'Breaking Dawn' Producers: Why Kristen Stewart Was Amazing As Dying Bella

Thu, February 9, 2012 3:06pm EDT by 15 Comments
Kristen Stewart Breaking Dawn

Kristen Stewart isn’t like most actresses — she was willing to sacrifice her beautiful face for the sake of ‘Twilight’

Even though she fought to look beautiful in the wedding scene, Kristen Stewart was totally game to look horrifying for Bella Swan’s dying scenes in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1, the visual effects supervisors for the film reveal.

“Kristen was a great sport. What we’re saying to her is, ‘We’re going to make you look not good.’ As an actress her whole thing is about beauty and looking great; what we were going to do was beyond her control and she let us do it,” John Bruno said in a recent interview with Flickering Myth.

Adds his co-worker, Edson Williams, “Over the last 35 minutes of the movie, one of the characters says, ‘You look terrible.’ Kristen is a good 10 pounds thinner. You would have to A/B the [before and after] pictures to see that. Then there’s a scene where she stands up, lowers her robe and stares at herself in a mirror; her bones and ribs are showing. It gets a gasp from the audience.”

We have to admit we’re not surprised K-Stew didn’t mind getting down and dirty for Bella. She always takes her roles incredibly  seriously and puts her work before vanity.

Are you excited to see Bella as a vampire in Part 2? Sound off below!

More Rob and Kristen News:

1. Robert Pattinson Admits: I Sleep With Tons Of Hot Women
  2. Are Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Getting Engaged?
  3. Robert Pattinson Reveals: Edward Cullen Wouldn’t Approve Of ‘Bel Ami’

Tris

Posted at 2:51 AM on October 24, 2012

She is damn ugly but she can act

qalyssa

Posted at 12:22 AM on June 7, 2012

she has no personality she’s like a robot!!

nad80

Posted at 11:26 PM on February 13, 2012

I don’t know why people say she cant act.i think she is so talented actress for her age. she have something that make her more attractive and different from the others young actress.she so beautiful and perfect. love everything about her!

katie

Posted at 3:03 PM on February 12, 2012

bella is alway depressed

Mariana Hibbard

Posted at 1:32 PM on February 12, 2012

I love the movie it’s amazing
Do u have any casting in breaking dawn part2
I always wanted to be an actor i just dont know what to look up so please let me be in your movie im very good at acting

Lily

Posted at 9:25 AM on February 10, 2012

I knw there r people who say kstew cant act,but for me i thk she pretty much nailed it in bd1. She is amazing and unique,with a style of her own m tired of these other actresses who r vain and famehungry she is an exception n nt afraid to get dwn n dirty wen required.cnt wait 4 SWATH.love u Kristen!

Cathy

Posted at 9:57 PM on February 9, 2012

Heck ya love that movie

ana cabana

Posted at 9:53 PM on February 9, 2012

she probably can transform any kind .i like her in bd1 especially wedding reception with rob amazing girl

Sarah

Posted at 9:40 PM on February 9, 2012

I love her dedication! She was amazing in BDP1 and WILL BE EVEN MORE amazing in BDP2! :) It’s not surprising to me that she’s willing to give it her all for her role. She’s a unique actress, and I admire that about her. She’s not like most other actresses. Love her. <3

Kelley

Posted at 8:37 PM on February 9, 2012

Of course! Kristen’s the most gorgeous actress in the world no matter what! Breaking Dawn Part 2 is going to be a blast!

tracey russler

Posted at 7:42 PM on February 9, 2012

I cannot wait for Breaking Dawn part 2. I want to see Bella as a vampire. I’m so excited!!!!!

mma

Posted at 5:44 PM on February 9, 2012

Totally no surprise that KStew would be game to have Bella look as awful as it’s described in the book! She’s always been completely dedicated in every character she’s chosen to play. She’s amazing! The special effects/makeup in the movie were incredible. I was one of the people that gasped during the scene when she lowered her robe!

acoustic

Posted at 4:31 PM on February 9, 2012

Kristen is an amazing and wonderful actress,she interpretes her role so well and the fact that she’s willing to go the extra mile in her career and job makes her stand out.keep doing what you love Kristen.God bless you.

ChelseaLl..

Posted at 4:18 PM on February 9, 2012

Kristen is a wonderful actress. So its not do surprise that she was ready to get “dead” and terrible looking for Bella in Breaking Dawn. Lovee you Kristen:) I love Twilight:)

Crystal Nisbet

Posted at 4:12 PM on February 9, 2012

I just wanted to say, I think everyone did a wonderful job on their part, I think it was the perfect ending to part one, for Bella(Kristen) to open her red eyes…..awesome. I myself have been inspired, by this saga of love and action and suspense, as long as you have all those in a movie, your going to have a great movie. As long as you have good actors and actresses your going to have a good movie. I think the writings of Stephanie Meyer is unbelievable, such a great writer. I myself is on a journey to writing a novel, in which I hope turns out half as good as Twilight has. Awesome work you guys. I know you have millions of fans, and I myself is one of the biggest. Love to hear back from the actors and actresses, but I know thats rough to do with so many fans. The person I would like to talk to the most would be Stephanie Meyer shes a big inspiration to me, for I am a stay at home mother and if I could come up with something as good as Twilight, that would be awesome. Great Job to you all.