Miley Cyrus Getting Scary Skinny — She's Lost Almost 25 Pounds

Tue, May 1, 2012 10:35am EDT by 31 Comments
Miley Cyrus Skinny

Oh no! Miley was looking VERY scrawny after leaving pilates on April 30. One expert estimates she’s now down to 110 lbs.

Miley Cyrus  has been hitting the pilates studio for months now — and at first she was looking very fit and toned! But now the 19-year-old is starting to look extremely unhealthy, and one expert tells us she’s probably lost 25 pounds and is only consuming 1,000 calories a day.

From her popping collarbone, to frail arms and very tiny waist, Miley’s weight loss is very alarming.

“Miley has probably drastically cut her caloric intake and increased her fat-burning exercises. I suspect that she’s dropped at least 6 more inches. She is probably depriving her body of important healthy fats and carbs. I’d be surprised if Miley was consuming even 1000 calories a day! Miley is definitely on the verge of becoming scary-skinny,” says Alicia Hunter, weight expert and author of The Accidental Diet: From Fugly to Fox.

Alicia estimates Miley has gone from 135 to 110 pounds from February — when the photo to the left was taken — to April 30.

Miley has also been strangely obsessed with food lately. She’s taken it to Twitter multiple times to tweet about everything she’s eating from churros to the world. One doctor says this recent behavior is a predisposing sign of an eating disorder.

“She is at risk for something. At this point I dont think we can say it’s a bona-fide eating disorder… but I think we’re seeing something develop here,” says Dr. Jeff Gardere, an adjunct assistant clinical professor to the College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Other predisposing factors include: An obsession or preoccupation with weight, a skewed self-perception as to how the person appears to others, and issues (past or present) with self-mutilation.

We sure hope Miley isn’t on the brink of something a serious eating disorder.

Don’t you agree, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Miley looks too skinny? Vote and weigh in below.

More Miley Cyrus

1. Miley Cyrus Bashes Eating Disorder Rumors On Twitter
  2. Miley Cyrus: Experts Fear She Has An Eating Disorder After Strange Tweets
  3. Liam Hemsworth & Miley Cyrus’ Huge Fight Over Her Dirty Dancing

Lauryn

Posted at 9:25 PM on December 30, 2012

I think she looks to skinny all these retarded little kids have to say crap about her and made her lose weight she was perfectly fine how she wast opinion I think he looked way better before she looks in unhealthy

Marrianne

Posted at 10:08 AM on December 29, 2012

She look crazyly skinny. And now she has done cut her hair off.

Taylor

Posted at 6:36 PM on December 15, 2012

She looks completely the same in both pictures. Of course you had to get a picture with her stomach showing for the skinner one, this is just ridiculous

Karla

Posted at 10:48 PM on December 5, 2012

When she was 134lbs everybody critiqued how unhealthy and fat she looked, which I don’t think she did but now that she looks great people still criticize her. She never wins.

miranda

Posted at 9:54 PM on November 15, 2012

this is ridiculous. she is the exact same weight in both of these photos, the only difference is you can slightly see a gap between her thighs in the photo taken in august. she is at a perfectly healthy weight, she does not have an eating disorder. and there is no way she was 135 in the first photo. i have her exact body shape basically and im 120 pounds and healthy!

miranda

Posted at 9:55 PM on November 15, 2012

april**** not august

Josie Rose

Posted at 1:40 AM on August 31, 2012

Haha 1000 calories. I barley hit 700 calories a day. and im 5′ 8″ and 110. Shes perfectly fine.

Rob

Posted at 1:22 AM on August 13, 2012

oh calm down at least she is losing weight the healthy way. calm your tits everyone.

lisa

Posted at 2:16 AM on June 21, 2012

she did not lose 25 lbs and she was never 135. so stupid. theres no way she was over 125 in the first pic and now is probably somewhere around 105. she looks great….shes small framed enough to weigh less and still look good.

aliera

Posted at 1:46 AM on June 7, 2012

She looks good.

Foster Constantine

Posted at 5:40 AM on June 2, 2012

Good post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks :)

p

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 29, 2012

don’t you know that by posting these stats you’re triggering girls and guys into trying restrictive dieting and overexercising for the first time??? exercise is healthy when you are supporting it with proper nutrition, but when you restrict and exercise, your body starts to break down in dangerous ways on the inside WELL BEFORE you look emaciated. most people with life-threatening eating disorders have bodies that look in the healthy weight range — body size is not the ONLY indicator of a dangerous ED. please be responsible in your writing, and don’t add to the growing number of young people who start dysregulated eating and purging through exercise because the media glamorizes it.

emma

Posted at 5:55 PM on May 18, 2012

you do NOT wan to be anorexic. TRUST me. about a year ago i was 11-12 and weighed 52 lbs. i knew i was thin, but i just didn’t know how many calories i needed. now (after tons of hard work, snacks,and dicipline) i’m 74 and gaining. i still have a little ways to go, but i’m getting there. so PLEASE take it back. i would PAY to be overweight than to be thin. whne you’re thin, you have no life… it really sucks. and it still does. but i’m a heck of alot better than i used to be. :)

Forever Young

Posted at 9:23 PM on May 16, 2012

I’d like to see her when she’s 70 pounds!!! O.M.G. thats gonna be a killer.

Kayla

Posted at 1:01 PM on May 11, 2012

She looks fine, that’s not too skinny. I’m smaller than she is and I’m by no means scary thin. I eat healthy, and exercise, and that’s what she’s doing. I think part of it too, is that she’s an adult now, and we lose our baby fat, and our bodies completely change. I think she looks the best She ever has!

Chelsea

Posted at 4:50 PM on May 2, 2012

lol calm the hell down, she looks GREAT. She EXERCISES and eats HEALTHY. She used to post pictures on twitter of chinese food and country fried everything, now she posts things that are very healthy and good for her. Leave her alone. If she’s happy, let her be. you people are RUINING her.

James

Posted at 2:07 PM on May 2, 2012

Why does the media bash celebrities for being responsible about their health? It’s almost a crime for someone to be healthy anymore. Relax people. It’s not her fault that you are a tub of lard. It’s not a crime to be healthy. Go eat a twinkie.

Lorraine

Posted at 2:41 AM on May 2, 2012

Am I the only one who thinks she looks relatively the same in both pictures? The only difference is she’s more tan and fit in the second one. That doesn’t mean she’s SCRAWNY. Gosh! I swear people just make things up for drama!

M

Posted at 7:55 PM on May 1, 2012

I wish I had anorexia instead of compulsive eating disorder. Then I wouldn’t be the fat lard I am now and more happy. I’m now going to go eat a gallon of chocolate ice cream, a bag of chips, then order a large pizza which I will then eat by myself. Then I’m going to feel discussed with myself for eating all that found and promise myself I’ll only eat half of my breakfast, lunch, and dinner tomorrow. That day at school I’ll stick to myself all day and hope that now one talks to me because I know what their all thinking. “Who does this fat, ugly, little midget think she is!?” I will then feel so bad that when I come home I’ll eat 4 granola bars, a baked frozen pizza, a bowl of cereal, and a bag of popcorn. And this will all be repeated for the rest of my life. I give Miley props. She wanted to lose weight and make herself feel and look better and she did it. As for more, by the rate I’m eating, within the next 5 years I will probably weigh about 600 pounds or jump off a bridge before that ever happens.

D

Posted at 1:42 PM on May 2, 2012

When you jump of the bridge, time it just right so you land on an ice cream truck. Great irony for your legacy.

A

Posted at 2:58 AM on May 12, 2012

SERIOUSLY!?! What a terrible thing to say. You should be ashamed.

A

Posted at 2:44 AM on May 12, 2012

M- That is no way to talk about yourself. I’m sure you are a beautiful person inside and out. You just need to see that about yourself. Instead of getting down about your weight, think about the positives in your life. You are meant for something great. You are worth it and you have a purpose. Don’t let the bumps in the road get you down. Stay positive, be yourself and know that Jesus loves you. You were made for a reason. You are God’s creation and God never makes mistakes. I am saddened by your lack in self esteem,but I sympathize cause I was once there. I got myself into a mess of things that I am still paying the price for. Please don’t make the same mistakes I did. Learn to love yourself and embrace the things that makes you unique. I guarantee you aren’t the only one going through these problems, so you are never alone. Stay strong! May life bring you peace and happiness.

kaila

Posted at 1:23 PM on May 14, 2012

How dare you wish you had anorexia. Never wish for that. I was hospitalised and nearly died from anorexia, I had to drop out of school, and lost everything because of it. I went from undereating, to overeating, to purging. I turned out being overweight but as time went on I learned how to deal with it and I’m healthy now. Please never wish for such a thing. All eating disorders are very serious diseases. I’m sure you’re beautiful and I pray that one day you will see that too.

Ada

Posted at 1:00 PM on May 1, 2012

There is a difference…
She was THIN
Now looks FIT
Not SKINNY

anna

Posted at 12:05 PM on May 1, 2012

her arms look anorexic

samantha

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 1, 2012

I love her and I am a big fan of her, and because of that I agree with this article because I worry for her…she really does look like she’s going to go into anorexia any day now…

random person

Posted at 10:57 AM on May 1, 2012

From a 14 year old who is treating anorexia…please someone hep her. I used to have about 600 calories per day and my life sucked…now im eating about 1000 and follow a very strict diet my nutrionist gave me. I also see a psychiatrist and psychologist…it helps and this girl needs treatment. The disease is a prison you cant seem to be able to escape.

anna

Posted at 10:54 AM on May 1, 2012

I think she just looks more tones. She does pilates everyday. She is also probably stressed because the paparazzi constantly stalk and hound her

ann

Posted at 10:13 AM on May 1, 2012

Women love man who strong, honest, brave and have the sense of responsibility. Men love women beautiful, sexy, good-heart and fond. – If I may introduce you the first and biggest cougar site ___Cougarlove .COM___ the largest and best club for seeking singles and their admirers. Lots of handsome guys and sexy women there. Meet your soul-mate today!

nena

Posted at 10:06 AM on May 1, 2012

Really, HL first you say she is fat now she is too skinny. she is just perfect like that her body looks very sexy and toned!!!!!!!!!