'Gossip Girl' Recap: Blair Tells Prince Louis She Needs Space, Plus 4 More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, November 21, 2011 10:17pm EDT by 16 Comments

Charlie is almost exposed, Gossip Girl’s sources are leaked, Dan is still in love with Blair and a much needed Chair moment all round out the Nov. 21 episode of ‘Gossip Girl’

We are nearing the much-anticipated Blair and Prince Louis’ wedding scene, where I’m hoping (just as much as the next girl) she leaves the alter and runs into the arms of Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). And after tonight’s episode, I’m liking how Blair’s fairytale is unraveling into an inescapable Chairytale.

Prince Louis (Hugo Becker) is falling into the evil traps of the UES, exactly what Blair was hoping to leave by being with him. She did enough of that with Chuck! That said, it appears as if the gentlemen’s roles have switched because Prince Louis is now the one scheming, while Chuck is redeeming. Prince Louis completely embarrassed Blair at her own wedding shower by sending a Gossip Girl blast leaking all of her sources —  which included Blair! This distracted everyone from the party and most importantly, the belle of the ball. When Blair learned it was her Prince who ruined her shower she told him she needed a break from these royal games! Don’t you agree?

More ‘OMG’ Moments:

#1 Blair Tells Prince Louis She Needs Space!

So this is not exactly what you want to hear your fiance say just weeks before the wedding. Blair confronted Louis and said: “I don’t think I can do this anymore.” Is Blair having cold feet — or is this FINALLY the beginning of their end? I’ll go with the latter, considering she showed up at Chuck’s at the end of the episode and I couldn’t be happier!

#2 Dan Admits He’s Still In Love With Blair

Well, Chuck sort of says it for him, but Dan didn’t disagree. Dan was hurt because he wasn’t invited to Blair’s wedding shower so he decided to get really drunk and crash the party. Chuck caught a whiff of Dan’s brilliant plan and decided to stop him before he made a complete fool of himself. Then the two engaged in an adorable heart-to-heart where Chuck said to Dan: “you’re in love with Blair.” And a light bulb went off in Dan’s head.

#3 Charlie is Almost Exposed!

Charlie/Ivy (KayLee Defer) won’t let anything stop her from living her UES fairytale. And I must give her credit, she’s pretty quick on her feet. Just when her ex-boyfriend outed her in front of Lily (Kelly Rutherford), she turned the story around. She said her name was really Charlie and she was really pretending to be Ivy all along to escape the Van Der Woodsen name. Nice job, Charlie, but we all know this lie is a ticking time bomb.

#4 Blair Runs To Chuck!

It’s SO obvious she is still in love with him! If she really loved Prince Louis, she would have run straight to him to try and work things out, rather than showing up at Chuck’s out of the blue at the end of the episode. Finally, she is realizing Chuck is a changed man and his actions are pure. What a great cliffhanger!

Until next Monday …

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Was tonight the beginning of the end for Blair and Prince Louis? Sound off in your comments below…

XOXO

Nicole Karlis

Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!

1. 50 Things Men Are Afraid to Ask for (but Really Want Super-Duper Badly)
  2. 21 Flirty Little Date Outfit Ideas
  3. What Your Hairstyle Says About You (According to Guys!)
  4. The Top 10 Ways to Wake Up Prettier

Kasia16

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 21, 2012

priest won’t be a priest , and Blair will interpret it as sing from God so she will go straight to Chuck’s arms <3

Lish Webb

Posted at 2:07 AM on November 26, 2011

Omg Nicole!!! I’m so over your lil obsession with Chuck!!! Ew! But anyways, he’s redeeming himself while Louis seems to be backsliding :(

Elizabeth

Posted at 7:58 AM on November 23, 2011

The beginning of the end of was when he showed up clutching her shoe, but this relationship is setting the record for the longest death scene since Peewee Herman in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Ds

Posted at 3:41 PM on November 22, 2011

So happy that blair saw the real Chuck! It was a great scene-again short but amazing! Highlight of the episode! So looking forward to next episode right now! craving for Chuck&Blair scenes more than ever…we deserve our chairytale <3 ;)

Mary Kate

Posted at 10:48 AM on November 22, 2011

This was a great episode. Usually I only watch for Chuck and Blair but this time I like lots of different storylines. That shows how good the episode was. Chuck and Dan were so great together. Chuck is like his pervy dad. Hahaha. Blair and Serena had such a sweet scene at the end. Of course the best for me was the last scene between Chuck and Blair. There is so much unfinished between those two. <3

Leitonfan

Posted at 10:18 AM on November 22, 2011

Blair rocks. And so Chuck and Blair. they were awesome individually even if Blair disappointed me alittle by blaming Serena immediately. I love how she wanted space with Louis. You go baby! And she immediately went back to her favorite lover Chuck. Oh how awesome was that scene.I melted. the chemistry was burning.

LeightED Fan

Posted at 9:22 AM on November 22, 2011

Louis needs to go! He and Blair are constantly fighting and it’s boring. Go run to Chuck bb! He really loves you Blair!

goldie

Posted at 8:48 AM on November 22, 2011

I just cannot take Dan’s feelings seriously in comparison to Chuck’s. I don’t get it. He is starting to annoy me.

Elena Salvatore

Posted at 8:42 AM on November 22, 2011

Yes she is still in love with Chuck. :) The look between Chuck and Blair in that last scene? Be still my heart. Does anyone else think Chuck almost seemed fatherly in this episode? A degenerate daddy that provides his son hot women, pot and alcohol (LOL) but kind of fatherly nontheless.

Kourtney

Posted at 8:37 AM on November 22, 2011

Great recap. I thought the episode was great! Chuck and Monkey own my heart! I also loved the Chuck and Dan scenes and Serena’s beautiful speech about Blair. And that last Chair scene? OMFG! I love them so much! I wish the writers would stop giving them stupid obstacles and just reunite them!

Tammy

Posted at 7:54 AM on November 22, 2011

Love the recap. The Prince storyline needs to wrap up. Wish it was not dragging out until the 100th. Loved the Chuck and Blair cliffhanger. They need to get these two together and stop with the obstacles already. I don’t know what to say about Dan except his feelings look more and more insane every week when compared to the love Chuck and Blair feel.

Becky Quick

Posted at 7:04 AM on November 22, 2011

Great recap! I am loving Chuck more and more this season. He was such a good friend to Dan and completely selfless with Blair. I need them to reunite now!!

Sandra

Posted at 3:16 AM on November 22, 2011

Love the recap. Really enjoyed that last Chair scene (so much emotion in so little time!), the Blerena friendship and the Duck bromance!

megan

Posted at 1:56 AM on November 22, 2011

Great recap! I think Chuck is no doubt the best fit for Blair. I mean look at all he’s done for her this year because he wants her happiness, so matter the cost to him. I love Chuck’s growth this season and was thrilled Blair finally got it that Louis is no saint and it’s been Chuck who loves her and wants her to just be happy. Chuck and Blair are soul mates.

Allie

Posted at 1:00 AM on November 22, 2011

Wonderful episode, and great recap! I was so happy to see her go to Chuck at the end- although it’s far too soon for them to reunite, at least it shows she’s having doubts! Chuck and Dan were hilarious together too. Louis seriously needs to GTFO though, I don’t know how much more of him I can stand on my TV.

Emily

Posted at 12:09 AM on November 22, 2011

This was SUCH a good episode! The friendship stories were perfect for both Serena/Blair and Chuck/Dan. Now I just need that final amazing Chuck/Blair moment to go on forever and I’ll be totally satisfied. :P