'Gossip Girl' Season Finale: 5 Reasons Why Chuck & Blair Will End Up Together

Fri, May 11, 2012 5:03pm EDT by 43 Comments
Gossip Girl Finale Season 5

Kara

Posted at 12:20 PM on May 12, 2012

I definitely think Chuck and Blair will end up together, Nicole, they are the only reason the show even got a second season to begin with. Sure, they tried to do Dan and Blair but its been a failure and a joke. It’s literally sunk the show into barely getting 11 episodes next year. Nothing on this show compares to what Chuck and Blair have and I think they will end up together as they should.

Lexie

Posted at 12:15 PM on May 12, 2012

In completely Team Chuck and Blair too!!!! They have the great, all consuming love story. Dan and Blair are so boring and pointless right now

Sonia

Posted at 11:43 AM on May 12, 2012

Isn’t this post the most pathetic thing you’ve ever read?? I’m sure whoever wrote this article has no idea who Dan and Blair are or what a good man looks like. I bet the only “important” parts of a relationship according to this woman are limo rides, back stabbing, abuse, name calling and whoring around, I bet she hates good conversation, her man being by her side no matter what, growth and well love….no that’s boring, bring out the yelling! The hurting! The minimizing of woman! The “just sit and look pretty”. I bet woman all around the world are proud to be the shadow of man, no woman wants to shine on her own, that is just crazy!
I ship Dair because they bring the best out of each other, because you can feel the love, because even that it’s just a fictional couple, it showed us that we don’t have to be behind a man, or think that happiness has no place in a relationship just because “it’s meant to be” I’m sorry but when Dan told her that she was fiercely strong, independent, outspoken, beautiful, capable of anything and no man or magazine should be able to take that away from her. That got me, that’s something every woman in the world needs out the man or woman is with them, like I said before we need to have a good role model of a relationship for young girls out there, because is disturbing to hear teenager’s reasons of why the ship an abusive relationship.

Piper

Posted at 7:36 PM on May 12, 2012

so everything you said about Dair and their relationship is true and everything Chair fans say about them and their relationship is not true. ok.

also if you look to a teen TV show for role models, i say you need less TV in your life.

how about just like your couple and shut up? go find another blogger who support your view. you’re not going to change anyone’s mind with your “reasoning”. nobody cares.

Maj

Posted at 11:19 AM on May 12, 2012

I’m laughing at this article. Is this for real? Seems like you’re on troll. Don’t worry Nicole, you can still hope for another season if you still rooting for Chair.

Oh, wait. There’s “no next season” for you. Poor you!

With that span of episodes, I don’t think Chair reunion will ever happen. Maybe as friends but not as lovers. Blair will either end up with Dan or single. Toss a coin but you’ll never have Chuck Bass as an answer. Keep wishing Chair-o! ;)

irene

Posted at 11:06 AM on May 12, 2012

do you know what a relationship is??? how old are you? you seem a fifteen years old girl…

jenn

Posted at 10:55 AM on May 12, 2012

Nicole are you married? or even in a relationship? have you ever been in a successful relationship? Speaking from actual experience within my group of friends. Everyone that ships CB have the worst possible luck in relationships. Every one of my friends that ships relationships like DB or Pacey and Joey are in good, stable, happy relationships. Maybe it’s a coincidence or maybe it actually reflects the kind of people they are.

It is absolutely disgusting that people don’t think Blair going back to Chuck is a bad thing. I look at one of my bestfriends who is completely emotionally scarred by her boyfriend but she keeps going back for more because “true love conquers all” well i’m sorry but it doesn’t. If he makes you cry everyday and you don’t like being yourself around him it’s not worth it. You guessed it, she ships CB. And she actually tries to use that as a valid excuse on not giving up on her boyfriend. It just makes me so sick that my friend puts her happiness on a shelf because she needs to make sure her relationship stands. And my friend is not a strong woman, she’s nothing like Blair so it will make me sad for women everywhere if she chooses Chuck. I’m not closed off to the idea that she and Chuck can get back together but they have not shown them in a romantic light and if she’s holding on to the past then it’s wrong! he did nothing but cause her pain. In order to bring CB back they’d have to do some damage control and maybe be friends for awhile first. This is not okay. Let’s try and imagine our daughter’s in relationships with guys like this.

I’m getting sick of the posts about how people that don’t love Chuck hate men. I love men. I especially love men that know the value of a woman and know that she is never dependant on him. Relationships should consist of equals.

k

Posted at 10:42 AM on May 12, 2012

Chair makes me sick to be honest. I much prefer Dair, but after the elevator sex they wrote them weird. I think Dan & Blair is the best thing the GG Writers wrote overall though. I use to love Chair but I moved on. Maybe they shouldn’t have built up Dair so much if Chair end up together.

Mel

Posted at 8:25 PM on July 1, 2012

i totally agree with u , i mean , why did they do that to us? like they built a lot the Dan and Blair thing, they made it seem like they were meant to be … and now what? Blair randomly decides she loves Chuck? Dan cheats on her with Serena? that’s kinda sad .. love Dair <3

Vale

Posted at 7:56 AM on May 12, 2012

Nicole, darling, thank you for supporting abusive relationships based on patriarchy and for being allergic to feminism and the independence and equality that your mother and your grandma fought to gain. You really are the mirror of today’s society.. and unfortunately you happen to be in the position to influence thousands of teens whose minds are already full of false, crappy ideas of love and self respect. Thank you for always giving us your share of misogyny, how could we do without you..

Piper

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 12, 2012

she’s giving teens credits for not lumping feminist movement and struggle with a TV show and not making light of real life domestic violence with fictional characters. a lesson, clearly, you need.

if you have ever been exposed to or have suffer through or even understand the complexity of domestic violence, you wouldn’t be so quick to compare it to something so trite.

do your self a favour and find other Dair to conspire together and stop talking nonsense.

Kendall

Posted at 12:01 AM on May 13, 2012

Dair fans like to talk about how wrong our ship is and it’s an abusive relationship instead of talking their crappy ship that is dair.

Piper

Posted at 2:13 PM on May 14, 2012

Agree! I am sick of this abusive rant that they’re on because it’s just so stupid. Let’s be honest, femists would hate this fluffy show featuring fairly useless girls. Dair is boring and gross. If I want to watch poor, pseudo-intellectuals fall in love, I’d watch my life LOL.

Ena

Posted at 4:11 AM on May 12, 2012

Oh Nicole, you and your bullcrap always amaze me. At least It’s been a good laugh. Do people pay you? I hope they don’t, wouldn’t want you to think you’re a real journalist. you’re nothing but biased. the worst.

Jeanne

Posted at 3:47 AM on May 12, 2012

I missed your crap Nicole Karlis!!

Thank you for that, now I know Dair is endgame (yes, because, Suck and Blair weren’t they supposed to be reunited in 5×23 and 5×22 and 5×21 and 5×20 and 5×19 and 5×18 and 5×17 according to you??? )

CB

Posted at 2:44 AM on May 12, 2012

Thanks Nicole for your unwavering support for Chuck and Blair. I’m all-in for Chuck and Blair’s long overdue reunion. Finally they can be together and won’t part way again. That’s the beginning of forever for Chuck and Blair.

lovegossip

Posted at 1:16 AM on May 12, 2012

Chuck n Blair have to b 2gethr. Dey look so good together unlike Dan n Blair. Pls get Chuck his love of life. Can’t c him sad..

alena

Posted at 12:47 AM on May 12, 2012

BLAIR AND CHUCK HAVE TO WIND UP TOGETHER! I think they will, i’m just not sure if it will b on monday!! CHAIR <3

Crystal

Posted at 11:42 PM on May 11, 2012

Love Chuck and Blair and hope that they end up together.

H

Posted at 11:23 PM on May 11, 2012

Im feeling really optimistic with this finale and if chair don’t end up together I will be heartbroken. Chair fans have been through so many obstacles (of the worst kind) that we deserve as loyal fans to get a pay off. I don’t see how Dan and Blair are going to last when nearly every episode that they’ve been together theres been a problem (of themselves) that needs to be resolved. And I “you to have a strange forcefield effect on eachother” “you’ve always been connected, everthing you’ve gone through keeps leading you back to eachother” thats not nothing.

H

Posted at 11:23 PM on May 11, 2012

Nyk123

Posted at 10:09 PM on May 11, 2012

Chuck and Blair suck together!!

GGFAN

Posted at 8:00 PM on May 11, 2012

I love love love chuck and Blair together. From all the info I have read about I really really hope that they end up together!!!!

Vanilla

Posted at 7:43 PM on May 11, 2012

Thank you for the article! I am hopeful too! Much love!

Carol

Posted at 6:46 PM on May 11, 2012

Chuck and Blair forever

Andrea

Posted at 5:35 PM on May 11, 2012

I am super confident that Blair and Chuck will end the season (and eventually the series) together! Can’t wait to see them together again! <3

maria

Posted at 5:28 PM on May 11, 2012

There is still a chance that Safran will it up, but I’m very positive. I don’t see how Blair could be happy in that relationship with Dan…he won’t trust her…they lie to each other and she cares more about Chuck.

Chris

Posted at 5:23 PM on May 11, 2012

Thank you for this article Nicole!!You really made me feel positive about the finale!!!!

Sarah

Posted at 5:20 PM on May 11, 2012

Yes, of course Chuck and Blair forever!!!

MSC

Posted at 5:10 PM on May 11, 2012

I really hope Chuck and Blair get back together! Thanks for the hope ,Nicole!