Kim Kardashian Forced To Apologize To People Of Indian Descent After Insult

Thu, May 31, 2012 3:56pm EDT by 28 Comments
Kim Kardashian Indian Food

Kim Kardashian took to her blog to apologize after calling Indian food “disgusting” on an episode of ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians.’

Twitter followers were outraged when Kim Kardashian, 31, dissed a national Indian dish on her family reality show last week. Oops!

“I think it’s good Kim Kardashian doesn’t like Indian food, because that means she won’t ever visit India and that in itself is a blessing,” one user tweeted.

Another user tweeted: “Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner called Indian food ‘so disgusting.’ Seriously? You don’t have to like it, but don’t be rude.”

However, Kim quickly apologized and emphasized that her dislike of Indian food has nothing to do with how she feels about the people.

“In NO way was this intended as an insult to the Indian people or their culture. This is just my own personal taste,” she wrote on her blog.

Kim even used her own Armenian heritage to defend herself against the harsh tweets.

“There are definitely some Armenian foods that I personally find disgusting, but that doesn’t reflect my opinions on other Armenian people or my culture. My comment wasn’t intended to offend anybody. We all have our own opinions and tastes and I was simply expressing mine,” she wrote.

Looks like Kim’s taste in food caused an international conflict, but the reality star didn’t waste a second in clearing it all up.

Do YOU think Kim was wrong to say that on TV?

More Kim Kardashian Apologies: ‘I’m Sorrrrrrrry’

Written by Yasamin Azarakhsh

TRUTH

Posted at 4:41 PM on June 2, 2012

Honestly, it shows ignorance to immediately hate things you don’t understand. kim has such a small world with her boxed ideas and limited intelligence.

Double Treat

Posted at 2:00 PM on June 1, 2012

Kim vs 1 billion people! you lose biatch.

m

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 1, 2012

Kim whore is always bragging that she has 15 M followers on twitters and has 2 m fans so why say it on tv?

What does she thinks of the feeling of the people eating those food that she said is disgusting?

SMH

Posted at 8:36 AM on June 1, 2012

While I agree with many who say that Kim has a right to her opinion about Indian food, I wonder if when invited out to dinner and others order Indian food, it is polite to say that the food is disgusting. Anyone would think that this is bad manners and disrespectful. I also feel that many are not feeling the “disgusting” accusation because KIM is the one saying it.

Corayn

Posted at 8:26 AM on June 1, 2012

I do think that you can have an opinion about certain foods and how they taste but just don’t say it publicly, Indians may enjoy that food so now when a high status celebrity says that their food is disgusting, it should be understandable why people are lashing out. I think the right thing Kim should of said was “I rather eat something else” or “It’s not my taste” but saying that “It’s disgusting” is highly offensive.

claire

Posted at 8:17 AM on June 1, 2012

She just shouldn’t have said it on TV.

Extra Extra

Posted at 8:15 AM on June 1, 2012

She loves to eat C U M but she doesn’t like Indian food?!!! This woman is a sell out and she only is apologizing because she doesn’t want the negative feedback!! She is such a fake C U N T!!!

Nick

Posted at 12:14 AM on June 1, 2012

Indian curry chicken is the absolute best. Kim has no taste.

Liza

Posted at 12:04 AM on June 1, 2012

I don’t like Kim Kardashian, but she does have the right to not like certain foods.
I don’t like Indian food either. I thought she had said something racy. Not liking food is not that bad.
Kim should say sorry for being a whinny baby if anything!!

Me

Posted at 12:01 AM on June 1, 2012

I don’t really like her, but come on, she has the right to dislike food. This is just people over reacting. I am not a huge fan of German food, am I being rude? No.

alejandraa

Posted at 11:28 PM on May 31, 2012

WTF? Doesn’t she have the right to have her own freaking opinion. She can like or dislike their food, that is not an insult! smh…

jessica

Posted at 11:07 PM on May 31, 2012

what the heck? now people aren’t allowed to like or dislike foods as they please? get over it.

Skennion

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 31, 2012

How ’bout you DON’T have cameras following you 24/7 that way you can say and do whatever you want and nobody would care. C’mon McFly, think!!!

omg!

Posted at 10:03 PM on May 31, 2012

Omg! i dont like her but still its just her opnion it wasnt an out right discrimination or anything thats just like saying oh i dont like american english food and so on.

hellokitty2142

Posted at 8:45 PM on May 31, 2012

What did Kim do wrong? All she did was say her didn’t like Indian food NOT Indian people. I don’t like Indian food ethier btw.

aewrw

Posted at 8:01 PM on May 31, 2012

Thank you for showing how disgusting and idiot you are K K

And I am sure Indians are relieved by your comments, which means you will never visit India.

Whatever

Posted at 7:53 PM on May 31, 2012

Whatever Kim. Nobody cares what you like or don’t like Just go away.

abd

Posted at 7:44 PM on May 31, 2012

Who is she and what does she think of herself.
India and Indian people are not shallow like her to get insulted by such remarks.

But definitely it does show how shallow this person is. Thoughtless and thinking very highly about oneself , selfish.

An ignorant about rest of the world.

nicole

Posted at 6:39 PM on May 31, 2012

Kim whore is the one disgusting.

She’s not referring to the Indian people but to the food that they are eating and that hurtif she doesn’t like it then don’t eat it. You do not need to announce it on your tv shoe for a lot of peole to watch.

Melanie

Posted at 5:49 PM on May 31, 2012

Shes allowed to express her opinion. People are way toooo sensitive.

Holly

Posted at 5:32 PM on May 31, 2012

What is the big deal she was just talking to her sister just like every other normal person does… it was about food not the people

Cindi

Posted at 4:37 PM on May 31, 2012

Kim can express her opinion on food likes or dislikes. I am not a fan but she did not do anything wrong.

Sydni Thomas

Posted at 4:29 PM on May 31, 2012

There was a better way to say that then say “that is so disgusting”! What such total drama queens!

jenny

Posted at 4:14 PM on May 31, 2012

Where did Kim apologize? She did not apologize, she made it clear that she did not offend Indian people, she just does not like Indian food. I don’t like Indian food, cilantro and I almost threw up the first I tried African food. Kim did not retrack her thoughts on Indian food and doesn’t need too. That is her opinion to have. Some people love to blow the smallest things out of porportion.

Holly

Posted at 5:35 PM on May 31, 2012

I agree she did not apologize, and she shouldn’t, the fact that this is even a discussion is a joke

Shelly

Posted at 4:06 PM on May 31, 2012

This is one time, and I hope the only time, I agree with the attention whore. Saying you don’t like certain foods from foreign countries does not mean you don’t like the people who live there. I do believe she could have said it in a better way but then again look who you’re dealing with..