'Teen Wolf' Recap: Another Enemy Discovers Scott's Big Secret

Tue, June 19, 2012 12:01am EDT by 15 Comments

Plus, we have new clues about the identity of the lizard creature! Who’s ready to play detective?

I was wondering when Allison’s (Crystal Reed) grandpa was finally going to figure out Scott’s (Tyler Posey) hairy surprise, but I have to admit, the revelation happened sooner than I thought — and there was way more stabbing involved. Grandpappy Argent confronted Scott on the June 18 episode of Teen Wolf, demanding his help in exchange for not killing his mom. Because grandparents are cute like that.

Of course, that maniacal geriatric wasn’t the only threat facing Scott and the gang this week. They also had an impromptu pool party with the lizard creature, where they learned it’s afraid of two things: water and its own reflection. For more info., Scott got his hands on the Argent family bestiary — not to be confused with bestiality, which is what Scott and Allison commit every time they have sex — and I have a feeling the revelations have only just begun.

It also looks like we’re back to square one on the whole “Is Jackson (Colton Haynes) Still Human” debate. Upon further examination, Danny (Keahu Kahuanui) discovered that Jackson’s little home movie was actually on a two-hour loop. So while it looked like Jackson was merely lying in bed all night, there’s no telling what he could have been up to.

(Follow-up question: Is the MTV store selling copies of that tape? Because I’d like to — I mean “a friend” would like to — get his hands on one. For research purposes.)

But Jackson’s humanity isn’t the only one still being called into question. Beacon Hills’ resident basket case Lydia (Holland Roden) woke up bleeding with a smashed mirror, and even a trip to the new guidance counselor — Bianca Lawson finally played an adult, you guys — couldn’t sort out her thoughts. At least her emotional wreckage gave Stiles (Dylan O’Brien) another excuse to be adorable. Don’t even try to tell me you didn’t melt when he told her she looks beautiful when she cries!

Now for some really bad news: Scott’s got some competition coming his way! Matt (Stephen Lunsford) was creepin’ it up real nicely during the lacrosse game by taking pictures of Allison. He likes what he sees, and given the events of this week’s twist ending, I’m wondering how long Scott and Allison can actually maintain a (secret) relationship.

I’d now like to give a special shout out to “Coach” (Orny Adams), who reached new levels of professionalism this week by throwing a disoriented Danny back into the game (“How many fingers am I holding up? … Say two!”) and by pulling Boyd (Sinqua Walls) out of the stands to join his team. Considering his general disregard for his players’ well-being, I’m thinking he and Jerry Sandusky would make a phenomenal coaching team.

I’d ALSO like to give a shout out to Teen Wolf‘s wardrobe department for singlehandedly keeping the tanktop industry afloat. I don’t know if we ever knew that mechanic’s name in this week’s opening scene, but by God, I will never forget him.

So… your thoughts on tonight’s episode? Are you more convinced than ever that Lydia is the lizard creature, or is Jackson now high up on your list as well? Drop a comment with your best theories.

— Andy Swift

More Teen Wolf:

1. ‘Teen Wolf’ Scoop: Meet Bianca Lawson’s ‘Mysterious’ New Character
  2. ‘Pretty Little Liars,’ ‘Teen Wolf’ & More Score Teen Choice Nominations
  3. ‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: Lydia Has Another Scary Vision — What Does It Mean?

Alton

Posted at 7:12 PM on June 27, 2012

but thats too obvious

Alton

Posted at 7:08 PM on June 27, 2012

It might be lydia because she smashed her mirror and the creature is afraid of its reflection

maya

Posted at 7:00 AM on June 22, 2012

the creature will be the vet or the new guy

dane

Posted at 10:20 PM on June 19, 2012

i may be wrong but trhere is a though in my head that say lydia is the lizard creature and i suppose that because when the mechanic guy was fixing stile car and the lizard kill him then he look at stile and ran and stile tell scott that he think the lizard knows him and facts number two is lydia broken mirror think they will make it that obvious remember back in season one how no one expected uncle peter to be the alpha i think is going to be someone that u would never think of being the lizard creature

dana

Posted at 4:54 PM on June 19, 2012

i don’t think its jackson because when they first saw the lizard thing the lacrosse game was still going on. the reason I’m not reallysure its lydia because i sorta think that the alpha is trying to take over her body

Lisa

Posted at 4:35 PM on June 19, 2012

I think the creature is going to be Allison’s Grandpa, because the vet said that this thing was only about killing (which is exactly what Grandpa talks about all the time, he also has a long standing agreement with the vet its lkie the two sides working together) What’s the old saying?. “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”.

The Blur

Posted at 4:06 PM on June 19, 2012

I think the creature is Lydia because Derek says its scared of its reflection and look what happend to Lydia’s mirror in her bedroom. Also an interview with scotts actor says that we should know who it is by the end of the next episode :D

SamanthaC

Posted at 10:57 AM on June 19, 2012

Omg so many gay references in here lol…I think Lydia is too obvious she will probably be seen turning into a wolf soon. I too think its camera guy or teacher…the vet has been kind of major though…be sounds like he is must helping hunters secretly against his will.

themannn.

Posted at 10:53 AM on June 19, 2012

Is this dude who wrote this homo? Anyway the lizard wont be a main character cause they need them for next season…no Jackson and Lydia is too obvious…im thinking the teacher Mr Harris will say things soon to further cause suspicion about him.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:17 AM on June 19, 2012

“Is this dude who wrote this homo?”

Would that be a problem?

R

Posted at 8:08 AM on June 19, 2012

I just like Scott so much that I don’t want anyone threatening him or his mother. I want Grandpa Argent GONE. I still think the Argent parents (ok, maybe not really the psycho mom) are ok. They still seem to have a shred of morality. Creepy camera guy…..go away.
I think that Jackson is the Lizard.
And we still don’t know what the Vet is. He’s not human.

Kris

Posted at 4:56 AM on June 19, 2012

Ok,,so following your theories ,,we will knw the identity of the “lizzard creature” in episode 9 ,which if you can remember was when we found out Peter was the alpha ,,,,what do you think ?,,

Anon

Posted at 8:17 AM on June 19, 2012

I think it’s possible, but the pattern I noticed may not even be intentional. It’s possible we could find out the lizard creature’s identity sooner than when we found out who the Alpha was. We’ll see!

Anon

Posted at 12:31 AM on June 19, 2012

Tonight’s episode had some big similarities with last season’s 4th episode. Did you notice that? Dinner party. Derek’s like in danger. Stiles with Derek. And I think it really kicked off the season too.

And last week’s episode, the ending with Scott and Derek’s fight. That happened near the end of Season 1′s third episode too! Sensing a pattern!?

But I really LOVED tonight’s episode. It moved fast, so many hilarious moments, and we got more information! I can’t wait for next week to get here.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:33 AM on June 19, 2012

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about last season’s awkward dinner.