'Gossip Girl' Can't End Next Season — Chair And Dair Fans Need To Come Together

Fri, March 16, 2012 6:49pm EDT by 130 Comments

If ‘Gossip Girl’ producers shorten its final season, it will be a disservice to ALL shippers! Chair, Dair, Derena, HECK — even CHERENA fans — ‘Gossip Girl’ needs our support!

A new report has surfaced that Gossip Girl producers are going to cut short season 6 — its alleged final season — due to poor ratings. If this is true, Gossip Girl could potentially only have 10 to 15 episodes to go and then its life as a series is over. Just writing these words bring tears to my eyes. Gossip Girl is my favorite show; I’m not ready to say goodbye just yet!

It’s no secret these are some very troubling times for the CW show. It’s safe to say these the Dark Ages of Gossip Girl. Even though the show attracted 1.4 million viewers for its 100th episode Jan. 30, that still was a significant drop from the 3.4 million viewers that tuned in for the season 2 premiere in 2008. Coincidentally or not so coincidentally, this was the season that primarily focused on the relationship between Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester).

Now, before you Dair fans call me biased and attack me for being a Chair fan, the numbers show viewers favor Chair over Dair. And while this is difficult for me to propose, I think it needs to be done because if the final season of Gossip Girl is going to be shortened, it would be a disappointment to ALL fans. The series wouldn’t end how it was originally planned to end!

So no matter what ship you ship, we’ve all been treading the same water here and it’s time for us to come together for Gossip Girl — the show we love and enjoy to watch!

So this is my challenge to all fans! We need to keep watching the show. We can’t give up just yet! Gossip Girl fans, we can’t let the final season be shortened!

Vote and sound off in your comments below.

– Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Spoiler: Chuck & Blair Are ‘Never Over,’ Producers Reveal
  2. Nicole Says: Chuck Bass Go Find Blair Waldorf, YOUR Runaway Bride
  3. New ‘Gossip Girl’ Pics: Blair Waldorf Sleeps With Dan Humphrey In The Airport

Reginal

Posted at 1:40 AM on October 31, 2012

I read that blake lively was only paid $60,000 an episode. Not enough! No wonder the show is over no incentive for the actors.

P

Posted at 11:16 AM on October 9, 2012

OMG GUYS WE HAVE TO SO SOMETHING. GG CANT END IN 9 EPISODES. WE DESERVE A FULL SEASON 6!! WHAT SHOULD WE DO??!!!

Mindy

Posted at 4:47 AM on July 9, 2012

I agree totally. We need more Gossip Girl. Please do not let this series end!

Rachel

Posted at 11:25 PM on May 30, 2012

The show should be more focused on blair and chuck again. I love their love/hate relationship.

Rizza

Posted at 9:06 AM on May 26, 2012

I definitely agree with you! it’s hard to let go of a show you’ve watched for a couple of years but what I think Gossip Girl needs is a bunch of writers who would write good evolving plot lines, not ones that drag on and on

Simra

Posted at 3:13 AM on May 23, 2012

gossip girl should hav more seasons i luv it!

Erona Prenku

Posted at 4:31 PM on November 3, 2012

we need a full season 6 they’ve gone this far why not just make a full season 6 the only reason there not doing a full season 6 is because of the viewers they should do full season for the people who love the show and who have been watching since the beginning who cares about the others they don’t watch they should at least end the show on a good note with a full season they should at least have the sympathy to do that I hate it when they end a show because not a lot of viewers well there forgetting about the ACTUAL VIEWERS the people who do watch the show and love the show they need to do the rest of the season for us, not end it with 10 episodes….I mean there ending the show ENDING, why not just do a full season for us I mean when there don’t with filming the show there is no going back (im trying to get in the acting business myself and if I get on a show as god as gossip girl I would want to end the show with a good ending and make all he viewers happy

Erona Prenku

Posted at 4:31 PM on November 3, 2012

I meant to say good bot god sorry

Em

Posted at 11:51 AM on May 21, 2012

I’m with u. This is the best show !EVER! and !NOTHING! can replace it…

SGG

Posted at 10:47 AM on May 21, 2012

We will save Gossip Girl!!! I’ll do EVERYTHING fo it. Who’s with me???

P

Posted at 11:17 AM on October 9, 2012

I’m WITH YOU! LET’S DO THIS GUYS!! WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!!

Chantal

Posted at 1:54 AM on May 16, 2012

Don’t want it to end!!! My fave show of all time

Ekv96

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 11, 2012

Please,next season! This is the best show ever! I can’t stop waching! :)

girltattoo

Posted at 9:51 PM on May 1, 2012

gossip girl is possibly the best show of all time. Please dont kill it!