'90210' Recap: Tragedy Strikes When Ivy & Raj Reunite

Tue, March 20, 2012 9:29pm EDT by 9 Comments

Fun in the sun quickly turned to tears in the hospital for one ‘90210’ couple. (Spoilers ahead!)

It was “hospital week” on the March 21 episode of 90210, with nearly half the cast being admitted for various treatments. Silver (Jessica Stroup) was tested for the cancer gene, Dixon (Tristan Wilds) learned he has a heart condition after collapsing in the studio, and Ivy (Gillian Zinser) discovered that Raj’s (Manish Dayal) cancer was back — and she had very little time to say goodbye.

Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Jen’s (Sara Foster) ongoing war over P.J. (Nick Zano) also came to an end after Naomi banished her sister back to Paris. But just as Jen was about to board her plane, she called Naomi with “scandalous” news about her new man. (Too bad she didn’t get to finish her sentence! Oh, Naomi. What have you gotten yourself into?)

And crazy Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel) continued her scheme to keep Liam (Matt Lanter) all to herself, so she was none too pleased that Liam agreed to spend his day off with Silver — even if it was to accompany her to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Annie (Shenae Grimes) snagged herself a new guy, Caleb (Robert Hoffman), only to discover he’s actually a priest! As crazy as this may sound, I feel like a priest is a nice change for her — considering her list of previous boyfriends boasts suicidal drug dealer, among others — but I have to wonder how he’ll respond when he finds out she used to be a prostitute.

But the episode’s real heartbreaking story, of course, belonged to Ivy and Raj. I’ll openly admit that Ivy has never been my favorite character, but I still got all choked up watching her say goodbye to her husband.

What did you think of this week’s new developments? Were you devastated when Raj died? Do you think Annie should try things out with Caleb? And, seriously, when is Liam going to figure out that Vanessa’s a total nut job? Hit up the comments section with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more 90210 updates

sam

Posted at 8:21 PM on May 15, 2012

Oh my gosh, Ivy did the part so damn perfect. I couldn’t take it. Ivy started to bit Raj and than he pulled her to him in a protective way, like saying that he was always be there for her….that just made my day, it was soo touching that I cried like a baby. This proves that Gillian is a great actress, good luck for her, she’s my heroine now;)

Darya

Posted at 1:52 PM on May 7, 2012

Insanely sorry for Raja and Ivy, and she had very little time to say goodbye with him, for what is so ((((((((

Brianna

Posted at 8:30 AM on April 23, 2012

Why did Annie have to say no to Liam about the marriage she should of said yes seriously Annie and liam are made for each other. Silver is a nut job she goes everyone on the show seriously. Season 4 is boring now. Why can’t Annie make Liam jealous

A

Posted at 8:31 PM on March 26, 2012

I never cry about tv shows. But Ivy and Raj manage to make me cry. I cried when they split up because Raj found out that he still had cancer. And they made me cry this episode. They are great together on camera and they have managed to make me cry when no other tv show as managed to do that (and I watch a lot of tv shows) . Loved their scenes together.

Fev! 90210 lover!

Posted at 8:33 PM on March 24, 2012

i actually cried through the whole raj and ivy moments, its just terrible and both weren’t really my favourite! But i kinda glad its finally over because there is always something happy that happens after something so sadly dramatic. ALSO I MISS ANNIE AND LIAM THEY WERE THE BEST!! I REALLY DON’T LIKE VANESSA, maybe someone else in the group will find out about her.. ALSO i really hope silver doesn’t have cancer, cause it just too much for this whole group to handle… oh and caleb, his alright.. though i don’t think he is the right person for annie , ANNIE AND LIAM FOREVER.. LOL BRING BACK ETHAN INSTEAD ;D !!!!!!

amy

Posted at 7:23 AM on March 22, 2012

I like Annie and Caleb, I think they were cute. Not as cute as Lannie though, I still have hope these two reunite.
I freaking despise hypocrite Silver, can someone just kill her off ? Also is it normal that her and Liam in 3 episodes got more hugs and hands-holding than Lannie in 4 seasons ?
I HATE you writers, I hope you know it!

amy

Posted at 7:27 AM on March 22, 2012

I also wish there was some interview with Robert Hoffman about Caleb, want to know more about his character and relation to Annie ?

Do you think I need to give up on Lannie this season ? I feel it’s going to be about Liam and Silver only.Eeeewwwww

Emily

Posted at 6:12 PM on March 21, 2012

I totally cried with Raj’s death. I’m glad Ivy & him made up. I loved when he said “I don’t want to be apart from you” =) You could see they were still in love and that’s why I wanted them to share a kiss. I read earlier he would die in this episode but I was hoping it would be later so that Ivy & him would have more time to spend together… They were the cutest couple EVER on the show! They are the only ones on the show that managed to make me cry and cry. I remember their wedding, so beautiful and orignal :D
I was happy Naomi and Jen made up. I don’t care about PJ. I preferred her with Austin. Btw, how is he doing in prison?
Annie’s new possible boyfriend is ok but nothing much. She should get back with Liam, period.
I hate Silver getting to close to Liam. I understand her storyline but why can’t she talk to her girl friends like Annie. Why does Dixon also have to have a sickness? Raj, maybe Silver and now Dixon. Not really creative from the writers.
Ade’s exaggeration over Dixon’s condition was annoying. I don’t mind if they break up eventually because of his music career because to me she belongs with Navid and he belongs with Silver.

Anna

Posted at 12:28 AM on March 21, 2012

For once, I didn’t feel like I was wasting my time watching 90210 and this is all because of Raj and Ivy. Their scenes at the hospital were superb and Gillian did a good job.
It hasn’t started yet and I don’t like the Annie and the priest thing. This character always has the weirdest storylines and I don’t need Shenae Grimes’s talent being underused again in a rip off of the Thorn Birds. Someday, I just think she should have stayed on Degrassi. About Liam, I am at loss of words: they definitely ruined that character. I don’t even care if he ever finds out about Vanessa. Annie and Liam have been written as the overboard naive, almost simple-minded characters of this show.