane

Posted at 12:37 AM on September 17, 2014

6 Words:

Jane by Design

BRING IT BACK !

Polina

Posted at 5:05 AM on July 29, 2014

Do I need an end to the series in the style of Jane
for me it was the end did not clear to me
I was hoping that Billy and Jane are not just friends and that their friendship will grow into something more. Recognition of feelings for each other. I DEMAND SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!

sam1294

Posted at 7:42 AM on July 24, 2014

I loved this shoe why did it have to end? It makes absolutely no sense. I know that show had ally of support so there is no reason got it not to be renewed. Bad call abc family bad call!

sharkeshia

Posted at 3:49 AM on July 13, 2014

i just need billy ;(

Jane

Posted at 12:34 AM on September 17, 2014

We ALL need Billy!!! :’C

Ola

Posted at 5:48 PM on July 8, 2014

I really wish that it can be continued because it’s not fair for the show to end in a suspense just as it did. Pleeeeeeease let us have a season 2 to watch…i really love the show and all the characters are incredible.

Hayley Quinn

Posted at 11:57 AM on July 5, 2014

The actors don’t seem to be very busy at the moment so this would be the perfect time to film the second season, just to tie up the loose ends. So we can all find out who Billy will pick. What happens with Jane’s job. Jeremy’s line. Me being a teenager myself, I feel as though this could have been huge! This is the kind of thing teenagers watch. It already was quite popular and seeing it on tumblr a lot promoted it so many other people watched this and live it as much as me and hope for even one more season so we can find out what happens. I really hope this is brought back to tv soon with a new season.:’)

Demi Franta

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 5, 2014

Jane by Design is an amazing show. Why was it cancelled? I am honestly done with ABC Family. There has been so many good shows by them that they just cancelled and frankly, I’ve had enough. I only watched JBD this year but love it so much. I really hope you bring the show back soon as it is so inspirational and showed teens that anything was possible if you put your mind to it and tried hard enough to achieve it. Also, I really wanna know what happens to Jane and Billy. If they ever get together or if he stays with Zoe and Jane with Eli or possibly a new/old love interest? I don’t know Jeremy or Nick? I need to know and hope this tv series gets renewed sometime very soon. Within the next year or two.

Safran Schivani

Posted at 7:21 AM on July 5, 2014

I really loved that show.How could they leave us hanging and curious this way? This means that I won’t see Jane,the girl whom I adored so much!

Margo Collazo

Posted at 9:55 PM on June 28, 2014

Jane by Design is a lovely show. Why why was it cancelled ?? ABC Family? I think not. Here was a “family ” show even the teens could watch; even a bit supportive of initiative; family support; anything is possible!!

Jalene

Posted at 5:27 PM on June 22, 2014

It’s been years bring it back please!! 😭😭😭😭😭

Eglutee

Posted at 2:52 PM on June 18, 2014

OMG NOOOO!!! Bring it back, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Nicole

Posted at 6:15 PM on June 10, 2014

I really loved that pleeeeeeeease give ma back my JBD I want this so much , it was an amazing show one of my favorite . Like Kyle xy please bring it back! ;( 😭😭😭

michelle

Posted at 12:20 AM on June 4, 2014

this is was one of my favorite shows to watch and then abc family took it away!

Panda Go

Posted at 5:28 PM on May 25, 2014

Please bring it back :( I really want more of Jane By Design! :(

Patricia Go

Posted at 10:59 AM on May 8, 2014

Bring it back please!!! I really loved the show and the last episode didn’t give any answwers … The story is left untold or unrevealed especially the feelings of Jane for Billy! :)) :((

Alexandria mesa

Posted at 8:35 AM on May 27, 2014

Please bring back Jane by design because we need to know the reaction of billy when she tells him and i really liked that show