'Pretty Little Liars' Scoop: Aria Will Be 'Shocked' By Holden's Secret

Mon, January 30, 2012 12:00pm EDT by 104 Comments
Courtesy of ABC Family

Shane Coffey tells HollywoodLife.com that Holden’s major secret will be revealed in the coming weeks! What do you think it is?

Holden (Shane Coffey) may be helping Aria (Lucy Hale) keep her relationship with Ezra (Ian Harding) a secret, but it won’t be long before Holden’s own secret becomes the talk of Rosewood. Shane tells HollywoodLife.com that, while Pretty Little Liars fans will be surprised to discover what he’s been hiding, no one will be more shocked than Aria herself! “It’s not directly related to Aria, but she’s involved in it,” Shane says. “He eventually tells her, and as long as she trusts him, he can keep the secret up.”

While Holden’s been trying to keep his double life on the D.L., Shane says he eventually cracks when as Aria “becomes more and more curious.”

Shane can’t tell me exactly what Holden’s secret is — the above photo of him with a bruise on his stomach is bound to raise a few eyebrows — but he assures me it doesn’t have anything to do with his shady past in Portugal.

“I think they just wrote that in to explain that he’s been gone,” Shane says. “I don’t think any of his past will come up. His father travels a lot, so I think that was just [the writers] saying he’s been gone for a while.”

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t get a little scoop on Shane’s past! For example, did you know he’s been close friends with Troian Bellisario for seven years?

“We were in the same BFA acting program [at the University of Southern California],” Shane says. “I met her when I was 18, and the rest is history. … Troian and I actually have a two-piece band together called Family. It’s underground. There are only video recordings of it, and some Garage Band audio files.”

Maybe Holden’s big secret is that he’s in a band with Spencer! A Pretty Little band, perhaps? Just thought I’d put that out there.

What do you think Holden’s big secret could be? Is he being abused? Is he involved in some sort of Fight Club? I want to hear your thoughts — the crazier, the better. So you in the comments!

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Pretty Little Liars scoop

cold calling regulations

Posted at 12:12 AM on May 5, 2013

This page really has all the information I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

Angie

Posted at 5:34 PM on February 19, 2012

at first i thought Holden was A because his bruise was right where A fell when Hannah hit him with her car but it turns out that Holden is in a fight club thingy!

HarlequinGirl

Posted at 3:10 AM on February 13, 2012

I totally think Holden is a kid spy.
Like, he’s got the whole leather-jacket, bad-boy-running-away-from-his-past thing going on.

Sharks

Posted at 6:55 AM on February 10, 2012

I don’t think Holden is ‘A’ only because, the girls said that once you find out who A is if you watch it from the beginning you’ll notice them straight away. So they are a regular. I think the closer it gets to (20th March- the episode where we find out who A is) by the time it’s up to that episode which I’m guessing will be the last of season 2 . And also I reckon the pool of suspects will get bigger.

April

Posted at 7:54 PM on February 8, 2012

i think that holden’s secret might be that he’s getting abused by his Dad because when the flashlight was going over some of the words written on the board one of them was I’m afraid of my Dad

malaakk

Posted at 4:29 PM on February 8, 2012

i really wonder where he got the bruise from. i hope he spills it on the new episode on monday the 13th.
i heard it has something to do with Msya. also, that he is “a” because he got hit on his hips with a car when the girls found his cellphone. but idk. if ezra and aria don’t work out, i would really want her and holden to hook up!

dalilaa

Posted at 7:49 PM on February 7, 2012

what if he’s ‘a’ because remember when they hit ‘a’ with the car the night that they almost caught him/her

Lisa

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 6, 2012

I really hope he isn’t involved with Maya! I want him and Aria to be together, well if her and Ezra don’t work out.