Madonna Wants To Be 'Tougher' On Daughter Lourdes After She Smoked

Wed, April 18, 2012 5:36pm EDT by 6 Comments
Madonna Daughter Smoking

The mega-star talks about parenting and cracking down on her children. Find out why she ‘isn’t very happy’ with her kids!

Madonna is not one to follow the rules, but the mother of four vows to become stricter with her kids, especially her 15-year-old daughter, Lourdes Leon. Her daughter publicly showcased bad behavior last month in New York, smoking a cigarette when she’s three years under the legal age!

The material girl got serious and confessed on April 18 in an interview with Harry Smith on the Today Show that she has not been tough enough on her daughter and other young children Rocco Ritchie, 12, David Banda Ciccone Ritchie, 6, and five-year-old Mercy James.

Pictures of her daughter smoking surfaced in the media and the 53-year-old singer says she “wasn’t very happy.”

The single mom adds she does not condone anyone smoking, specifically her daughter.

“I think I need to be maybe tougher,” she adds. “It’s hard. Every day is a negotiation. But cigarette smoking I’m not very fond of – for anyone.”

Madonna may seem to be a hypocrite regarding smoking because she does so in her most recent video, “Girl Gone Wild.”

So she defends her actions, “I don’t smoke,” she insists. “That’s just an accessory, Harry. There’s a difference. [Lourdes] smoked that cigarette before I did that video!”

Madge claims she is just a mom that “comes home and says, ‘Have you done your homework?’ and ‘Why are you wearing that?’ and ‘Why did you say that?’ and ‘What are you eating that for’?”

It’s challenging and she complains, but admits she has “survived with sanity and humor intact.”

HollyMoms, what would you do if your young teenager was smoking?

More HollyBaby News:

1. Heidi Klum & Seal’s Post-Divorce Custody Battle Heats Up
  2. Taylor Hanson’s Wife Is Expecting Their Fifth Child
  3. Suri Cruise Turns 6 Years Old Today — See Her Life In Pics

please

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 3, 2012

just an accessory? there’s a difference?? no theres not.. when it’s an “accessory”, you are using it. And you are also condoning bad behavior and habits all across the us. God I had this tramp. With the amount of sex and abortions this woman has had, there is no way her daughter won’t be screwed up from it all.
She is NO role model. If her kids were more important than her fame and career, she would not even be out in public like she is now acting a tramp!

aliza

Posted at 11:38 AM on April 19, 2012

we all know that she aint a white bird but the girl does look emo. madonna seems to be too strick,she needs to let her daughter out the leash because being over protected too much is bad look at her now she trying to act like an older person smoking. being a certain age doesnt mean your ready to smoke eighter its a choice. thank god i say no to cigarettes í have to care about myself and kids plus cigarettes get u cancer no good benifits from it. i bet madonna smokes thats why her daugther thinks its normal.

michelle

Posted at 2:08 AM on April 19, 2012

Who cares, At least it wasnt a joint! Also… Madonna do something with her eyebrows!! I cant stand looking at them!

Shelly

Posted at 6:48 PM on April 18, 2012

I can’t believe Madonna didn’t know her daughter smokes cigarettes. End of story.

Christy

Posted at 6:29 PM on April 18, 2012

Being a Mother is difficult, whether your a celebrity or not. Every day is a new battle, expessially with a teenager! My son is almost 15 and I can honestly say I wasn’t prepared for the teen years so I feel her pain!! Good luck Madonna and Lourdes, will be praying for you!!!

sue00

Posted at 6:28 PM on April 18, 2012

My dad found a pack of cigarette in my car when I was in high school. All he said to me was smoking is bad for your health. Giving that as a teenager I tried to do everything they told me not to, my father’s words actually worked. I didn’t smoke much and eventually stopped completely. If my parents had made a big deal and forbid me to smoke, I would probably continued to smoke just because they told me not to.