'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Jenna Goes Public, While 'A' Turns To Drugs

Tue, July 10, 2012 9:31pm EST by 17 Comments
Pretty Little Liars 305

I always knew ‘A’ was twisted, but even I couldn’t have predicted chemical warfare. Always double check your drinks, girls!

Science really can do some amazing things these days. Not only did Jenna (Tammin Sursok) regain her sight, but as we saw on the July 10 episode of Pretty Little Liars, she also gained the ability to throw a bitchin’ party! Of course, like all big events in Rosewood, her birthday celebration quickly took “A” tragic turn.

M.I.A. from the party was Hanna (Ashley Benson), who was forced to volunteer at a church clothing drive with her mom. And while Ashley (Laura Leighton) shared her cookies with a handsome stranger — I always figured she’d be loose with her baked goods — her daughter stumbled on one of “A”‘s little surprises: a jacket Emily (Shay Mitchell) wore the night Alison’s body went missing! But how did it get there? When did Emily take it off? And who else did Emily run into that night?

Unfortunately Emily doesn’t have any of those answers, because it turns out she was drugged that night! The drug resurfaced at Jenna’s party, this time in Paige’s (Lindsey Shaw) drink, and it wasn’t long before homegirl was bleeding out on the dance floor. While waiting in the emergency room, Nate grilled Emily about the nature of her relationship with Paige — and I couldn’t help but feel like his questions were all suspiciously pointed. Could he have some feelings for his dead cousin’s ex? (Wow, that was a complicated sentence.)

After an uncomfortably tense run-in with Lucas (Brendan Robinson), Aria (Lucy Hale) emptied out his camera bag and found — dun, dun, dun — the same pills that had been slipped in Emily and Paige’s respective drinks! I hope she discusses her discovery with Ezra (Ian Harding) as soon as he’s out of the shower. … Great, now I’m thinking about Ezra in the shower. As are you.

Meanwhile, Queen Spencer (Troian Bellisario) also did a little detective work at the hospital — and she wasn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. She paid a visit to Garrett’s (Yani Gellman) comatose mother and discovered a note that read “April Rose has the proof.” If you’re wondering who April Rose is, don’t worry, you’re not alone.

Looks like we’ve got some new mysteries to solve: Who is ‘April Rose’? Was she the ‘other’ person with Emily the night Alison’s body went missing? And why aren’t people making a bigger deal about Jenna suddenly being able to see? (Oh, people of Rosewood. Nothing surprises you anymore.) Drop me a comment with your theories!

— Andy Swift

More Pretty Little Liars News:

1. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recap: The Black Swan Is Finally Revealed
  2. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recap: Melissa’s Big Baby Secret Is Revealed
  3. Robbie Amell Joins ‘Pretty Little Liars’ As Noel Kahn’s Older Brother Eric

Katarina

Posted at 2:37 PM on July 22, 2012

I like Em being lez cause every TV show is the same when it comes to girls they fall in love with a guy then it all goes down hill from there plus Em is my favorite character

Katarina

Posted at 2:33 PM on July 22, 2012

i think April Rose isn’t a person but a thing

Kayla .B.

Posted at 3:28 PM on July 22, 2012

we already no that is true they saided an told it already!!!!!!!!!

JANET Q.

Posted at 4:03 PM on July 18, 2012

I remember the first episode of PLL ( season 1 episode 1) Hannah was putting on lipstick and her mother asks, is that April Rose? Dun Dun Dun…. wow, got me confused. Not that i have anything against Em being a lez but i would love for her to go back to being into guys, mainly because Maya’s cuz is not that bad, actually he is really good. But if they are holding the lez way for Ems, I would like that blonde girl I dont know her name, but the one who helped her with the colleges and that stuff. And i think “a” put those pill there in poor Lucas things, my guess is that he visits Mona because she used to be like him (the before mona, the gone popular, then crazy psycho wannabe), a cool nerd without much friend, it’s just that the girls are so paranoid that cant leave anything like that. well thats all!!

thebettersarah

Posted at 3:46 AM on July 18, 2012

I think paige is psychotic and got mats out of her way. She was either truly jealous of her and klled her, or is in fact fabricating the whole gay story just to be closer to Emily. Remember when she held emilys head under water? That’s not something u do to someone you like….”A” probably recruited her around that time.

Lily

Posted at 4:56 PM on July 17, 2012

Can Emily get a new female love interest? I liked Emily and Maya, but was ready to concede and move on to Emily and Paige since I assume that’s where they are going, but unfortunately I don’t find that Shay and Lindsey have any sexual chemistry. Wish they cast someone new for Emily.

Andy what are your thoughts about a potential new love interest for Emily? Someone new or are you digging Paige?

PrettyLittleLover

Posted at 7:52 AM on July 11, 2012

To be honest, from the start I have always suspected Jenna to be lying about her blindness. I know she said she was trying to catch her “stalker” and thought “being blind” would help but I think it’s the other way aroun. Like she thought it would be easier for her to watch Aria, Hanna etc if they thought she was blind. As for April Rose, I have no idea although I think it could be the red trenchcoat person!

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:06 PM on July 11, 2012

Well, she wasn’t ALWAYS lying about being blind, right?

Emma

Posted at 3:45 AM on July 11, 2012

I think Lucas is innocent in all this but is just being made look bad by A. I agree with the pills being planted there. A probably knew Aria was going to find out since she was on her way to his bag and A being smarty pants planted them, that was his shadow im assuming. But…. was Lucas just happened to be in front of the camera store as Aria came out? hmmm, suspicions.

I also feel A had something to do with Garretts moms illness, either Garrett told A to do it, or A did it to get Garrett out of jail to use him as bate for a future scheme. Surprised no Mona in this episode, but were those pills come from Mona? hmm

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:18 AM on July 13, 2012

You think “A” is making Lucas look bad? I think he’s doing a fine job of that all by himself. lol

PLL Fan

Posted at 12:08 AM on July 14, 2012

At the end of the episode they show A rifling through a purse that contains a pic of Emily with a heart on it, a couple other things, and a pill bottle with Maya’s name on it!!!!!

PLL Fan

Posted at 11:13 PM on July 10, 2012

Is it just me or did it seem like Nate and Jenna some how knew eachother. I mean right away Jenna looked at him and smiled. Even when she walked over to him in the dinner or whatever that place was they didnt even tell each other their names. Also has anyone ever thought that Paige could be A, or at least helping the A Team out. I mean its usally the quite ones you dont ecpect I mean look at Lucas no one really thought he wold be apart of this. Speaking of Lucas I dont think he’s the one who drugged Emily. I mean we saw a shadow of someone in the photo shop or whatever that place was with Aria maybe before Aria got there he/she broke in and planted the drugs in Lucas’es bag.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:19 AM on July 13, 2012

Oh, I’ve ALWAYS thought Paige was on the A-Team. In fact, I think she may have even had something to do with Maya’s death.

diva

Posted at 11:10 PM on July 10, 2012

What if April Rose is Alison’s twin? You never know it could make sense if you think about it Alison and April. She could be tangling everyone in the web of “A”! I don’t think A drugged Paige I think when Emily let Paige keep the flask it had still had some tampered alcohol in it, which probably was the best thing that could’ve happened because it led to them knowing what really happened to Emily ” that night “! Jenna is a pawn in the A game! She’s not a leader just part of A team!!!!

PLL Fan

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 10, 2012

Emily’s flask was drugged. A didnt drug Paige A drugged Emily I dont even think A intended on Paige drinking that flask but it happened anyway.

Tobbe

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 10, 2012

A has used chemical warfare before, on Emily, when spiking her lotions with steroids. Poor Emily, she’s the nicest out of the four liars but still it seems like she always gets it the worst.

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:06 PM on July 11, 2012

That’s right! I totally forgot about the steroids!