‘Jane By Design’ Canceled By ABC Family

Fri, August 17, 2012 4:10pm EDT by 1,039 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

‘Jane By Design’ won’t return for a second season, ABC Family confirms.

It’s with much sadness that I report ABC Family has decided not to renew Jane By Design. The decision was announced Aug. 17, on the heels of several other series — BunheadsMelissa & JoeyBaby Daddy and Switched at Birth — receiving new season and back-order pickups.

The show’s first season ended with Jane (Erica Dasher) finally getting caught by boss Gray (Andie MacDowell) for being in high school, after spending the series posing as her adult assistant. She had also finally acknowledged her feelings for best-friend Billy (Nick Roux).

Several of the shows stars thanked fans for their support over Twitter:

“Thank you so much for everything!!!” Jane herself, Erica, tweeted. “It was incredible and you all are the best part of that experience. Love love love”

Rowly Dennis, who played hot-shot British design Jeremy, tweeted: “Sorry guys, no more Jane By Design.”

Bryan Dechart, who played Gray’s nephew Eli, tweeted: “You guys are incredible and we truly appreciate your support. Eli’s gone, I’m not. :-)”

Are you bummed about the end of Jane By Design? Vote below, then drop me a comment with your strongest reactions, fondest memories, and most effective coping mechanisms.

— Andy Swift

More on Jane By Design:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Season 2: A New Guy For Jane & More I Want To See
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Jane’s Secret Is Finally Exposed
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Summer Finale: Billy’s Decision & 5 More Spoilers

Love Unicorn (@rianelladiva)

Posted at 2:10 PM on April 18, 2014

Hey, How if we tweet and trend #BringJaneByDesignBack in twitter. How if it trends worldwide and ABC Family sees it? will it change a lot? Let’s do it, shall we? #BringJaneByDesignBack

Joel

Posted at 11:29 PM on April 17, 2014

I loved the show. It seems like everytime there is a show that displays characters that have good moral values and set good examples for teenagers to look up to, the show never seems to last very long. This does not say much for the networks that would rather aire ‘crappy’ shows that leave the viewers brain dead…

Janelle

Posted at 7:38 AM on April 17, 2014

It’s just so upsetting. Please, producers, ABC family, please return Jane by Design. Pleaaaase

Janelle

Posted at 7:37 AM on April 17, 2014

It’s just so sad that they cancelled it. I’m a girl who loves fashion too. And this, Jane by Design is inspiring me. For Jane, as a high school student, fulfilling her dreams, For Ben, who gave up his big thing for Jane. If there’s a way , voting a lot, flooding ABC family, just for Jane by Design to get back, We, your fans would do it. We would do anything for Jane by Design to get back again. I just wish that you’ll really be back and I also wish for ABC family to read all these comments and realize that they made a big mistake.

Kate

Posted at 12:35 AM on April 15, 2014

I want it back now i wanna know what happens. They should have eliminated bunheads I know not a lot of people watch that. My friend J.L. Love that show, plus it’s no longer on netflix so I can’t rematch it over and over again. :(:(:(:(

suzie

Posted at 9:13 PM on April 13, 2014

Im literally going to cry this show made me feel something no other show has ever made me feel i would love every minute of it BRING IT BACK NOW

suzie

Posted at 9:12 PM on April 13, 2014

WHY IS THIS AMAZING SHOW CANCELLED PLEASE HAVE A SEASON TWO IT WAS THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER WATCHED I AM SO SAD WHY DO YOU CANCEL THE GOOD SHOWS WHYYYYYYY

Natasha

Posted at 7:48 PM on April 9, 2014

Jane By Design was such an amazing show. It was my favorite show. It gave me something to actually look forward to and the fact that it got canceled is so upsetting. I’m begging the producers to bring back my favorite show Jane By Design. Please.

daisy pantoja

Posted at 5:57 PM on March 30, 2014

whyyy ??? i reallly loved this show please bring it back i cant live without this show its really depressing that its cancelled it like the only show i liked

ERICA

Posted at 11:53 AM on March 30, 2014

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK I LOVE IT MORE THAN PIZZA AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING SO PLSSSSSSSSSS BRING IT BACK

Ronnie

Posted at 12:42 AM on March 28, 2014

I’m s freaking tired of all the good shows getting cancelled wtf is wrong with society they only like stupid pointless shows that is either sexual, ignorant, and adults who fight each other just to make the show interesting, why can’t we have something that’s good clean and respectable. Just stupid.

Angela

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 26, 2014

Can you PLEASE bring jane by design back ! Back everybody would so appreciate that

Dustin

Posted at 12:25 PM on March 22, 2014

It was clean and didn’t have pregnant teens or murder so you had to get rid of it? That is so pathetic! I loved all the fashion and wit. I thought it far more wholesome and respectable than that stupid American Teenager show that is for what reason still going idk! So ridiculous! I have lost all respect for you ABC family!

Tiffany

Posted at 9:36 AM on March 16, 2014

People are still fighting for this show up to this day. Please. It was perfect.

VA

Posted at 3:27 AM on March 12, 2014

Please who ever has a power in movie industry please BRING BACK JANE BY DESIGN I LOVE THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH! It”s a wonderful show to end it like that! Please make it come back! =’(

Morgan

Posted at 9:10 PM on March 6, 2014

I really wish you would bring the show back… I just saw Nick Roux on Pretty little Liars and it reminded me of Jane By Design and how much I miss it… PLEASE BRING ON A SECOND SEASON!!! :)

Casie Amaru Love

Posted at 8:29 PM on March 4, 2014

Pleaseeee bring this show back!!!!!!!!!! Can’t you see we love and miss this show

Stacy tatcasi

Posted at 4:16 AM on March 1, 2014

Please Please Please, bring Jane by Design back!! How can they just leave the ending like that!!!

Beba Carriles

Posted at 8:09 PM on February 24, 2014

BRING JANE BY DESIGN! YALL TAKE DOWN ALL OF THE BEST SHOWS!
VERY DISAPOINTED

Quisha

Posted at 1:34 PM on February 23, 2014

Bring jane by design back !!! It was a wonderful show and taught u that any dream is possible as long as u want it bad. Please bring it back !! That’s all I ask.

Chalsy

Posted at 1:48 AM on February 23, 2014

Please bring jane by design back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my friends are devastated when we found out that jane by design season isnt gonna happen. We loved that show so so so so much, Praying it’ll come back!

Agiona bynum

Posted at 10:05 AM on February 8, 2014

i love jane by design. it showed me fashion & living double life. which many of us teenagers live. we have jobs school & relationship problems. I just taught that show was very inspirational to me and many more people. i use too couldn’t wait too watch it every Tuesday. I really wish they would bring it back. i feel like we all have hard lives. And Jane by design showed us we can still manage too make it threw the rough times, So if y’all can bring it back too ABC!