Jenny McCarthy: My Son Is In Therapy Because Of Jim Carrey

Wed, June 6, 2012 2:28pm EDT by 24 Comments
Jenny McCarthy Son

Jenny and Jim’s relationship may have ended two years ago, but her autistic son Evan, 10, is still suffering from it — how sad!

Jenny McCarthy, 39, revealed in an interview with Howard Stern on June 4 that Jim Carrey is refusing to speak to her son!

After a five-year relationship, the former Playboy model and Jim called it quits in 2010. During that time, her son Evan established a strong bond with Jim. Now that the couple is no longer together, her son severely misses Jim in his life and Jenny has attempted to reach out to him. “I’ve tried to ask [Jim] numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks,” McCarthy revealed to Stern. Jenny has made many attempts to get Jim to talk to her son, but unfortunately Jim refuses to see Evan.

McCarthy hates that her son has to suffer because of her failed relationship. Jenny explains, “I still love him. I think you can love people from a distance and respect him. But as a mother, you just hope when you have a relationship with someone, it has nothing to do with the child when you break up.”

Because of the dramatic toll Jim’s absence has taken on Evan, Jenny reveals that Evan is seeking professional help. “He’s been in therapy. It’s a process,” she tells Stern, “he’s working on it.”

Despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding her relationship with her ex, Jenny shared with Stern that she is “so much happier.” Could her blossoming romance with NFL star Brian Urlacher (which we EXCLUSIVELY told you about at Hollywood Life) be the source? We think so!

HollywoodLifers, what do you think about Jim turning his back on Jenny’s son? Sound off below!

– Jenny Pickard

More HollyBaby news:

1. Is Bethenny Frankel Pregnant? — New Bump Pic
  2. Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick & Twins — Strolling In The City
  3. Kate Middleton Will Announce Pregnancy Within Three Months

100a fuse

Posted at 11:49 AM on July 4, 2012

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you really know what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my website =). We may have a hyperlink change contract among us

Paid Search Campaign

Posted at 10:26 PM on June 30, 2012

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear idea

susan

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 29, 2012

oh man! she will blame anyone and everything on her childs autism. my son is autism and he took the vaccines and never got one darn reaction to them/. it stems from the dna and goes from there. everyone has their own cross to bear as far as a autistic child goes. just do the best you can for him and go from there.

lysander keys

Posted at 3:58 AM on June 26, 2012

that kid is wearing uggs? he needs to go to therapy

Low Cost HTML to Wordpress Conversion

Posted at 3:39 AM on June 26, 2012

I’ve read some good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to create this kind of wonderful informative site.

SEO for Wordpress Sites

Posted at 3:28 AM on June 26, 2012

Hi there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

Omg... Is this legitimate?

Posted at 9:47 PM on June 10, 2012

Awesome things here. I am very glad to peer your post. Thanks a lot and I’m having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Laurie

Posted at 12:14 AM on June 9, 2012

I’d be in therapy too if I was that ugly!!

lena

Posted at 3:02 PM on June 8, 2012

he’s in therapy because he is autistic and growing! once they reach the teen years their behaviours change significantly.
Jenny is an attention whore!

julia

Posted at 8:29 AM on June 8, 2012

maybe he’s in therapy because of how she dresses the poor boy!

tommy

Posted at 2:02 PM on June 7, 2012

Shame of Jenny Mc Carthy! Throw Jim and your son under the bus for the sake of generating publicity for your soon to be defunct talk show. You are a skanky …….

natasha

Posted at 12:48 AM on June 7, 2012

i mean is her fault , her son needs his real daddy jim carrey is not his dad so i thonk is the best for both don’t have a relationship because there’s nothing between them is hrden for the child if the relationship continue i mean the relationship between jim and the child , he’s not his father she should not say that ! and was her decision to break up …GROW UP GIRL

Reggie1971

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 6, 2012

Some men resent the children of the women they date. It seems that Jim Carrey was very kind to her son while they were a couple. I think that’s enough. The child’s real father should be the daddy.

lexi

Posted at 2:16 AM on June 7, 2012

i think he just doesn’t want to get involved. If he visits the boy will only become further attached he needs to build that kind of connection with his real father.

Story

Posted at 5:13 PM on June 6, 2012

Maybe she should be throwing shade at Evan’s real absentee father. As a mother I would personally not bring my child around any man unless it were very serious for this very reason. Granted they were together for 5 years. That is a long time for a child. It seems to me Evan is craving a male role model in his life and that job belongs to his biological dad. Jenny should be throwing shade in this man’s direction not Jim’s. I’m sure it will get her a bit of press before her new show starts. Maybe that’s all she was after.

Nora NYC

Posted at 4:31 PM on June 6, 2012

Perhaps if she was not always looking for a new man and just concentrated on raising her autistic child he would not be hurt by men coming into and going out of his life. When woman have children their priorities must switch from having a good time and finding love to taking care of the child you brought into the world (children do not ask to be born).

gammy

Posted at 1:22 AM on June 7, 2012

SO TRUE!!!!

tam

Posted at 4:11 PM on June 6, 2012

its not his child so after a bad break up he shuldnt be held accountable for said child.

Hi50

Posted at 3:42 PM on June 6, 2012

Is she serious?! I enjoy her wacky humor but she crossed the line to bash someone else for attention. Yes, children with autism need consistency BUT to blame someone else for a decision she made is outrageous! She broke up to Carrey so WHY would he want to hang around? That would be cruel & unusual punishment. Break ups are hard for everyone involved.

She should be working with a therapist who can help her son understand that Carrey went away but Mommy will create new memories for him. Don’t blame Carrey. She’s giving her son false hope in believing Carrey will always be around. Move on. Create a social story & keep reviewing & repeating the social story to HELP HER son.

BTW, Carrey is NOT the biological father. Where is the boy’s BIO-FATHER? Why isn’t she blaming HIM for his lack of involvement? Why is Carrey responsible for that? STFU Jenny, you sound like a narcissistic, borderline mom who is feeling guilty about your son’s diagnosis. It’s not anyone’s fault. Stop playing the victim.

tommy

Posted at 2:08 PM on June 7, 2012

Rhetorical answer for your rhetorical questions:
-she is going after Jim and not the bio dad because Jim is a star with deep pockets (he gave her $25 million when SHE DUMPED HIM) and the bio dad does not
-Jim’s A list celebrity can generate media (PR) interest for her new show while her baby daddy cannot

When she split with Jim and then Oprah (original creator of her talk show) and then the science she bases her “Vaccine causes autism” is shown to be a fraud … I lost all respect for her “judgement:/

Jess

Posted at 3:25 PM on June 6, 2012

This woman is dangerous with all her “vaccines cause autism!!!” talk and the fact that she’s getting a talk show and will be potentially spewing that nonsense on a daily basis scares me

tiki

Posted at 6:08 PM on June 6, 2012

oh ffs… a talk show? ugh… I have an autistic son i get so sick of people asking if i’ve read her book, or if i vaccinated my son. yes I did, and NO it didn’t cause his autism so stfu! the fact that she gets attention for any of this drives me mad.

poor jim. I wouldn’t want to be around her either.

Marilyn Shelton

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 6, 2012

He prob. thought Jim was going to be his dad. What went wrong? Eek. Who wouldn’t want a joke telling comedian with the capacity for making “stretchy faces?”

Matt

Posted at 2:54 PM on June 6, 2012

It is not his son, and this is happening everyday in America. Its unfortunate for the child but its a reality. I’m not sure why Jenny insists on making a big deal of this. She uses her now 2 yr old relationship to get her more headlines. On her own she is not a big star, if she mentions Jim’s name it gets her more publicity.