Stephenie Meyer Reveals: Why Kristen Stewart Made Me Cry

Tue, December 13, 2011 3:18pm EST by 11 Comments
Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn Wedding

‘Twilight’ creator Stephenie Meyer says when she was on the ‘Breaking Dawn’ set for the wedding scene, it was really emotional and you’ll never guess why!

Why on earth would Kristen Stewart ever make the woman credited with jumpstarting her career cry? HollywoodLife.com got our twi-hands on The Official Illustrated Breaking Dawn Movie Companion book and in it Stephenie Meyer gives us the full scoop as to why she could barely keep it together on the big day!

“I wasn’t thinking about my character [Bella’s] big moment until Kristen actually walked down the aisle, looking breathtaking in her dress,” Stephenie says. “She seemed truly nervous. She looked at me for a second as she walked by on Billy Burke‘s arm, and that was when it hit me: we were wrapping it all up, and Bella and Edward weren’t going to be a part of my daily life anymore. It felt a little bit sad, but also oddly triumphant to watch her walk by.”

Isn’t that just the sweetest thing you’ve ever heard? But Stephenie doesn’t stop there: “I was so proud of Kristen. She’d put so much work and passion into Bella’s character, and it was kind of amazing to sit on the Swan side of the congregation and support her in her big moment. I did, in fact tear up a little bit. It’s one of my favorite memories from all the time I’ve spent on set.”

Wow, what a compliment and just all around Bella love!

— Chloe Melas

More ‘Breaking Dawn’ News:

1. Robert Pattinson Would Love To Do Another ‘Twilight’ Movie
  2. Kristen Stewart: Topless In New ‘Breaking Dawn’ Pic
  3. Robert Pattinson: Why ‘Breaking Dawn’ Sex Was ‘Fun’

Nikki WATERS

Posted at 4:23 PM on December 19, 2011

WHY NOT MAKE A TV SERIES OF TWILIGHT JUST LIKE TRUE BLOOD ? IM SURE TWILIGHT FANS LIKE MYSELF WOULD LOVE IT AND THEN ROBERT CAN BE EDWARD ONCE AGAIN.

lmfao

Posted at 5:00 AM on December 14, 2011

everyone on here is entitled to their own opinions,and should be allowed to express them.just because some of you
do not agree…oh well.not everyone loves kristen like you
robsten-nuts do.
oh and to those of you who write comments making it seem like your taling to rob and/or kristen directly i.e:’give bear a big hug or a big bone for x-mas,etc.’…..oh wow,you
all crack me up.you do realize you look like idiots.oh and those of you who try and give them advise on their ‘love’
life,etc.—–oi-vay!!!you all are like a bag of mixed nuts!!

karen

Posted at 10:11 AM on December 14, 2011

Imaof,what wrong with giving support to all the twilights cast and actors.You are just one of the very ugly,jealous people who can’t stand to see people make,yes I say silly things like give bear a bone for christmas did you ever stop to think that I am a animal lover and owner and what rob did by saving bear’s life shows how much love is in his heart,kristen too because she has animals of her own.I hope kristen and rob see some of these because then they will see that not every one hates them.Whats wrong with staying stay true to yourselves,I am true to Kristen and rob,like I said they are the stars of the future,so I don’t think we are all a bag of nuts.I just think that you don’t have nuts of your own,and I’m not saying the eating kind lol.kristen and rob bring happiness to this ugly world,and you fit in there with all the jealous,negative people.like I said before is opinions are like a..holes,every one has one some good and some crazy (imfao)…so as always peace and prayers to the pattinson and stewart families.Rob and kristen you two have wonderful holidays with each other and your families,and yes give bear a really big bone for christmas he deserves it.So happy holidays to all twilight fans.(imfao) go burn your coal for not being nice..xoxo K

ana cabana

Posted at 2:08 AM on December 14, 2011

they both are amazing i love her wedding gown and i went 2nd time around to watch breaking dawn

karen

Posted at 5:49 PM on December 13, 2011

v c two of the biggest,jealous haters.Kristen and rob did a great job bring edward and bella to life.Can’t help it if millions of people fell in love with the twi series.So you stick your heads under some rock and don’t come out untill its over,which will be never twi is going to go down in history,just like harry potter,both great books,yes they were different but the same they were great…..So as I always say peace and prayers to the pattinson and stewart families and happy holidays to them.Kristen and Rob stay true to yourselves and have a wonderful holiday,and a great new year.Give bear a nice big bone for christmas .happy holidays to you all.xoxo Oh and kelly kristen is so beautiful she made cry too.Peace and happy holidays to you kelly..

Kelley

Posted at 5:05 PM on December 13, 2011

Kristen is so beautiful she makes me cry

May

Posted at 4:13 PM on December 13, 2011

V and C, we know you re the same person, you don’t like Kristen Stewart, stop reading articles about her and go away.

v.

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 13, 2011

It’s funny to just know that kristen ruined all of the movies means that you ran out to see them also. Enjoy the holidays, Grinch.

C

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 13, 2011

K Stew makes me Cry everytime I think about how her acting ruined these movies

angel2

Posted at 7:29 PM on December 13, 2011

You should actually cry that while you trash Kristen she is laughing all the way to the bank with her millions while your pathetic loser self is sitting behind a computer posting your jealous hate.

anonymous

Posted at 2:14 AM on December 14, 2011

Stop hating. I know we have different opinions about her acting. I think she did fine as Bella and got me hooked with the whole saga. While her directors, previous co-stars, and some top critics praise her, you should really cry. She’s rich, famous, well-loved, and has a real life Edward. How about you?