Blair Better Be Lying About Who The Father Of Her Baby Is On 'Gossip Girl' And Here's Why!

Tue, October 11, 2011 2:46pm EST by 48 Comments

Blair needs to forget about this Prince of Monaco madness! Her true king lies on the Upper East Side — not a French countryside.

On the Oct. 10th episode of Gossip Girl, Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) revealed the father of her baby is her fiance Prince Louis (Hugo Becker). Many Chair supporters — including myself — were hopeful the father would be Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick).  But to our surprise, the baby is Blair’s husband-to-be.  My heart is still aching from the devastating news!

The moment Blair walked into Chuck’s apartment — I was sure she was going to tell him she is pregnant with HIS baby! But instead she broke his heart — telling him she’s pregnant and the father is Prince Louis. My jaw dropped and my heart sank to the floor — as I’m sure all of yours did too, Chair fans.

Blair went on to say how she didn’t want Chuck to find out from anybody else and worry that the baby was his. Fair enough — I get that. Considering their past, it was only respectful of her to be the first one to tell him. But the most heart-wrenching part of it all was when Blair admitted she wanted it to be Chuck’s!

“There was a part of me that really wanted it to be yours,” she told Chuck, as a tear streamed down his face. She even admitted that her royal fairytale wasn’t all a bed of roses. “This fairytale is complicated,” she said to Chuck. Finally the truth — because we all know Blair still has feelings for Chuck!

It was definitely one of the most emotional Chuck and Blair scenes we’ve seen in all five seasons of Gossip Girl.

The two have had a tumultuous relationship with many ups and downs,  but it’s like Blair once said: “People don’t write sonnets about being compatible. Or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones. L’amour fou.”

Blair Waldorf needs to live by her own words. Her relationship with Louis is comfortable, while her relationship with Chuck is crazy –which is WHY she better be lying about Louis being the father!

There are many signs that we can hold on to which point to Blair’s dishonesty. For example, the name of the episode being “The Jewel of Denial,” the fact that we HAVEN’T actually seen the paternity test results yet, AND that Blair awkwardly hid the envelope after telling Louis.

If we know one thing true about Gossip Girl, it’s that she’s always full of surprises. There’s no way she would let us down and spill the father of Blair’s baby in episode THREE! There’s just NO WAY.

I’m still hopeful the father is Chuck and their love will reignite by the end of this season.

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Are you hoping Blair is lying about who the father of her baby is? Vote and sound off in your comments below.

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

V

Posted at 10:31 PM on October 11, 2011

I actually think she’s not lying as A.) she did open the envelope and read the results. B.) She seem sincere C.) She would of told Louis as she wanted to break up the engagement in first episode. ***But I do think the clinic made a mistake and Chuck is the father. But who knows maybe she is lying

christina

Posted at 6:54 PM on October 11, 2011

She is lying because 1. it Gossip Girl its known for their twists 2. Blair isn’t giving up her dream anything 3. the truth has to come out all dramatic like a gossip girl blast or someone over hears Blair talking bout it like Louis’ sister

Jim

Posted at 6:43 PM on October 11, 2011

@ Jackie:

“it’s not like he hasn’t traded her for a hotel before. She’s scared. Of course she is scared. Blair Waldorf, since the beginning of Gossip Girl, has yearned for her fairy tale, and now it is in the palm of her hands. She has a prince, while incredibly boring, is really sweet and loving with her and she loves him in return. Is it the all-consuming, passionate, I’d-die-for-you love that Chuck and Blair share? Heavens no. That kind of love only comes along once in a lifetime. If Blair were to spill the beans about the real paternity of her baby, not only would her fairy tale be ripped away from her, she’d be completely humiliated and undoubtedly dragged through the mud. Future princess pregnant by another man! *gasp* the horror!”

IMO, that doesn’t make Blair sympathetic in the LEAST.

Keeping someone from learning that they have a child for the sake of some “fairy tale” or self-image would simply make her look horribly selfish.

And Chuck’s past wrongs toward Blair do not excuse this or make them even at all.

I like the idea of Blair as a mom — I think it’s an interesting new direction — but I certainly hope that the writers aren’t creating something that will make me dislike Blair’s character. I think most of us agree that we simply want this silly fairy tale story over.

Saraa

Posted at 6:37 PM on October 11, 2011

I still believe in Babybass!I loved the Chuck and Blair scene from last night Chuck crying was heartbreaking.Can’t for next week,we all saw the filming pictures for this episode ;)

Jessica

Posted at 5:51 PM on October 11, 2011

She’s lying alright. Why else hide and keep the DNA Test if she wasn’t? Notice how she didn’t want Louis to see it, so she looked behind her to make sure he wasn’t looking when she put it in her drawer.

oh dear

Posted at 6:46 PM on October 11, 2011

well, the other reason is that if he had seen that she HAD to take a test at all he’d know that she cheated on him…

Rose

Posted at 7:45 PM on October 11, 2011

YES. I agree with this. I thought about that, he would question why she needed the test.

HL

Posted at 7:46 PM on October 11, 2011

Wow, I didn’t think of that… GOOD POINT

Ashley

Posted at 12:38 AM on October 13, 2011

Then why not throw it away if she just didn’t want Louie to know she was unsure of it being his? That way evidence gone, and she wouldn’t be lying about the baby. That’s why I don’t think that’s why she hid it. I think it says Louie’s not the father.

Jess

Posted at 5:18 PM on October 11, 2011

Of course she’s lying. 1) It so would not make sense for Blair to have a baby with a guest star and a guy she has no chemistry with on screen, 2) All the signs showed she was clearly lying and it seemed like she paused a long time between saying she was pregnant and then saying it was Louis’s and 3) Blair is Blair. She would do anything to keep her fairytale dream alive and with Chuck pushing her to the prince she thinks that’s all she has left and now that’s at risk with the paternity of her baby in question. And I really do no see the drama or surprise of it being revealed as Louis’s in episode 3. That would be so lame and anti climatic.

Jackie

Posted at 4:34 PM on October 11, 2011

Great article!

I 100% believe the baby is Chuck’s and Blair was lying. While I want to strangle her for doing that to Chuck, let’s be honest.. it’s not like he hasn’t traded her for a hotel before. She’s scared. Of course she is scared. Blair Waldorf, since the beginning of Gossip Girl, has yearned for her fairy tale, and now it is in the palm of her hands. She has a prince, while incredibly boring, is really sweet and loving with her and she loves him in return. Is it the all-consuming, passionate, I’d-die-for-you love that Chuck and Blair share? Heavens no. That kind of love only comes along once in a lifetime. If Blair were to spill the beans about the real paternity of her baby, not only would her fairy tale be ripped away from her, she’d be completely humiliated and undoubtedly dragged through the mud. Future princess pregnant by another man! *gasp* the horror!

Secondly, she’s scared of how Chuck would react. After seeing the picture on Gossip Girl of Chuck giving the dog to the pound, I’m sure that nailed the coffin shut on “Is Chuck Bass father material?” in Blair’s head. He’s Chuck Bass! We all know what that means. I think in Blair’s mind, she thinks it is a lose/lose situation. IF she tells the truth, she loses her fairy tale, and she loses Chuck. Chuck doesn’t want to be a father.. so on and so forth.

However, I think during the EPIC Chuck and Blair scene last night *chills* when she realized he kept the dog, the guilt really sat in. Maybe it’s my wishful thinking, or maybe it’s on behalf of the brilliant actings choices by Leighton Meester, but in my opinion, Blair had guilt written all over her starting from the Chuck/Blair scene and ending with the Louis/Blair scene. That envelope was tucked away for a reason, and I think that reason is for someone else to find it, possibly Beatrice, Louis’ meddling sister.

The baby cannot be Louis’. How easy and lame would that be? Why even have Chuck and Blair sleep together in S4 finale only to clear it all up in episode 3 of Season 5. Ok, Louis’ the father, end of story.

Not.

This is Gossip Girl, folks. Gossip Girl is nothing if not a sneaky little bastard. Coming up, we have Louis’ mother trying to force Blair to sign ridiculous custody clauses (why??? why, exactly.) and Blair and Louis having a power struggle with his family. I think, over time, Blair is going to realize that while Louis is a prince, this is not HER fairy tale. Her fairy tale includes Chuck Bass, Baby Bass, and Monkey Bass. The writers keep saying this season is all about growing up. Blair has to grow up and realize the fairy tale she’s been hanging on to since she was 5 was not all she thought it would be and Chuck.. well, he just needs to emotionally mature and I think last night’s amazing, heartbreaking ending Chuck scene was the beginning of that. Kudos to Ed Westwick, BTW. Broke my heart.

The wedding, if I read the Save the Date correctly, is November 26th. That’s about 5 episodes from now. I’d bet my house that Blair and Louis do not get married. I imagine that in true Gossip Girl fashion, the truth will be revealed at the wedding for the most climatic effect. Of course, this could all be me wishful thinking, but after five seasons of GG the one thing I learned is everything is not as it seems. And, if we’re being practical, if Blair and Louis marry, she moves to Monaco.. what are they going to do, have a bi-country show? I don’t think sooo…

Baby Bass for the win!

step

Posted at 4:26 PM on October 11, 2011

If Blair isn’t lying this show is DEAD to me. I loved the Chuck and Blair scene and Chuck’s scene at the end. Monkey is adorable and I hop he sticks around. I also love “poor Chuck” trended. We all know Twitter loves CB!

MSC

Posted at 4:15 PM on October 11, 2011

I do think it’s Chuck’s and Blair is lying. There was just something very off with her. I loved the CB and Chuck scenes! Heartbreaking but lovely!

Elezabeth

Posted at 4:08 PM on October 11, 2011

OH MY EFFIN G. WHEN I SAW CHUCK CRY IT WAS LIKE TORTURE.

it better be a freakn lie and the baby must be chucks.
the end.
can prince louis just fly off to where he came from ?

Hannah

Posted at 4:07 PM on October 11, 2011

Blair’s totally lying! Just check out the expression on her face when she sees that Chuck kept Monkey (i.e. maybe he can handle some responsibility after all!) They put that dog in the scene for a reason.

Hope Blair tells him the truth soon. I really do believe that Chuck could be a good father.

Shawn Marie

Posted at 4:05 PM on October 11, 2011

Great write up Nicole. I agree with you 100%. There is absolutely no reason to write a pregnancy storyline for Blair if the baby isn’t Chuck’s. We all know Louis, & the actor who plays him, is a temporary character. The only reasons the writers have for writing this is to propel Chuck & Blair & their lovestory forward.

The entire scene was beautifully written & acted. I could feel their pain. You could also read the dishonesty all over Blair’s face. There is no doubt that Chuck is the father!

Carla

Posted at 4:02 PM on October 11, 2011

Chuck’s the dad, hands down, no doubt in my mind, it’s just another OMG moment for GG, but this time it’s actually one that will bring good drama! The betrayal of passing the baby off as Louis is really bad, I think they’re doing it to have Blair do something really bad to Chuck so that they’re even, IMO. I think Dan is actually going to be the one who will bring Chuck and Blair together by revealing the news of the paternity like the day of the wedding, it’ll be super dramatic.

Scarlett

Posted at 4:00 PM on October 11, 2011

while I loooove the whole article this ”I’m still hopeful the father is Chuck and their love will reignite by the end of this season” is the one sentence I love above all. This is how millions feel and hope. Blair has to leave that prince because her King is in Manhattan waiting for his Queen B.

Rett

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 11, 2011

Blair was totally lying, she kept the results, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she opened the envelope, but was too scared to read it! The odd expressions on her face are the dead giveaway! Along with her comments to Chuck and then her shocked expression that he had kept monkey!!! Chuck and Blair along with Monkey stole the show!!! The Baby is definitely Chucks!

Megan

Posted at 3:39 PM on October 11, 2011

I am 100% positive it is Chuck’s baby. Blair even said “I know fatherhood isn’t part of the Chuck Bass lifestyle,” or something along those lines, so she thinks her child will be better off with Louis as the baby. BUT as soon as the sees that Chuck didn’t get rid of the dog, she realizes he does have a heart and therefore would be a good dad. Just give it a few episodes, Chair fans, we will have our Chairytale soon enough!

donna

Posted at 3:37 PM on October 11, 2011

Thx for the lovely recap…She sure is lying. She acted really wierd and totally in denial. She could have to see Chuck after telling to Louis but she first went to see him. She was dissappointed to see the blast about Chuck getting rid of the lovely doggie…But when she saw that he kept the doggie, it seems like she regretted already. And their scene was amazing!!! And Chuck last scene was beyond amazing!!! Literally cried cried and cried (I’ve wathed many times and everytime I’ve cried =))) ) I loved Monkey…so adorable..I hope they don’t get rid of it…I want to see a full family this season. Chuck and Blair Bass, Baby Bass-Waldorf and Monkey Bass…AMAZING!!!!!!

<3333

Jenna

Posted at 3:35 PM on October 11, 2011

I am still convinced it’s Chuck’s baby. Something was off last night.

Regardless, I think Chuck and Blair will be happily reunited by the end of this season. I would have thought that even without Baby Bass.

Carly

Posted at 3:34 PM on October 11, 2011

There were a few odd expressions on Leighton/Blair’s face that seem to suggest she was lying. I think there should be a 3rd option on that poll – Blair wasn’t lying but it’s not Louis’. It is possible someone messed with the paternity results…maybe Princess Sophie? I just hate the idea of Blair lying to Chuck about something this big.

Danielle

Posted at 10:47 PM on October 11, 2011

I agree with you (Carly) totally. I don’t think Blair would lie to Louie and Chuck. She loves them both too much to lie about something so huge. It has to be a mistake or tampered with! But I’m sure it’s something that most of us won’t think of like lying. We should give the writers more credit than that!

Marissa

Posted at 3:33 PM on October 11, 2011

I know that Blair has to be lying. You could tell because of her facial expression when she read the results. And the way her eyes wondered after she said that a part of her wished it was Chucks. She doing to it to keep her fairytale. It would be too boring if Prince Louis was the father. And would go to according to plan. I think eventually the truth will come out. And i think it will have to do with Dorota or Dan. Bc Dorota had to have seen the results bc she taped it. And it seems like Dorota and Dan have some sort of relationship going on bc of Blair. So She might tell Dan. All i can say is that we should keep a close eye on Dorota. I cant wait until Chair is back together and hopefully with a new baby on the way.

Melissa

Posted at 3:31 PM on October 11, 2011

I have no doubt that Blair is lying. This show is all about surprises. They had Dorota pregnant just so everyone could be all upset that it wasn’t Blair, and then SURPRISE Blair really is pregnant too. Until we see the test results or Josh Safran says that the baby is Louis, I’m going to keep believing it is Chuck’s.

There’s no drama with the baby being Louis’, and even though the writers have put Chuck and Blair fans through a lot of misery over the last 4 seasons, I would like to think they aren’t that cruel.

Sandra

Posted at 3:25 PM on October 11, 2011

Her face when she saw the dog? She’s lying! The scene was heart-breaking but it was beautiful!

Chris

Posted at 3:24 PM on October 11, 2011

“I’m still hopefully the father is Chuck and their love will reignite by the end of this season.”

DITTO!!!

Love the write up and agree completely!! I can understand her lying but she better be lying!! We want this to go back to Chair!

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 3:23 PM on October 11, 2011

Loved the article Nicole! I agree with you entirely,it would be just too easy is Louis was the real father of the baby and we all know GG is anything but easy:)) Also,Blair kept the test and that was a foreshadowing to me that it will reveal the truth later on,maybe someone(Louis,pls God let it be him) finds it and realizes that he is not the one who will become a father! Plus the writers said that we’d find out who the father is by mid-season,and that for me is a confimation that Blair will drag this lie as much as she can until something happens and Chuck learns the truth!

Hannah Jo

Posted at 3:15 PM on October 11, 2011

I’m with you 1000%. Blair has to be lying about the father of her child! Her guilty look when Monkey came out to greet her, her quick hiding of the test results… Nope. I refuse to believe that baby is a Grimaldi. It’s going to be Chuck Bass, Jr. all the way!

Megan

Posted at 10:34 PM on October 11, 2011

Guys! They did not build up the Chuck and Blair love story for 4 1/2 years just to have some random guy come into the picture and father Blair’s child. Blair is too important of a character and plus we know that CHAIR like to keep us on edge. Whether it is Blair or Chuck lying..they lie. That’s what they do and then it all works out in the end. Keep watching CHAIR fans!