Did Jennie Garth's Jealousy Over Peter Facinelli's 'Twilight' Fame Tear Them Apart?

Tue, March 13, 2012 5:37pm EDT by 41 Comments 12,345 Article Views
Jennie Garth Divorce

A source tells HollywoodLife.com the reason behind Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli’s decision to divorce after their 11 year marriage and what will happen to their three young daughters

Peter Facinelli and Jennie Garth‘s marriage has been rocky for nearly a year, so their decision to finally divorce didn’t come as a shock to their family and friends. However, HollywoodLife.com can tell you exclusively what drove them apart — and it wasn’t an outside affair or money. It was Peter’s career.

“Jennie is jealous of Peter’s career and all the opportunities he got, thanks to Twilight,” a source close to the couple tells us. “He is the breadwinner now, but she used to be a bigger deal.”

The insider says Jennie, 39, and Peter, 38, tried to rekindle their relationship over Halloween, but it didn’t work.

“Peter keeps getting offers and is getting more and more successful, which bothered Jennie,” the source says, explaining, “She started to have to stay home more often or join him on his adventures, but would get in the way.”

Plus, Jennie really wanted to work with Peter again (they met while working on the TV film An Unfinished Affair), but he wasn’t having it.

“He felt like she was riding on his coat tails,” our insider says. “And they were already having problems, so it didn’t seem like a good idea to him.”

In fact, Peter expressed those exact sentiments during our interview with him in the fall, when he was promoting Wonka Sugar.

“I wrote a TV movie that my wife starred in last Valentine’s day; we thought about doing it together but I like to keep it separate because as actors you have to suspend belief,” he said, when we asked him about working with Jennie again on screen.

“For people to buy these characters I was worried that is me and my wife starred in that together, the audience wouldn’t see the characters — they would see me and Jennie. I didn’t want to disturb the roles or characters I wrote, so I chose not to be. I think when people know you outside of that film and know you as a couple its harder for people to buy into the characters. For me, I leave the briefcase at the door.”

Even though Jennie and Peter no longer get along, they don’t want their failed relationship to get in the way of their parenting to their three daughters, Luca, Lola and Fiona.

“Peter wants to have joint custody,” our source says. “He’s a great father, but wants his daughters to have their mom in their life too.”

We’re sad to hear about Jennie and Peter’s decision to divorce, but so relieved they’re not going to get ensnared in an ugly custody battle, ala Camille and Kelsey Grammer.

What do you think about their relationship? Is it too hard for two people with the same profession to be together? Sound off below!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

More Peter Facinelli News

1. Breaking Dawn’s Edward Cullen Is ‘A Timeless Gentleman,’ Says Peter Facinelli
  2. Peter Facinelli Teaches You How To Be Carlisle Cullen From ‘Twilight’ For Halloween!
  3. Peter Facinelli & Nikki Reed Audition To Be Super Heroes! Check Out This Hilarious Video!

Glenn

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 12, 2012

Yes,Jennie is very hot,hot,hot

rick

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 10, 2012

jenny is hot

love

Posted at 3:25 AM on May 8, 2012

im so happy they were not together anymore! peter facinelli is so handsome!!!!

Libby

Posted at 3:56 PM on April 20, 2012

My heart is saddened by the news. They were a match made in heaven. I pray they find their way back to each other. I hope the amazing parenting skills and bond they have with their thee angela will play a role in them getting back together.

Devan

Posted at 5:11 AM on April 13, 2012

I loved them together but like always careers come before families with celebrities. It’s sad. He should’ve worked harder for his family in my opinion. Divorce is easy way out instead of feeling like she was riding his coat tails. That is really a crappy way to view your wife if that is the way he felt. Too many ppl flush away a family when later wishing they haven’t done so. I hope he doesn’t later regret this decision. Very sad indeed….

AmErika

Posted at 7:31 PM on March 28, 2012

she always seemed a bi@ch on 90120 so to hear she is upset by his fame from Twilight is not surprising. still sad considerin the years between them.

mary

Posted at 2:44 PM on March 28, 2012

She seems to care and love him . Therefore, why would she not be happy for his success? He is riding high right now and enjoying it. Maybe there is no room in his life right now for her and it hurts her. She did not want the divorce, so why is he so quick to give up? I can’t help but feel he wants to be free as a bird.

No Name Required

Posted at 3:21 PM on March 20, 2012

Met Peter in the West Village one night!..>we went home together….Peter is a switch hitter, he plays for both teams.

mary

Posted at 2:45 PM on March 28, 2012

Are we supposed to believe you??????

Lib

Posted at 3:59 PM on April 20, 2012

You wish Lmbo!!

rick

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 10, 2012

what a loser really u want to ruine someones life

Cha Cha Vajayjay

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 20, 2012

I feel sorry for Jennie….Peter is alatent homosexual….Peter was caught getting boned out by another man…..Jennie can’t complete….she does’nt have the equipment that Peter craves….sorry girl!…Peter Facinelli is known all over West Hollywood.

Tammy

Posted at 6:10 AM on March 18, 2012

Well it happen to me just like that I don’t see how ppl can live there family just like that I won’t do that to my do let alone my family 11 yrs I’s a long time Peter and janny should of try harder I don’t no there story on y there getting a diverse but I no the felling and it sucks Hollywood marriage I’s just can’t mix it’s like it’s a cures or something money fam changes ppl I was a fan of 90210 Jenny I’s great person I wish her the best but I also love twilight Peter I don’t know him well but I m a fan I just wish them the best and god bless and moving out if la I’s the best for there girls ..

Canyashoot

Posted at 1:46 PM on March 17, 2012

Lazy people who won’t fight for their family. Divorce is the easy way out! Suck it up, go to counseling and fix the problems that are driving a wedge between you and your spouse.

momma said NO!

Posted at 8:15 PM on March 15, 2012

what a butt kiss article! he’s a big cheater. “wants his daughters to have their mom in their life too.” really? how big of him. douche.

Natalie D

Posted at 1:53 PM on March 15, 2012

I am sadden at the news of Jennie & Peter splitting up. I can’t believe to begin to understand what its like to have your life lived in the public eye. I have watched Jennie since her 90210 days & am a Twilight Fan as well for Peter. I think if they feel this is best then they would know more than anyone. I wish them both the best of luck and hope all works out well for them and their 3 daughters. I am a Big Fan of both them.

ann

Posted at 9:57 AM on March 14, 2012

Well…Age and wealth ain’t nothing but a number for

these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is

almost 10 years older than I.We met via

~~–Agelessmeet.COM~~

a nice place for younger women and oldermen, or older

women and younger men, to interact with each other!

Maybe you want to check it out or tell your friends:)

Allese

Posted at 7:59 AM on March 14, 2012

Guess what she is getting her own reality show and moved the kids from
Los Angeles to the country! me and the kids in the country is the name
Of the how..so the real reason is coming out now! She moved out of the LA home to do this show! Reality Show ! Loving on a farm with just her
And the kids,

Kelly

Posted at 7:00 AM on March 14, 2012

They broke up over his his career not a skank or young actress people do divorce other than cheating y him maybe she was getting it on with
Her old 90210 star! That is where she is famous from… Like most
Marriages when one career takes off big time and the other tanks
Has to stay home with the kids basically career over! NO CHEATING!
Here skanks are for Brad Pitt when his kids get on his nerves!

sarah

Posted at 12:09 PM on March 14, 2012

dude, get over it – he cheated. Several outlets are reporting it now. Dude cheated with a side piece that’s still in the pciture. He abandoned his family for some dumb trick, and that’s the end of it.

Monchita is my nickname

Posted at 5:13 AM on March 14, 2012

Eleven years, I wish they wouldnt give up. I will be praying for them. With God everything is possible. I wish this two could keep trying for the best of their kids. Is not about the career or cheating is about beeing together as a family. God brougth you guys together for a purpouse. Dont give up. You guys are more mature and dont let the devil destroy what God united for life. God bless

Karen

Posted at 3:30 AM on March 14, 2012

They have been trying to work it out for a while. Move on and be happy.

carlie

Posted at 1:33 AM on March 14, 2012

wow, read the blindgossip items that confirmed that they were Peter Fach’s and you’ll see what’s really going on. He was getting it on with a underaged actress on his nurse jackie show. what a pig.

carrie

Posted at 10:45 PM on March 13, 2012

she’s not divorcing cause she was jealous. she’s divorcing cause her husband is a total skank and sorry folks but he’s no carlisle cullen

Mary

Posted at 6:20 PM on March 19, 2012

If Peter skank so are you then

nina

Posted at 10:37 PM on March 13, 2012

bs on this article-dude cheated on her. Sounds like he had side skanks both in Vancouver and in NY where he films nurse jackie. And if you believe the rumors, the NY side piece is a barely legal costar on his show who went fatal attraction on him and that was the last straw for jennie.

aerialla

Posted at 9:36 PM on March 13, 2012

If David Duchovny and Tea Leoni can work this out despite his sex addiction then anything is possible. Who knows maybe they will work it out in the long run.

Jane

Posted at 8:12 PM on March 13, 2012

I definitely thought these two were in it for the long haul as a family. Jennie wanted to be a stay at home mother when her girls were small but now wants back in the limelight. Aren’t there couple counseling that helps couples get back on the right path. Isn’t family worth fighting for. It’s too easy to divorce in Hollywood. No one seems to care anymore except the children that is affects.

gentechesssà

Posted at 7:47 PM on March 13, 2012

The same situations between Giorgio Mastrota and Nathalia Estrada: she was nobody, he was a star. And then.. pouff!! Some sexy photo, and now Giorgio sells mattresses on tv. What a sick, sad world..

sulesa cullen

Posted at 6:56 PM on March 13, 2012

this is very sad news, its amazing how many couples split over careers, and its sad coz kids are involved. even thou peter and jennie have decided to go their separate ways its nice to know they will still be together for their kids sake. i wish both of them all the best and hope things work out in the long run

sue

Posted at 3:31 AM on March 21, 2012

so this peter guys thinks that his OWN WIFE is riding on his coat tails??? WTF. you’re supposed to love your wife so much you would give up everything for her..do anything to make her happy…..but he thinks she is trying to ride on his coat tails!!!??? W T F . that just sickens me.

at least if he is gay, his behavior makes more sense.

mary

Posted at 2:52 PM on March 28, 2012

Wondering if it was he who rode on her coat tails when she was on top. I think she introduced him to the right people and he got ahead because of it. He would fail if he had no talent, so he does have something the public likes. However, he could remember when she was riding high and then became the mother of his children. She says she still cares and wants this to work, so what is his excuse for giving up? If it is not another woman or man, then WHAT??

Jeff

Posted at 3:19 AM on April 27, 2012

Maybe it’s because of her. Just because she is said to not want the divorce does not mean that she was giving effort toward a healthy relationship. I bet he doesnt deserve all of the negative press. He just might be the “good guy” and simply can’t be in an unhealthy relationship any longer.
Either way, I wish them all well.
Jeff