'The Secret Circle' Recap: Adam & Cassie Have Hot (Cursed) Sex

Thu, March 15, 2012 11:50pm EDT by 10 Comments

I’m thinking this week’s episode title, ‘Lucky,’ was all leading up to Adam & Cassie’s epic last scene.

Everyone’s first time is awkward, but can you imagine how much more awkward it would be if a gaggle of pervy birds were watching you do it from above your house? That’s how it was for Cassie (Britt Robertson) and Adam (Thomas Dekker) on the March 15 episode of The Secret Circle when they finally decided to do the dirty — but there’s really much more to the story.

It turns out the old legend about the Blakes and the Conants being “written in the stars” isn’t just destiny. It’s a “curse,” at least according to John (Joe Lando), which would explain why all those peeping ravens were fluttering over Cassie’s house during sexy times — and why they’re found dead on next week’s episode.

But that wasn’t this week’s only major revelation. Though the circlers don’t know it yet, Ethan (Adam Harrington) was actually the one who betrayed the circle and tried to have John killed all those years ago! He claims Amelia wanted John dead so they could be together, you know, because of the curse. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

Unsurprisingly, Adam didn’t want to believe his dad could have been involved in the shady business, which caused a brief fight between him and Cassie. Also unsurprisingly, Jake (Chris Zylka) was ready to dive head first into the Ethan conspiracy theory, which also led him to believe Ethan has been working with the present-day witch hunters who are after the circle. This just got real, you guys!

Meanwhile, Diana (Shelley Hennig) had a little romantic situation of her own — and this one had a super-hot Australian accent! A lovely chap named Grant (Tim Phillipps) spent the hour wooing her with smooth talk, piles of money, and promises of stuffed monkeys. I really hope she decides to go out with him, because waiting around for Adam would be the biggest waste of time ever. In case she hasn’t heard from all the peeping ravens, he’s busy wrecking Cassie Blake.

And you know how Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) hates when things don’t go her way? Just imagine how pissed she was when she discovered that Lee’s (Grey Damon) ex-girlfriend Eva (Alexia Fast) was not only alive, but still very much in love with him. Faye was able to steal a kiss from him at Casino Night — thanks to her own brand of natural lady magic — but the after-party wasn’t quite as much fun. Eva put a nasty little spell on Lee that appeared to suspend him in some sort of full-body cocoon, or it’s also possible she killed him. I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

Lastly, I continue to weep for Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy.) She continues to play sixth fiddle to the rest of the circle and it’s getting kind of sad. Her big moment this week was when she reminded Jake that Cassie is “really into” Adam. She even said, “I’ve done my part,” like she knows she’s been reduced to practically nothing.

Dear sweet writers, please give Melissa something cool. Anything cool. Actually, anything at all!

What did you think of this week’s Secret Circle? Are all you Jake fans happy to hear that Adam and Cassie’s romance is basically doomed? Do you think Lee is dead? And, seriously, when is Melissa going to get to do something? Hit up the comments section with your thoughts!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Secret Circle updates

gracey

Posted at 10:57 PM on June 15, 2014

the curse is wrong they are so cute together I love the show Casie and Adem are so cute im 13 and single I whould date Adem if I was casie I just hate the part that theres a curse

Jada

Posted at 10:53 PM on June 15, 2014

ur awesome I love ur show

gracey

Posted at 10:57 PM on June 15, 2014

Misael

Posted at 4:46 PM on March 21, 2012

What I find really boring and somehow cheeky is how they make some characters disappear! Where is grandma?!!! When she joins the action with the circle, Diana’s father comes and put this spell on her and she is “magically” somewhere outside of town for half season! Where was Charles???

Hallie

Posted at 12:30 AM on March 20, 2012

Well i believe the curse part considering the previews but i am having a hard time with what ethan said about amilia wanting to be with him from everything she has done since then suggests otherwise. If i was to guess i would say she was either playing ethan for some reason or he heard what he wanted to but i think there is alot more to this story. I think it would be a great twist if amila wasn’t dead after all we never saw a body and john managed to walk away

Angie

Posted at 7:10 PM on March 17, 2012

Anyone else creeped out that some older guy was after a high school girl? Sure, Grant was charming and complimentary to Diana, but she’s still a minor! Weirdness.

And I don’t like Adam and Cassie together. If I thought they could get it by network censors, I’d swear that Adam was the long-lost Black sibling because that’s the kind of chemistry they have. Brotherly love. Now literally.

I agree – now that Melissa is not pining after Nick, she needs a better storyline, and not one that involves her pining after a guy or getting high.

tammy

Posted at 6:22 AM on March 16, 2012

Yes, they did and I am NOT happy about it! They have barely even gotten to know each other…I hate Adam, she is for Jake!

TeamEdwardJace

Posted at 9:25 AM on March 16, 2012

how we know she is meant for jake? maybe her and adam are meant for each other, and it’s not cursed. just cuz maybe cassie’s mother and ethan wouldn’t have worked out, doesn’t mean the same for adam and cassie. and also eva took the whole pyschoexgirlfriend to a whole new level lol!

Misael

Posted at 4:41 PM on March 21, 2012

“also eva took the whole pyschoexgirlfriend to a whole new level lol!” // HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA TRUE!

Alyse

Posted at 10:54 PM on March 15, 2012

I’m so happy to hear Adam and Cassie’s romance is doomed! I really want Cassie an Jake to get together, he obviously cares about her a lot. I wish the writers would give Melissa more of a story or something, I feel bad because she doesn’t do like anything in the episodes.