'Pretty Little Liars' Scoop: Aria Will Be 'Shocked' By Holden's Secret

Mon, January 30, 2012 12:00pm EDT by 104 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Shane Coffey tells HollywoodLife.com that Holden’s major secret will be revealed in the coming weeks! What do you think it is?

Holden (Shane Coffey) may be helping Aria (Lucy Hale) keep her relationship with Ezra (Ian Harding) a secret, but it won’t be long before Holden’s own secret becomes the talk of Rosewood. Shane tells HollywoodLife.com that, while Pretty Little Liars fans will be surprised to discover what he’s been hiding, no one will be more shocked than Aria herself! “It’s not directly related to Aria, but she’s involved in it,” Shane says. “He eventually tells her, and as long as she trusts him, he can keep the secret up.”

While Holden’s been trying to keep his double life on the D.L., Shane says he eventually cracks when as Aria “becomes more and more curious.”

Shane can’t tell me exactly what Holden’s secret is — the above photo of him with a bruise on his stomach is bound to raise a few eyebrows — but he assures me it doesn’t have anything to do with his shady past in Portugal.

“I think they just wrote that in to explain that he’s been gone,” Shane says. “I don’t think any of his past will come up. His father travels a lot, so I think that was just [the writers] saying he’s been gone for a while.”

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t get a little scoop on Shane’s past! For example, did you know he’s been close friends with Troian Bellisario for seven years?

“We were in the same BFA acting program [at the University of Southern California],” Shane says. “I met her when I was 18, and the rest is history. … Troian and I actually have a two-piece band together called Family. It’s underground. There are only video recordings of it, and some Garage Band audio files.”

Maybe Holden’s big secret is that he’s in a band with Spencer! A Pretty Little band, perhaps? Just thought I’d put that out there.

What do you think Holden’s big secret could be? Is he being abused? Is he involved in some sort of Fight Club? I want to hear your thoughts — the crazier, the better. So you in the comments!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars scoop

Aleece

Posted at 9:21 PM on February 6, 2012

My first thought was a fight club, but a friend and I were talking and the drugs, and bruise made us think some sort of gang affiliation. Then again, he said that Aria had it all wrong about the drugs. It could be Mya? Also, I doubt he’s working with Jenna. He beat up Noel for Aria, unless that was a cover of some sort. I doubt it though.

Salma

Posted at 6:01 AM on February 4, 2012

1. He could have an illness?
2. He could be Maya’s ex?
3. He could be A’s helper?

mrs.cuttie

Posted at 1:21 PM on February 3, 2012

it makes sense he got the bruise because hannah hit with the car because he is A helper

Pll girl

Posted at 12:53 PM on February 3, 2012

Holden could be in a relationship ( not with maya ) maybe he fell or got hit by his girlfriend so what do you think

silver33

Posted at 8:30 AM on February 3, 2012

Hi
well first of all this seriose is in kind of away very cool specialy for us girls but sometimes I think the story is geting boring becouse the events goes slowly
Secondly I do not care about his problem I onley watch the show of their bestfriend mistery I just want to konw what the lier girls done ..I am not intersterd about the other things ..
But u know its one opinun one thouht <3

ps. sorry 4 the bad splling

Lilly

Posted at 1:35 PM on February 2, 2012

A lot of the comments make partial sense. Everyone’s saying that the night Mya and Emily had dinner with Emily’s mom, Holden said that his date bailed on him which I can see but I don’t think that Holden is Mya’s ex-boyfriend. Where would they have gotten the chance to meet? The article [above] says that Holden’s time spent in Portugal with his family is not very important. The writers only added it in there to give an explanation as to where he was. Second thing is, Mya was in bootcamp. How could they have dated? Third and final, Holden’s bruise is on the right side of his hip. The direction in which the person ran out of the greenhouse, he would’ve been hit on the left side of their hip by Hannah’s car. And even if Holden is working for A and he was the one in the greenhouse, I doubt A would trust him (almost a new guy) with the cell phone that has important videos and pictures.

Vincent

Posted at 3:01 AM on February 2, 2012

Holden is the boyfriend of Maya !!!

LolGirl

Posted at 1:16 PM on February 1, 2012

I think that Holden is A’s helper! He got back right around the time A’s helper came into the picture at the greenhouse, and that bruise could be from him getting hit by Hanna’s car at te greenhouse!

Brianna

Posted at 4:04 AM on February 1, 2012

Did someone proofread this post?

sierra

Posted at 2:26 AM on February 1, 2012

The first “A,” Mona Vanderwaal received burn scars as a result of a prank played by Alison DiLaurentis She was able to discover the Liars’ secrets by reading Alison’s journal During a physical confrontation with Spencer Hastings, Mona was pushed over the edge of a quarry and fell to her death

The second “A” was Alison DiLaurentis, who killed Courtney DiLaurentis, Jenna Cavanaugh, and Ian Thomas. She also attempted to kill the Liars and Spencer’s sister, Melissa. Alison is presumed dead after being caught in a house fire. After accidentally killing a girl while on vacation in Jamaica, a new “A” appears, although their identity is currently unknown. that’s in the books who knows what their going to do to the shows

Gabby

Posted at 1:59 AM on February 1, 2012

So Holden and his family could very well be lieing about their past and being away(everyone lies in rosewood)..it doesnt rule him out of the car accident. Also we dont know his injuries overall if its not the one side that is bruised it could have been him at the greenhouse. Second i dont really think jenna is A because that would be extremley obvious and in one of the spoilers it was mentioned that we hadnt heard A’s voice yet. we hear holdens voice after that interview.seems too obvs to be jenna, not like PLL at all. perhaps jenna is being manipulated by A as well, as we continued to learn that A had it out for Allison not just hannah, aria, emily and spencer.

stephanie

Posted at 12:27 AM on February 1, 2012

i think that holden got that bruise when he was at the green house with the cellphone and hit with hanna’s car i mean hello the A person got hit by the car at the same place thats what i think happened. and i think he was sent by A but think about it A problably has a ton of people working for them to spy on the liars so im not saying holden is A i think his scar was when hanna hit the person with her car.

antlicororospataco montayas

Posted at 12:09 AM on February 1, 2012

I don’t think maya and holden have anything going on why would they it makes noo sence! It has to be something really serous and big and him datin maya or something is not a big deal, its deff something reaLly big I think it would have to do with -A!!! That is something huge!!!
I bet its like he’s getting abused by -A and he has to work for A. Idk we will have to wait a seee!!!! :D

marija

Posted at 12:00 AM on February 1, 2012

- I think that Holden is getting threats from -A or he’s getting abused by his parents!!!!

ash

Posted at 11:33 PM on January 31, 2012

how could holden and maya have hooked up if holden has been overseas?

Jenna

Posted at 11:21 PM on January 31, 2012

Is he in a fight club?

Kay

Posted at 11:21 PM on January 31, 2012

Everyones thinking he’s a bad guy, but i don’t think he is. He just got back in town so how could he be working for A or be Maya’s stalker? It isn’t directly related to Aria and if he tells her, I think it’s something else. He could be abused or in some kind of fight club. Maybe he’s “up to something” when him and aria go out, but we can’t assume the worst because aria herself is “up to something” and she’s just seeing that hunk of a man of hers.

Mariam

Posted at 10:53 PM on January 31, 2012

I think he working for jenna

Whitney

Posted at 10:19 PM on January 31, 2012

I think Holden was the guy that Jenna hired to meet Emily at the green house that Hanna hit with her car!!! And thats where the bruise came from!

Anoun

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 31, 2012

I really like the idea of him being mayas stalker!! He could be into drugs wich would explain the bruises and ths portugal would only be a cover! Although, i dont see why it would connect that much with aria? :ss i was also thinking he might be involved in something with
Mike since hes been involved in some pretty rough stuff… Or i might also think hes doing it ( whatever the it is) to protect aria :o anyways i am really starting to find howen interesting<3

Bananas

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 31, 2012

Just bc Mya says he’s a stalker doesn’t mean the guy is one Mya isn’t always honest. Maybe Holden is with Mya but wants to keep it secret bc he knows who arias friends are

Jelly

Posted at 10:05 PM on January 31, 2012

It’s either Holden is the guy that wont leave mya alone because the same night mya had dinner wit Emily and her mom, Holden had told aria that his date had bailed on him. Plus, the texts that Mya has been getting, they only started when Holden and Aria started their little scheme. Plus, it could also be Holden is -A or working for A. I think that because ever since the girls go hold of A-s phone, Holden’s been trying to friend up Aria and her friends. Plus, when Holden said he wanted to keep his bruise a secret, I’m not sure I’d felt comfortable telling my parents that while I was out trying to sabotage some girls, I’d been hit by a car. Bruises don’t fade so quickly.

PLL MAJOR FAN

Posted at 10:01 PM on January 31, 2012

I think Holden is in some sort of fight club!!!! Or at least that is what I am hoping!!!!

Jenna

Posted at 11:22 PM on January 31, 2012

Haha that’s what I thought. It makes sense…rule #1 of fight club is…

Emily D

Posted at 9:48 PM on January 31, 2012

It can be fight club because “What’s the first rule of fight club?”… I like the idea of him being Maya’s stalker. Maybe Portugal was a cover story so no one knew he was in rehab. Forget Holden’s secret! who is A?!

erin

Posted at 9:43 PM on January 31, 2012

It has to be that he likes mya and has been meeting with her. The night him and aria hung out, he said who he met bailed…the same night that mya was with emily and her mom…